Nationality debate (29 Viewers)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
OH FFS already, like Rossi is the only player that chose to play for a country other than the one he was born and raised in. Croatia and Serbia stole half our best players and we dont bitch about it all day long. get over it, shit happens.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
OH FFS already, like Rossi is the only player that chose to play for a country other than the one he was born and raised in. Croatia and Serbia stole half our best players and we dont bitch about it all day long. get over it, shit happens.
2 hours too late man. The discussion has graduated to name calling and Scotland hating.:D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Rangers are Pretestant and Celtic are Catholic.

Religion is still a significant issue in the central belt of Scotland.

Oh thanks for that but how does involving religion benefit their teams? Does it increase their fan base or what?

rangers-orange scum

celtic-bunch of tattie munching pope lovers
I prefer your explanation.

No i meant sheep shaggin Andrew but i can see why you would think i meant yours.:D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Oh thanks for that but how does involving religion benefit their teams? Does it increase their fan base or what?
The clubs distance themselves from the religions these days, but it has certainly massively contributed to their fan-bases.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
The clubs distance themselves from the religions these days, but it has certainly massively contributed to their fan-bases.
The best thing is that each of the teams has had Catholics (Rangers) or Protestants(Celtic) play for them.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
So you're saying that Rossi didn't learn anything in the U.S.?

That's absurdity. He wouldn't have been discovered if it wasn't for the system here.

But without a doubt the level of tactical awareness is far greater in Europe, thus producing better teams.

You only showed me that European teams are better, as well as making ridiculous suggestions about our professionalism here.

And I've also experienced the system first hand.
The problem is that football is so much bigger in Europe. If everyone plays football, the best athletes play football. In America the best athletes play something else.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
:lol: 16 pages later and the debates still rages on. Perhaps we should relocate this thread to the appropriate forum, since it's not about football or Rossi's rumored transfer to us anymore.

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
Subotic is the biggest example. The guy came up through our USA developmental program which is headquarterd in Bradenton, Florida. Then he went to play at U of South Florida and then Dortmund signed him. The NT coaches didn't like his move and didn't give him a cap. If he had gone to the MLS he would have been capped years ago. Instead, he starts for Serbia.

And it all LANDYCAKES' FAULT!:D
I really undertand you guys, but as you said it's fault of the coach and USA FA. I can name you atleast dozen of players, bosnians, and all of them are playing for Croatia, Serbia or even some other NT, but hey it's mostly our fault because we are not organised, we are ignorant and don't care about any potential players. Not to mention that we aren't force in football and that we can't guarantee to any player that we are going to play at WC or EC, and most of them are wanting that. Plus when you have to compete with country like Italia, it's really hard to persuade him, it's hard and it hurts.

Also one thing is that parents are mostly the ones who are deciding where their kid will play, when I say deciding I mean they are advicing.

But then why can't I support the Azzurri? If Belgium plays Italy, I support Belgium. But if Belgium aren't even playing in the World Cup, I want Italy to win. Not because I feel Italian (thank God I'm not Italian by the way), but because I like them.
:agree:

Andries, I'm not sure you're getting this here.

Non-Italian fans of Italy are some of the most arrogant fans I've ever seen, and most of them don't show any respect for my nation's football, which is fine. They don't have to respect it. But they shouldn't think that I have to respect them (those fans) in return because they support a respectable nation.

Capice?

But it's foolish to say the U.S. doesn't have a competitive national team considering we drew Italy, the world champions, last time around.
I understand what are you trying to say, but still it's not right/fair to label everyone as a fanboy.

For the fans from EU soccer in America is still mystery and most are still thinking that America is all about Baseball, Hockey, Football. It will take a really long time when you won't hear "you're american, what do you know about football".

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
For the fans from EU soccer in America is still mystery and most are still thinking that America is all about Baseball, Hockey, Football. It will take a really long time when you won't hear "you're american, what do you know about football".

Bah. I could care less about that. I know what I know, and I don't profess to know any more or less than what I claim to have knowledge of. IF anyone thinks that they are better than me to pass judgment on my knowledge of the sport, then good for them.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
So you're saying that Rossi didn't learn anything in the U.S.?

That's absurdity. He wouldn't have been discovered if it wasn't for the system here.

But without a doubt the level of tactical awareness is far greater in Europe, thus producing better teams.

You only showed me that European teams are better, as well as making ridiculous suggestions about our professionalism here.

And I've also experienced the system first hand.
You claimed he learned how to play football in the U.S. The years before 13 are hardly that important. The vast majority of young kids who are stars at an early age end up being not that special.

Parma and Manchester Utd made Rossi, and therefore I dont see how he is betraying the U.S.

If another equally talented player as Rossi came to play for the U.S national team under the same circumstances which saw Rossi choose Italy, I doubt Americans would care. Plenty of the animosity towards Rossi is because they are missing out on a big player, not because his connections to Italy are bullshit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)