Nationals again and again (1 Viewer)

OP
BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #283
    ++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++
    The penalty was wrong, but the extra-extra minute was not! 4 minutes was added on, and in stoppage time Romania decided to make a substitution, which should be illegal! It took Mutu at least 30 seconds to leave the pitch. Then you were given a cornerkick. A dane ran out and placed the ball, but Munteanu just walked really slow, and took even longer to take the damn cornerkick... that was another 30 seconds, and Meier was right to add another minute then.
    As you say. I was too excited at that moment to think properly you know. But since this is what the comentators said, I took it as it was. But if you, who was at the scene of the match, are saying like this, ok :)

and his name is Flemming Toft ;) Close though...
    Sorry :angel: I'm not too good at names, especially Nordic ones.

I saw that on TV later, and what you are saying is rubish. When fouled like that, by accident or not, everyone will get pissed. I know I would! He was mad and he didn't realize that it was his teammate from Chelsea who did it. Mutu told him to calm down, which he did. Don't make a big deal out of this... it was a completely natural reaction.
    Whatever. To me it seemed so scary. I really dunno why now, because I usually like Jesper and you know that. Maybe it was the transmision :D

No one really played a good match. It was messy and weird. Meier was a poor ref, but he didn't favor Denmark at all. He gave Romania endless freekicks and he didn't even see when Martin Jørgensen was kicked in the head in the penalty area.
    As you say, at least you agree that the poor guy should take a pair of glasses with him from now on ?

Thomas was the best... I agree, he kept us alive.

Tøfting? He retired after the World Cup... only from the national team though. He's playing in China these days.
    Sorry. Names :wallbang: Gravesen I was about to say.

And at least about the goalie we agree.

I
    t wont. I'll never get so mad about a football match. And if anyone is to get mad about it - it should be you, cuz your chances of qualification are really slim, infact close to zero. Norway have to lose or draw with Luxembourg, otherwise you wont make it. So your chances aren't big at all.
    Great. Me neither. Friends as at the beggining ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    You're saying that it is ok to waste time?

That's about the ugliest, most disgusting thing in football, and anyone who does deserves to be punished for it!
    So what? Everyone does it. But it doesn't call for special treatment. Some refs will act on it, some won't, the lack of continuity bugs me.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

So what? Everyone does it. But it doesn't call for special treatment. Some refs will act on it, some won't, the lack of continuity bugs me.
    I don't care if "everyone" does it, or if every ref doesn't act on it. He was right to do it.

Juvefan49

Jun 12, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    Nobody knows nothing sure about the play-offs ?
    www.uefa.com writes: Play-off draw
    After the identity of the ten qualifying group winners is known, the final five places at the tournament will be decided by play-offs involving the ten group runners-up. The play-off pairings for EURO 2000™ were reached following an open draw although the Executive Committee will make a final decision on the procedure for the EURO 2004™ edition. The second-placed teams will learn their fate at the Airport Sheraton in Frankfurt on 13 October at 12.15CET, with the UEFA European Under-21 Championship play-off draw at 12.00CET.

Play-off dates
    The EURO 2004™ play-off ties will be played over two legs on 15/16 and 18/19 November, but UEFA have yet to decide if teams will be seeded in the draw. The victorious five countries will join hosts Portugal and the ten group winners in next summer's final tournament. Already assured of their place, after last night's set of qualifiers, are Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, France and Sweden who have won their respective groups.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

That's bs! 4 minutes is 4 minutes, regardless of time wasting. That's why you had 4 minutes in the first place.
    Agreed. Stoppages in stoppage time are always ignored.

gray

Apr 22, 2003

and his name is Flemming Toft ;) Close though...
    Haha I think it's easy to tell the difference between Stig Tofting and any other player. :LOL: the famous barrel

I saw that on TV later, and what you are saying is rubish. When fouled like that, by accident or not, everyone will get pissed. I know I would! He was mad and he didn't realize that it was his teammate from Chelsea who did it. Mutu told him to calm down, which he did. Don't make a big deal out of this... it was a completely natural reaction.
    I disagree, I've seen so many times when players have been tackled and fouled, and because they realise it's one of their club teammates, they smile and shake hands... but then again, I guess that'd be between players like Inzaghi and Vieri... Mutu has only been Jesper's friend for like... a couple of months max?

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

Agreed. Stoppages in stoppage time are always ignored.
    That doesn't make it right though! I'm happy that at least one ref cares about justice and not what other ref's would do.

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I disagree, I've seen so many times when players have been tackled and fouled, and because they realise it's one of their club teammates, they smile and shake hands... but then again, I guess that'd be between players like Inzaghi and Vieri... Mutu has only been Jesper's friend for like... a couple of months max?
    He wasn't aware that it was Mutu. He was tackled from behind, and he got up really pissed, but when he saw that it was Mutu, he calmed down... and Mutu just smiled - so I guess they're ok. :)

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #291
    Look, since I began all this, I have to stop it. Please don't argue anymore. What has been has been and nobody can change that ... not to talk about the memorium our federation has done against Urs Meier. I am sure that both the teams were fair, so done with this story. Remember Denmark in that match with Iran, with such a great prove of fair play from Morten Wieghorst :)

So ... I hope not more controversies about this one, please ?

:angel:

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    nothin darling ;)

btw, i just watched the Romania - Denmark game, great game. the last goal was stupid i agree, the game shoulda been over by then and romania deserved to win..but they shoulda tooken their chances at the ending of the match...mutu missed to, Bartu??(the sub) missed two chances, and there was another 1. they shoulda burried the match, and they should blame themselves 4 not winning.

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by dj juve ] ++
    btw, i just watched the Romania - Denmark game, great game. the last goal was stupid i agree, the game shoulda been over by then and romania deserved to win..but they shoulda tooken their chances at the ending of the match...mutu missed to, Bartu??(the sub) missed two chances, and there was another 1. they shoulda burried the match, and they should blame themselves 4 not winning.
    Level of agreement with this post: 100%.

OP
    BloodOnMoral

BloodOnMoral

Jun 4, 2003
  • Thread Starter #296
    Bratu :)

I know. We seem just that we can't make a proper catenaccio. What can we do ? We are doomed. Need to take some lessons from the Italians. We'll call Zenga, as he is in the country anyway ;). Thank you for the compliments. What have been have been and we have nothing to do anymore. Well, at least, we can hope that Lux will beat Norway, which will probably happend in another Ice Age, so better stop dreaming, Romania :D

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by BloodOnMoral ] ++
    Have you ate Brunost today or why are you in such hapiness ?
    I'm not happy today, this has been a day of infinite sadness. I don't want to talk about it actually, send me a PM tonight or tomorrow and maybe I can explain :) .

I certainly haven't eaten any Brunost today, I haven't for at least ten years.

I think DJ summed up my feelings on the Romania match very well, the Romanians at XT are talking about how it's all a big conspiracy with the refs and all, but in the end they could have settled the match by themselves many times over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)