Nationality debate (17 Viewers)

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
We can't f*ck up on our fullbacks. So far we can't complain on our mercato. We basically have the starters at mid and in front, we just need solid fullbacks and we're set.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We have excellent ball winners too, excellent goalkeeper, and very good Chiellini (hopefully very good Cannavaro) in CD.
One playmaker next to the ball winners and two powerful full backs will make this team really strong.

As JCK said, the 5 years plan (creating a strong team, adding good depth, building a stadium etc) is slowly but surely being fulfilled. Buying a good playmaker, maybe Rossi for Trez, and AT LEAST one great fullback this year will put us in great position to create a great starting XI next summer when all we'll need will be another full back and finally a world class CB in Canna's place.

I don't wanna jinx anything, but i like it how things are shaping up.

* Waiting for Cronios to tell me that i'm wrong.
Couldn't agree more really, we're really strong in quite a few positions, but those fullback positions are something to be really worried about still. I hope we get Criscito and maybe Motta, but I'm afraid as far as we'll go when it comes to fullback positions are the likes of Grosso / Dossena. On the other hand I find it hard to believe Ferrara would settle for 1 LB @ 30+ years of age.

Rossi would definitely be a good step when you look at the future, building a 'new' and younger Juve. So much potential..

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
DP/Trez - Amauri/IQ
Diego/Gio

I realise their characteristics aren't all the same, but that's how it would look like in our 4-3-1-2 formation. Meaning we have 2 in every position, that's what I meant :).

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
------------amauri---------
---rossi----diego----giovinco

----marchisio--sissoko-----

would be so fun to watch when were not conceding :p

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
We have excellent ball winners too, excellent goalkeeper, and very good Chiellini (hopefully very good Cannavaro) in CD.
One playmaker next to the ball winners and two powerful full backs will make this team really strong.

As JCK said, the 5 years plan (creating a strong team, adding good depth, building a stadium etc) is slowly but surely being fulfilled. Buying a good playmaker, maybe Rossi for Trez, and AT LEAST one great fullback this year will put us in great position to create a great starting XI next summer when all we'll need will be another full back and finally a world class CB in Canna's place.

I don't wanna jinx anything, but i like it how things are shaping up.

* Waiting for Cronios to tell me that i'm wrong.

I've been screaming about rebuilding with youth ever since I stumbled upon this forum all those years ago.

Its about time, but to me there were some missed opportunities, such as Pazzini and Montolivo.

As far as a fullback is concerned, the only type that I would want to see, to use a hockey term, is a "stay at home defenseman". One whose responsibility will be to stay in his own half of the pitch, and not be conerned with being a part of the buildup.

Hell, that might be cheaper too

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I've been screaming about rebuilding with youth ever since I stumbled upon this forum all those years ago.

Its about time, but to me there were some missed opportunities, such as Pazzini and Montolivo.

As far as a fullback is concerned, the only type that I would want to see, to use a hockey term, is a "stay at home defenseman". One whose responsibility will be to stay in his own half of the pitch, and not be conerned with being a part of the buildup.

Hell, that might be cheaper too
But we will need aat least one attacking full back to make the 4-3-1-2 system work.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
We need them to offer width going forward if we're going to play 4-3-1-2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)