Nationality debate (19 Viewers)

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
DP is not better it`s your love for DP talking
and yes when on form DP is better than Rossi but how many times did you see DP on form?
one game against Madrid is not enough
anyway Rossi is surely the future
but the dream remains Aguero

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
You are ridiculously wrong if you are stating that Rossi is better and can bring more to the team than Del Piero, Orgut.

Jan 7, 2007
I was undecided as to whether you were a Man whose emotions had got the better of him, or a kid painfully needy of attention. You have proved now that the latter is true.

Your 'arguments' lack any sense of objectivity.

And as for my drug habits...I do indeed like the odd joint, but haven't had a toke for many moons at this point in time. As for coke...I can't for the life of me understand how you could mix the two up. It is this which makes me sure you are a spotty teenager lacking attention in the flesh, so, you turn to the virtual arena, to an area where you can demand to be heard, and incite fire against you, with great ease.

Its true that the Yankees haven't ever produced a decent national football team. Alexi Lalas had a cool beard and was a fun chap to see at a world cup...Freddy Adu had a decent name, and skills for a kid, but since then, his progress has been stagnant, and he is more name, than talent...In fact the only game I can remember the US doing well was when the azzurri self destructed and let their emotions take over from the minds and hearts...De Rossi's headbutt remains, and will forever remain to me, and many others, one of the greatest moments of world cup history. It was made all the more special by his reaction to the Red Card...McBride, blood pouring from his nose, and Daniele looking so surprised that he was been sent off...Thats the italian way!

I was referring to your point of the popularity of the sport in the US. It is not anywhere near as popular as other kinds of football and car racing. Perhaps at youth level, yes...lots of schools play, but the adults, clearly they do not play or watch, anywhere near as extensively across the country as they do with other sports.

If you had what you call Soccer, as your number one sport, you would have a better national team. You would also have more players exported to decent teams in Europe...but this isnt the case is it??

The lure of MLS is for $$$$$$ only, not glory.
:tup:

Excellent post.

Jan 7, 2007
Just as is your nonsense about Billys.

Soccer is the most played youth sport in the United States. Answer me that, assclown.
Yea, until the age of 13 right? Sorry, soccer isn't CLOSE to being number 1 in the USA. For the kiddies, maybe. But when they hit high school, the put on football pads. It's the truth.

You label some of us Azzurri fanboys? What the hell do you think you are? A Yankee fanboy. Stop being such a damn hypocrite.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
ok, g.rossi is a great player but he is not del piero when on form. you saw what del piero on form did to real.
I did but how many games he does it
also he gets too much time to shoot a ball lots of times
Rossi is a faster player also is a great dribbler and probably a better finisher altough DP scored more every season but then again Rossi is with Villareal while DP is with us

I don`t know how much DP has in his tank and I rather have Rossi now
maybe we let DP play first and let Rossi be his backup for the first part of the season but afterwards its more Rossi to me

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If we were going to sell Trezeguet, which at the moment doesn't seem like it, then I will be in favor of this transfer. But since Trezeguet 99% is going to remain with us next season I am against this transfer for now.

Next season or the season after, this will be a different case tough.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I was undecided as to whether you were a Man whose emotions had got the better of him, or a kid painfully needy of attention. You have proved now that the latter is true.

Your 'arguments' lack any sense of objectivity.

And as for my drug habits...I do indeed like the odd joint, but haven't had a toke for many moons at this point in time. As for coke...I can't for the life of me understand how you could mix the two up. It is this which makes me sure you are a spotty teenager lacking attention in the flesh, so, you turn to the virtual arena, to an area where you can demand to be heard, and incite fire against you, with great ease.

Its true that the Yankees haven't ever produced a decent national football team. Alexi Lalas had a cool beard and was a fun chap to see at a world cup...Freddy Adu had a decent name, and skills for a kid, but since then, his progress has been stagnant, and he is more name, than talent...In fact the only game I can remember the US doing well was when the azzurri self destructed and let their emotions take over from the minds and hearts...De Rossi's headbutt remains, and will forever remain to me, and many others, one of the greatest moments of world cup history. It was made all the more special by his reaction to the Red Card...McBride, blood pouring from his nose, and Daniele looking so surprised that he was been sent off...Thats the italian way!

I was referring to your point of the popularity of the sport in the US. It is not anywhere near as popular as other kinds of football and car racing. Perhaps at youth level, yes...lots of schools play, but the adults, clearly they do not play or watch, anywhere near as extensively across the country as they do with other sports.

If you had what you call Soccer, as your number one sport, you would have a better national team. You would also have more players exported to decent teams in Europe...but this isnt the case is it??

The lure of MLS is for $$$$$$ only, not glory.
I don't care about attention. All I care about is my own country's national team, something lots of people here don't understand considering all they do is gloryhunt for the Azzurri. Sorry people.

Don't bring the MLS into this. The league is growing and becoming better with every season, plus there are far more hardcore supporters of the U.S. NT than there are MLS fans.

The only reason Italy is very popular is because they're successful and have a lot of gloryhunters sucking their dongs all day long. If people had honor and respect for their countries, they'd only support them, but of course that's impossible.

Rossi took the chance of becoming more popular through the propagation of the Azzurri, not on his own. Trust me, he would be extremely popular if he chose the U.S. and he could have been someone like a Sidney Crosby drawing even more fans to the sport, increasing popularity through the NBA marketing technique.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)