Nationality debate (19 Viewers)

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
I can't believe this is a Giuseppe Rossi thread and I barely see mention of his goal. We must buy this kid.

To add to the conversation though, I am born and live in Australia, though my parents were born in Italy.

The way I have been raised is far different to how many "Australians" have been. Obviously the cultural differences - from the food I eat to how I spend my Sunday afternoons - are evident, but also key morals and values are vastly different to others in the country. Even the football teams I follow emphasise the differences.

To say I am Australian is hard to swallow. Although, I know I'm not one hundred percent Italian either. I am labelled an Italian (by others) when it's appropriate for them and Australian at other times.

Personally, I think it's more a mix of your background and the the way you have been brought up, rather than purely where you live.

QFT. I'm considered Italian to everyone in Australia, but whenever I go back to Italy, I'm Australian or "Americano" oddly enough.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/jun16f.html

Juve plan Rossi swap
Tuesday 16 June, 2009
Antonio Caliendo, the agent of Juventus striker David Trezeguet, believes his client would be open to a move to Villarreal in exchange for Giuseppe Rossi.

Trezeguet is rumoured to be up for sale despite statements made to the contrary by Juventus director of sport Alessio Secco.

The prospect of using Trezeguet as bait to lure Rossi, who scored twice for Italy last night, could change his mind, though.

According to reports in the Italian Press, Villarreal have already been in contact with Trezeguet.

The club's President, Fernando Roig, is said to have offered the Frenchman a three-year contract worth £2.5m a season.

“It's a possibility to keep in consideration, we can work on this kind of operation,” Caliendo said.

With Trezeguet inserted into the transfer Tuttosport believe Rossi would cost Juventus £15m.

Rossi fits the kind of player Juventus are trying to attract. He is young and Italian.

The 22-year-old has now scored three goals for Italy in under 10 days.

He has been excellent for Villarreal since joining them from Manchester United in 2007.

Rossi has scored 23 goals in 57 appearances in La Liga.

May 4, 2004
It's not a decision you make. You don't decide to have blue eyes or black skin. Your parents do, thus your parents are who decide where you are from. If I went and lived in Beijing for 40 years, guess what, I still wouldn't be chinese.
:tup:

Is it because of patriotism that this nationality thing is so important to some of you?
Well some of it I guess .

Juve_kosova for one, everyone else pretty much just disagreed with me. Rather than try and explain their opinions everyone jumps the gun. Read a few pages back right before the italy game today. Frustrating trying to explain your thoughts and opinions when honestly some here really don't give a shit what you think because they think differently. I'm tired of the anti-american bullshit as well, I disagree then suddenly I'm turned into a dumb American....
Hustini, wtf ? when did i call you a stupid amarican?? lol i dident even know you where amarican?.. you where saying i was making a fool out of myself with some of my post's. now you start crying and telling other member that i'v said something bad to you?!.. lol if u think im to harsh on you then tell me, ill stop replaying your post.. dont run to andy with it!!!!

Well, of course, because that's all they can say really. It's funny, because the US probably has the most number of good posters on this forum from any particular country. Aaron, Burke, you, Sergio, Pado, Greg, Tahir and others.

Juve_Kosova should be happy we illegally stole his country from Serbia for his family to have a better life, but he's too busy trying to spell his own name.
Ohh yeah andy, you are so smart.. you know how to spell right.. you should be the president of the usa.. thats all you need, knowing how to spell!..
btw english is my 3'rd languege after Albanian and Danish. im doing fine with it, even if i cant spell as good as you mr. president!

Lum Albin kurti per ty :D
qyqy a shqiptar je a?.. :)

In these parts nationalities are mixed up probably more than anywhere in the world. We decide these things pretty easily; you're from where your father is born. You may be born in USA but if your father is 100% pure bread Italian, so are you. People emigrate all the time. 15-20 years spent in another country merely because of economical reasons doesn't negate centuries of heritage flowing through the blood. Though Rossi and his parents should be appreciative of what USA gave them, it's what you carry inside that defines you.

Silly discussion, really.
Very silly indeed... Nice post btw..

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Andy's post about the US having the most number of good posters cracked me up. It's a matter of opinion, and a matter of ratios Andy. If there are 100 Americans on the forum, and 8 are good posters, that makes it 8%, doesn't it? There may be 5 Vietnamese posters only, of which 2 are good, which equates to 40%. Who is better then? All a matter or perception really ;)

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
If Rossi is going to Juve than this board can stay a couple of years!:p:p I like the new attitude. Young Italian players, finally! Not a team like Inter, because that's a shame for Italian football.

Rossi was on my watch list since he made an impact in Villareal, but since he has joined the Azzurri he became a hype. I hope we can still get them though. He is the perfect follow up for Del Piero. And he can also fit in the systems we're going to use.

One thing that makes me think is the money we've got. We already bought Diego, Canna (free, but I expect a huge salary) and (almost) D'Ago. That's about 30 mil. Then, we definitely need (a) back(s). And we've got Rossi who's valued around the 15 mil. I hope we can finance this with the transfer of Trez (only if Rossi is coming), Tiago, Poulsen and Zebina.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
Dp/Rossi______Amauri//IQ
_____Diego/Gio_________

2 men for every position - striker, forward, amc - that'll be good.
Much better, that have 3 strikers (Amauri, IQ, Trez) and 3 FC/AMC....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)