Nationals again and again (2 Viewers)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Belgium 2-1 Croatia (Sonck, Sonck/Simic)
Czech Rep 3-1 Netherlands (Koller pen, Poborsky, Baros/Van der Vaart)
Germany 2-1 Scotland (Bobic, Ballack pen/McCaan)

The Czechs are going to Portugal, while Scotland are forging a come-back against Germany.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by tarmpropp ] ++

Yes, but the Danes wouldn't have anything to play for, as they are against the Norwegian NT after our little "war of words" earlier in the campaign. Now Denmark will play "for real", and I think that will be decisive.
Yes, I am aware of that. But IMO, Bosnias only chance of getting to Portugal is to finish first. Playoffs would be the death of us. So, IMO this is the way it should be.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
As I promised Iulia, here's my view on todays match, Denmark 2-2 Romania

I was there in "Parken" and I had a pretty good view of the match, all though I had to catch the short re-live for the details of the penalty and so on...

I didn't recognize my team. Denmark lacked power, control and determination. As a hometeam you need to have control of the match, you need to push forward and create chances, Denmark didn't do any of that. The midfield was a total mess. They couldn't even make a simple pass nor could they hold the ball for more than a few seconds. Romania had control of the midfield, but thankfully they didn't produce much coming forward, which you could thank the danish defence for.

1-0,
From where I was sitting I couldn't see if it actually was a penalty, but later on when I watched it on TV, it didn't seem correct. All though Jon Dahl is pushed, it wasn't very hard, and he dived. Urs Meier gave the penalty, which Jon Dahl then scored with no problems.

1-1,
The defence started to fall apart in the 2nd half. They were like half asleep when Mutu equalized. A cross from the right came at Mutu, and the two defenders didn't even react. He brought it down, then took a step or two to right with Laursen and Henriksen chasing, but cuz of their late reaction they couldn't tackle or block his shot, which was placed low out of Sørensens reach.

1-2,
Again Romania were given to much room. A corner came in and was headed away by Poulsen. Pancu then picked it up totally unmarked and then blasted it in the low left corner. Kinda of an lucky punch, but the danes weren't playing well at all.

2-2,
4 minutes of stoppage time was added. Romania used most of it to be total wankers. Making a substitution in stoppage time should be illegal. Using 30 seconds to take a damn corner. Thankfully Urs Meier noticed this and added another minute. Denmark then equalized in the last second. The ball was whipped into the box and created chaos. The Romanian defence looked confused and left Martin Laursen unmarked only a couple of meters from the goalline. He picked up the lose ball and drove it home.

All in all, Denmark was lucky to get a draw. But Romania didn't play well either. It was a weird match, thanks to the rain and the poor referee. When Denmark pushed forward in the last minutes, Romania were given many chances on counter strikes. They couldn't beat Thomas Sørensen though.

It's hard to decide who was the man of the match, cuz it was a weird and messy match, with lack of good football. But the best danish player was Thomas Sørensen who kept them in the hunt. Laursen was also in good shape, but he was totally misplaced and unaware when Mutu scored. Romania's best was clearly Munteanu, his workrate was amazing.

We can't be upset about this result. A win could have secured a ticket to Portugal, but a draw is kinda good I guess. We're still nr. 1 and we are certain of at least a play-off spot.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
England 2-0 Liechtenstein (Owen, Rooney)
Slovenia 0-2 France (Trezeguet, Dacourt)

Makelele has been sent off for France and as a result Trez has been subbed for Dacourt.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by G_O_A_T ] ++
Now, Kalle, the match in Bosnia should be interesting, wouldnt you say :devil:
Yes, very. You guys need to win, while we can go through with a draw. You'll need to push forward and pay close attention to our wingers. You did that in Denmark and did it well, but we seem better when playing away games... dunno why, it used to be the other way around :confused:

I'm looking forward to it, it should be a great match if Olsen can get it through his thick scull that our current tactics aren't working at all.

We're certain of a play-off spot, but considering the teams we could meet there, we want this 1 place, and I hope the team will show some determination and secure the ticket to Portugal.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Same here, only a win is enough for us. I'm glad you drew with Romania, there is almost no way Bosnia could have won in the playoffs. It will be hell I tell you, hell! :devil:

I cant wait.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
Poland 0-2 Sweden :groan:

I guess Sweden just qualified to Euro 2004, cause they were celebrating very much.

There is still tiny hope cause Hungary lost with Latvia 1:3, so Poland has to win next match with Hungary and has some hope, that Sweden will win with Latvia. And sth more, I forgot after this awful match today :(

Anders

Dec 13, 2002
Same here, only a win is enough for us. I'm glad you drew with Romania, there is almost no way Bosnia could have won in the playoffs. It will be hell I tell you, hell! :devil:

I cant wait.
But if those racist bastards shows up again... :fero: :(

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by vitoria_Ally ] ++
Poland 0-2 Sweden :groan:

I guess Sweden just qualified to Euro 2004, cause they were celebrating very much.

There is still tiny hope cause Hungary lost with Latvia 1:3, so Poland has to win next match with Hungary and has some hope, that Sweden will win with Latvia. And sth more, I forgot after this awful match today :(
Yeah, worse than expected, I thought it would be a draw. Ironically, it's still in our hands, we're in if we beat Hungary, of course we'd lose the play off anyway so what's the point.

Anders

Dec 13, 2002

Dont worry, I dont think they will. It was an isonated incident IMO, and not likely to happen again :)
But if they gain access to the stadium again, and Røll is playing it could easily happen again right?

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

Yeah, worse than expected, I thought it would be a draw. Ironically, it's still in our hands, we're in if we beat Hungary, of course we'd lose the play off anyway so what's the point.
I didnt expect Poland to win, I've checked statistics before the match, and I found out, that Sweden didnt lose any of qualicications matches for last 6 years, only wins or draws - so why they should now? Specially, that if they won today, they would qualify to Euro - and they did.
So congratulations Sweden :)

It's in our and Sweden' hands now, we have to win with Hungary AND they have to win with Latvia. So let's hope, that they want to keep their statistics as it is.

Well, but still better to try those play off matches, then lose now :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Kaliman ] ++

But if they gain access to the stadium again, and Røll is playing it could easily happen again right?
Of course it could, I'm not guaranteeing anything. Thas kind of thing can happen anywhere, but I really hope it wont, and I'm sure the FA will ask the fans to beahve themselves during the match.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)