Nationality debate (64 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A great player who needs to learn when to shut up.
I loved Lalas as a player, especially when he came to Italy to play. That was sweet.

But he's one of the most brainwashed, arrogant and flat out stupid commentators of U.S. football, which is a shame.

Can't we get someone on there who tells the truth?

Same goes for Harkes, whom I loved, but performs fellatio on the bad players like Ching way too much.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
No, that's not what I mean. Perhaps you don't like the atmosphere or you don't like what Juventus represent in Italy. It's a very different feeling. Italians can be borderline racist if they notice you're a straniero and they can sort of reject you. I can imagine that some people would ask themselves whether they want to be part of a club that doesn't want them.
Oh okay,well in all honesty then that type person is pathetic.We all have our reasons for supporting a particular team & what it means & represents for us.If your prepared to give up like that your a fucking pussy,simply put.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
I loved Lalas as a player, especially when he came to Italy to play. That was sweet.

But he's one of the most brainwashed, arrogant and flat out stupid commentators of U.S. football, which is a shame.

Same goes for Harkes, whom I loved, but performs fellatio on the bad players like Ching way too much.
:lol:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
As far as I'm concerned you need a damn good reason not to support your local team and the country of you nationality over all other clubs and countries.

The teams being rubbish is not a good reason.
Well for me and Andy, we like DC United in our domestic league, but we also like teams outside the league too (Juve for Andy, Pool for me). Kind of like you with Aberdeen.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I support the MLS by watching games on TV and attending matches. Shame I haven't been to one this season yet.

Hopefully I get a job near DC and can buy season tickets one day.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

They stopped letting Balboa do game commentary for that very reason. I remember Marcello laughing at a Colorado defender (during a broadcast:D) after Freddy abused him one match.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well for me and Andy, we like DC United in our domestic league, but we also like teams outside the league too (Juve for Andy, Pool for me). Kind of like you with Aberdeen.
If DC Utd played Liverpool, who would you want to win?

Juve are a minor sideshow to me. How much I are about Aberdeen and Juve is totally incomparable.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
They stopped letting Balboa do game commentary for that very reason. I remember Marcello laughing at a Colorado defender (during a broadcast:D) after Freddy abused him one match.
Man, Balboa was God-awful too. What is it with these guys?

Only good piece of commentary from Harkes was during the last World Cup when he repeatedly called Gianluca... Zambrotto. :D

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
So what happened in 99 ? did you tell them you were really a Juve fan ? How were you able to convince them ?
I went with my ex,her brothers & friends to watch Milan vs Juve & they were kinda pissed off that i was with this italian girl.Basically whenever i travel abroad,i either get confused for a brazilian,israeli,leb or italian.Trust me its a bitch with customs at most airports for me.It was merely a case of sour grapes,they knew i was a Juve supporter because i had a friggin DP 10 jersey on.I had to let it bounce.Im pretty sure those turds were BD ultra connections.:D

For some odd reason I like the Lakers :D
Because Ale likes them?:D

No way. Say it ain't so B. You're not a... mock-fan.:shocked::D
I couldnt be bothered with american sports tbh Eazy,american football is a rip off of rugby & baseball is a rip off of cricket.:D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
then why are you spending so much time here red? :D
Because it in a good place to discuss football generally and other stuff.

I have two other Aberdeen season ticket holders in my household and heaps in among my friends and extended family, so there is no shortage of Aberdeen related chat for me without the internet.

Stephan

Nov 9, 2005
Because it in a good place to discuss football generally and other stuff.

I have two other Aberdeen season ticket holders in my household and heaps in among my friends and extended family, so there is no shortage of Aberdeen related chat for me without the internet.
disappointed me with the answer. :D

(i thought) god is just everywhere would have been a better line :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)