Nationality debate (38 Viewers)

Luftwaffles

Il terzo uomo
Dec 1, 2005
If Rossi is going to Juve than this board can stay a couple of years!:p:p I like the new attitude. Young Italian players, finally! Not a team like Inter, because that's a shame for Italian football.

Rossi was on my watch list since he made an impact in Villareal, but since he has joined the Azzurri he became a hype. I hope we can still get them though. He is the perfect follow up for Del Piero. And he can also fit in the systems we're going to use.

One thing that makes me think is the money we've got. We already bought Diego, Canna (free, but I expect a huge salary) and (almost) D'Ago. That's about 30 mil. Then, we definitely need (a) back(s). And we've got Rossi who's valued around the 15 mil. I hope we can finance this with the transfer of Trez (only if Rossi is coming), Tiago, Poulsen and Zebina.
One of the things the Juve directors do get right is the financial aspect of transfer dealings.

I'm confident all new signings from now on to 31/8/09 will be financed from sales and/or negotiated in instalments.

Tiago is due back to France, Trez ( I hope ) to Spain, Poulsen to 2/3 poss. destinations and DC to Udinese. The transfer strategy should see us much better placed.

The problem was that c**t ** Ranieri

** clot

Buy on AliExpress.com
Sep 1, 2002
I was merely explaining the play and the decisions behind some of our players. I've actually played at the back for a while and I'm not sure others here have, so I'm just clarifying.

It doesn't seem like bianconera has, for instance.
Well, of course, because that's all they can say really. It's funny, because the US probably has the most number of good posters on this forum from any particular country. Aaron, Burke, you, Sergio, Pado, Greg, Tahir and others.

Hee Haw

The insight is just to revealing.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
:tup:

Well some of it I guess .

Hustini, wtf ? when did i call you a stupid amarican?? lol i dident even know you where amarican?.. you where saying i was making a fool out of myself with some of my post's. now you start crying and telling other member that i'v said something bad to you?!.. lol if u think im to harsh on you then tell me, ill stop replaying your post.. dont run to andy with it!!!!

Ohh yeah andy, you are so smart.. you know how to spell right.. you should be the president of the usa.. thats all you need, knowing how to spell!..
btw english is my 3'rd languege after Albanian and Danish. im doing fine with it, even if i cant spell as good as you mr. president!

qyqy a shqiptar je a?.. :)

Very silly indeed... Nice post btw..
I was insulted by the criminal post in regards to americans. You were generalizing, I found the example in bad taste and since I am one of what two people that dislike rossi I was thrown in the generalization. I was on this thread all day long trying to stand up to my opinion despite the large consensus against it. Andy came later, I did not run to him but we shared info as its basically he and I that aren't happy about it. Sorry if I misunderstood or over reacted, but I am not the "standard american" people seem to think of on here nor do I wish to be generalized in that way. Sorry.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun16f.html

Juve plan Rossi swap
Tuesday 16 June, 2009
Antonio Caliendo, the agent of Juventus striker David Trezeguet, believes his client would be open to a move to Villarreal in exchange for Giuseppe Rossi.

Trezeguet is rumoured to be up for sale despite statements made to the contrary by Juventus director of sport Alessio Secco.

The prospect of using Trezeguet as bait to lure Rossi, who scored twice for Italy last night, could change his mind, though.

According to reports in the Italian Press, Villarreal have already been in contact with Trezeguet.

The club's President, Fernando Roig, is said to have offered the Frenchman a three-year contract worth £2.5m a season.

“It's a possibility to keep in consideration, we can work on this kind of operation,” Caliendo said.

With Trezeguet inserted into the transfer Tuttosport believe Rossi would cost Juventus £15m.

Rossi fits the kind of player Juventus are trying to attract. He is young and Italian.

The 22-year-old has now scored three goals for Italy in under 10 days.

He has been excellent for Villarreal since joining them from Manchester United in 2007.

Rossi has scored 23 goals in 57 appearances in La Liga.
as if we could be that fortunate

Mar 24, 2006
Holy cow , i just watched Italy vs USA highlight , what a terrific shooting skill on his second goal , no wonder Andy hating him more than ever after yesterday game :D

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I know that people here right now are obsessed with Rossi specially after last night's performance but personaly i wouldn't take him to Juve knowing that he'll be a direct replacement over Giovinco.

Rossi always showed that he had the talent ever since he's united's days and i had absalutely nodoubt that he'll turn out to be what he is right now but Giovinco IMO deserves to be on this team more than him.

Plus if what is said in that article that ahmed posted is "close" to the real deal then sending Trezeguet + 15 mil for Rossi is just a waste of money knowing that we have a similar talent at exactly the same age waiting for he's turn to play in the team.

Both Giovinco and Rossi played together in the azzurrini and both had similar impact in that team (at times Gio had a bigger impact).

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm confident all new signings from now on to 31/8/09 will be financed from sales and/or negotiated in instalments.

Tiago is due back to France, Trez ( I hope ) to Spain, Poulsen to 2/3 poss. destinations and DC to Udinese. The transfer strategy should see us much better placed.
I don't remember who exactly, but one of the directors of Juve/Milan/Inter said that due to the economic crisis this will be a summer of player exchanges all over Europe, and especially in Italy.
The influx of money from Madrid will fuck up that prediction but those teams who won't see a penny from Perez's money will, imo, indeed do a lot of bussines with player exchanges.

Juve will be among them i believe. Unlike Milan for example, we have lots of players that are younger than 30 and we don't really need. Players like Marchionni, Tiago, De Ceglie, Molinaro, Grygera, Poulsen, Palladino, Almiron etc are players we can live without and at the same time they're players that might interest other teams who have players that interest us.

As for Rossi....he's an exciting player, with great potential, but at the same time he's not attractive enough for teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Chelsea, Manchester etc, who're aiming higher and will try to buy proven world class strikers, if they don't already have such strikers.
That leaves the Italian giants as the only ones that might be seriously interested in Rossi and at the same time, financially strong enough to tempt Villareal to sell him.

Milan have Pato playing in the same position as Rossi, Inter have Zlatan and we have Del Piero. If Inter keep Zlatan or if their interest in Aguero is not just a rumour, then Juve will probably be the only big team that actually needs Rossi. (Del Piero is still #1 choice of course, but looking further than this following season, we are probably Rossi's main chance for a starting XI spot in a big team and he is our main chance to find a player who might successfully take Ale's place).

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It was milan...galliani I believe made that prediction. No one from inters board ever really speals up. Galliani is usually the most vocal but I believe it was him that said that.

I don't think rossi would compete with Gio, that can play together just like in azzurrini.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It was milan...galliani I believe made that prediction. No one from inters board ever really speals up. Galliani is usually the most vocal but I believe it was him that said that.

I don't think rossi would compete with Gio, that can play together just like in azzurrini.
Yeah but diego wasn't playing with them in the azzurrini. Rossi coming here means one thing: gio is out of the club...

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What he meant was that if we don't buy Rossi, Giovinco will be a direct replacement for both Diego and Del Piero, so that way he'll get more chances to play when Ferrara will rotate or when one of Diego/Del Piero will be injured/suspended.

But if we buy Rossi then Giovinco will become nothing more but a replacement of Diego, and only Diego, and unless Diego's injured, Seba will get playing time only on those matches when Ferrara will rest Diego.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I'm amazed.. after wasting several minutes of my life reading that stars-and-stripes-honour stuff, about how Rossi kicked an american ball on american grass as a kid, making him a traitor now. How he took a spot in a development team, so all those hugely talented players didn't have a chance, it's a small country that usually produces the best players in the world after all. Guess it was quite a funny read actually :D.

Anyway, glad we're back on-topic. I wouldn't mind this Trez-Rossi deal, obviously depending on the $. Wouldn't want to let go of our RB/LB-targets just so we can make a swap on a position that doesn't necessarily need fixing in the first place. I'd like to add a young, hugely talented striker to our squad though.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
What he meant was that if we don't buy Rossi, Giovinco will be a direct replacement for both Diego and Del Piero, so that way he'll get more chances to play when Ferrara will rotate or when one of Diego/Del Piero will be injured/suspended.

But if we buy Rossi then Giovinco will become nothing more but a replacement of Diego, and only Diego, and unless Diego's injured, Seba will get playing time only on those matches when Ferrara will rest Diego.

But there will be plenty of opportunities for that as well, with the Coppa Italia and CL matches taht will litter the schedule, as always.

And then of course you have the injury/suspension factor coming into play.

There will be a lot of opportunities for Giovinco

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Anyway, it will be sad to see Seba stuck as Diego's sub and nothing else, but this will be a hell of an attack and a hell of a sub-attack.

Del Piero-Amauri
Diego

Rossi- Iaquinta
Giovinco​

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Thing is.. since we still have Trez, that's the exact situation Gio is in now isn't it? Rossi would 'replace' Trez and probably be the first to step in if DP couldn't play for whatever reason. So we either keep Trez, or sell him and buy a replacement. I don't see us selling Trez without gettin a reinforcement there. Rossi certainly suits the bill there..

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Anyway, it will be sad to see Seba stuck as Diego's sub and nothing else, but this will be a hell of an attack and a hell of a sub-attack.

Del Piero-Amauri
Diego

Rossi- Iaquinta
Giovinco​

If this were to come to pass,and I only hope it does, there are so many options that would be available to Ferrara, in case of injuries or fatigue or suspensions.

You wouldn't be limited to simply playing a Trident attack.

There would be flexibility to change formations on the fly if the need arises

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
We have great forwards.. even if Rossi weren't to join us, we've got 2 excellent players for each of those positions. That looks damn sexy though.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We have great forwards.. even if Rossi weren't to join us, we've got 2 excellent players for each of those positions. That looks damn sexy though.
We have excellent ball winners too, excellent goalkeeper, and very good Chiellini (hopefully very good Cannavaro) in CD.
One playmaker next to the ball winners and two powerful full backs will make this team really strong.

As JCK said, the 5 years plan (creating a strong team, adding good depth, building a stadium etc) is slowly but surely being fulfilled. Buying a good playmaker, maybe Rossi for Trez, and AT LEAST one great fullback this year will put us in great position to create a great starting XI next summer when all we'll need will be another full back and finally a world class CB in Canna's place.

I don't wanna jinx anything, but i like it how things are shaping up.

* Waiting for Cronios to tell me that i'm wrong.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We have excellent ball winners too, excellent goalkeeper, and very good Chiellini (hopefully very good Cannavaro) in CD.
One playmaker next to the ball winners and two powerful full backs will make this team really strong.

As JCK said, the 5 years plan (creating a strong team, adding good depth, building a stadium etc) is slowly but surely being fulfilled. Buying a good playmaker, maybe Rossi for Trez, and AT LEAST one great fullback this year will put us in great position to create a great starting XI next summer when all we'll need will be another full back and finally a world class CB in Canna's place.

I don't wanna jinx anything, but i like it how things are shaping up.

* Waiting for Cronios to tell me that i'm wrong.
I'll do the Cronios bit (and in fewer words :p): We won't sign any good defenders ever, because we will always just buy strikers and defensive midfielders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 38)