Nationality debate (27 Viewers)

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Rossi learned how to play football in the United States.
Having experienced their system 1st hand, I can safely say you're wrong. I attended many tournaments in the U.S against state champs from New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Maine, Vermont and few others at the U13 all the way up to the U18 level, not to mention all the tournaments in Ontario and Quebec which frequently had American teams participating. I also attended clinics every odd summer at American universities since their training facilities are state of the art. I have friends who won scholarships to play soccer in the U.S as well and I heard their experiences 1st hand.

When I was 16, I attended a tournament in Terracina, Italy. The only North American teams eligible were those who were the best in their region (in my case Ontario) and who could raise enough money for the trip. A few American teams were there as well. In short, we got our asses handed to us by the Europeans. The American teams didn't make it out of the groups either. These weren't tight games either, but 3-0 schooling's from teams whose players were 3 years younger in some instances.

No way is their system capable of churning out a player like Rossi. North American coaches are arm chair tacticians. Half of them started out as soccer dads (literally). They put to much emphasis on physcial training, and tactically they treat the game play by play, as if it's football or basketball.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Baseball and Cricket are rip offs of good sports.

:D
Fuck you,the english brought it to your shores & you bunch corupted it with new rules & ridiculous apparel.:D

I played cricket twice in my life and had a blast even though I had no idea what was happening.:D
Its really fun bro.I loved playing cricket with my mates in cape town when i still had my place there.The best part was that the sun would only go down around 10:30pm.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Having experienced their system 1st hand, I can safely say you're wrong. I attended many tournaments in the U.S against state champs from New York, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Maine, Vermont and few others at the U13 all the way up to the U18 level, not to mention all the tournaments in Ontario and Quebec which frequently had American teams participating. I also attended clinics every odd summer at American universities since their training facilities are state of the art. I have friends who won scholarships to play soccer in the U.S as well and I heard their experiences 1st hand.

When I was 16, I attended a tournament in Terracina, Italy. The only North American teams eligible were those who were the best in their region (in my case Ontario) and who could raise enough money for the trip. A few American teams were there as well. In short, we got our asses handed to us by the Europeans. The American teams didn't make it out of the groups either. These weren't tight games either, but 3-0 schooling's from teams whose players were 3 years younger in some instances.

No way is their system capable of churning out a player like Rossi. North American coaches are arm chair tacticians. Half of them started out as soccer dads (literally). They put to much emphasis on physcial training, and tactically they treat the game play by play, as if it's football or basketball.
So you're saying that Rossi didn't learn anything in the U.S.?

That's absurdity. He wouldn't have been discovered if it wasn't for the system here.

But without a doubt the level of tactical awareness is far greater in Europe, thus producing better teams.

You only showed me that European teams are better, as well as making ridiculous suggestions about our professionalism here.

And I've also experienced the system first hand.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Andrew whats up with the new sig is that some kinda piss without your hands movement or something?
Aberdeen song:

Stand free,
Wherever you may be,
'Cos we are the famous Aberdeen,
We don't give a fuck,
Who you may be,
'Cos we are the famous Aberdeen.

Tends to be interpreted as being anti-bigotry, as Aberdeen, unlike many Scottish clubs, steer clear of religion.

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
A Lebanese dunce in Canada who likes the Azzurri said:
wow..good comeback...

im guessing u have no friends,no life,ur just one sadistic piece of shit thinking cuz hes an american god will come to his doorstep and give him anything he wishes for

ffs man get a life

its a shame someone as imbecile as you is a juventus fan a club full of pride and honour..things you apparently know nothing about

if anything i hope rossi scores 2m and rapes ur face and then maybe goes back to the usa to score your moma

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
ahem.........WEST of scotand
It is certainly worse there.

Edinburgh ain't too bad, but I still believe that the problem extends at least as far as Stirling.

I certainly notice it, but probably because religion just isn't a factor up here

Juve Libnan

Jun 20, 2007
So you're saying that Rossi didn't learn anything in the U.S.?

That's absurdity. He wouldn't have been discovered if it wasn't for the system here.

But without a doubt the level of tactical awareness is far greater in Europe, thus producing better teams.

You only showed me that European teams are better, as well as making ridiculous suggestions about our professionalism here.

And I've also experienced the system first hand.
my ass..im pretty sure u broke ur leg the first time u tried to kick a ball

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
It is certainly worse there.

Edinburgh ain't too bad, but I still believe that the problem extends at least as far as Stirling.

I certainly notice it, but probably because religion just isn't a factor up here
:lol: trust me mate i have lots of relatives up there and most are celtic/rangers fans and they is a shed load of bigotry up there too.

unfortunately the mass braindead masses of old-firm fans cannot seperate religion and football

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
wow..good comeback...

im guessing u have no friends,no life,ur just one sadistic piece of shit thinking cuz hes an american god will come to his doorstep and give him anything he wishes for

ffs man get a life

its a shame someone as imbecile as you is a juventus fan a club full of pride and honour..things you apparently know nothing about

if anything i hope rossi scores 2m and rapes ur face and then maybe goes back to the usa to score your moma
Go away.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
:lol: trust me mate i have lots of relatives up there and most are celtic/rangers fans and they is a shed load of bigotry up there too.

unfortunately the mass braindead masses of old-firm fans cannot seperate religion and football
Well, I don't notice it as being anything like as prevailent as I do when I venture south.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)