Nationality debate (15 Viewers)

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I stopped reading right here.

No sir, I will not waste my time writing a response to someone who thinks the United States can't produce a "decent" national team.

Keep coking up, it's great for you.
I was undecided as to whether you were a Man whose emotions had got the better of him, or a kid painfully needy of attention. You have proved now that the latter is true.

Your 'arguments' lack any sense of objectivity.

And as for my drug habits...I do indeed like the odd joint, but haven't had a toke for many moons at this point in time. As for coke...I can't for the life of me understand how you could mix the two up. It is this which makes me sure you are a spotty teenager lacking attention in the flesh, so, you turn to the virtual arena, to an area where you can demand to be heard, and incite fire against you, with great ease.

Its true that the Yankees haven't ever produced a decent national football team. Alexi Lalas had a cool beard and was a fun chap to see at a world cup...Freddy Adu had a decent name, and skills for a kid, but since then, his progress has been stagnant, and he is more name, than talent...In fact the only game I can remember the US doing well was when the azzurri self destructed and let their emotions take over from the minds and hearts...De Rossi's headbutt remains, and will forever remain to me, and many others, one of the greatest moments of world cup history. It was made all the more special by his reaction to the Red Card...McBride, blood pouring from his nose, and Daniele looking so surprised that he was been sent off...Thats the italian way!

I was referring to your point of the popularity of the sport in the US. It is not anywhere near as popular as other kinds of football and car racing. Perhaps at youth level, yes...lots of schools play, but the adults, clearly they do not play or watch, anywhere near as extensively across the country as they do with other sports.

If you had what you call Soccer, as your number one sport, you would have a better national team. You would also have more players exported to decent teams in Europe...but this isnt the case is it??

The lure of MLS is for $$$$$$ only, not glory.

Sep 1, 2002
I was undecided as to whether you were a Man whose emotions had got the better of him, or a kid painfully needy of attention. You have proved now that the latter is true.

Your 'arguments' lack any sense of objectivity.

And as for my drug habits...I do indeed like the odd joint, but haven't had a toke for many moons at this point in time. As for coke...I can't for the life of me understand how you could mix the two up. It is this which makes me sure you are a spotty teenager lacking attention in the flesh, so, you turn to the virtual arena, to an area where you can demand to be heard, and incite fire against you, with great ease.

Its true that the Yankees haven't ever produced a decent national football team. Alexi Lalas had a cool beard and was a fun chap to see at a world cup...Freddy Adu had a decent name, and skills for a kid, but since then, his progress has been stagnant, and he is more name, than talent...In fact the only game I can remember the US doing well was when the azzurri self destructed and let their emotions take over from the minds and hearts...De Rossi's headbutt remains, and will forever remain to me, and many others, one of the greatest moments of world cup history. It was made all the more special by his reaction to the Red Card...McBride, blood pouring from his nose, and Daniele looking so surprised that he was been sent off...Thats the italian way!

I was referring to your point of the popularity of the sport in the US. It is not anywhere near as popular as other kinds of football and car racing. Perhaps at youth level, yes...lots of schools play, but the adults, clearly they do not play or watch, anywhere near as extensively across the country as they do with other sports.

If you had what you call Soccer, as your number one sport, you would have a better national team. You would also have more players exported to decent teams in Europe...but this isnt the case is it??

The lure of MLS is for $$$$$$ only, not glory.
Exclellent points.

May 4, 2004
Let him go :D we produce players we don't buy :D
I bet he is not better than Paladino, when is plays at a big club like Juve, he will probably be a flop. let's not overrate him (neither underratet him like I just did :D)
Lol Palladino is a Serie C2 player compered to Rossi !

I just don't understand your reasoning?

Why are you a Juventus fan?

Doesn't that break an Honour code?

Are American teams not good enough for you
?
Spot on !!!

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
I really don't get your points, Americans. Rossi is Italian and probably barely remembers 10 out of his 13 years in USA. Would it really be an honour to f*ck your fatherland just because you can be a star player for some exotic national team, generally speaking? And I know what you can feel, because we've had our own cases of Klose and Podolski. They both spent their childhood in Poland, but then moved and grew in Germany. Do you think anyone here would like them to play for our team? Not! They probably feel Germans, and they are Germans for everyone here in Poland. And their parents come from Poland, Rossi's not even Americans. Giuseppe playing for USA would be more like Olisadebe or Roger playing for our team, just because they had lesser chances for Nigeria or Brasil.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
This thread lost its purpose
G.Rossi is a great player and beside 1 person here who feel he "betrayed the USA" I guess everyone here agree and want him to join us so lets get focus on its purpose G.Rossi is a great player but we are not seriously linked with him anyway and probably not going to sign him at least this summer

neurosis21

Jun 22, 2004
G.Rossi is a great player and beside 1 person here who feel he "betrayed the USA" I guess everyone here agree and want him to join us so lets get focus on its purpose G.Rossi is a great player but we are not seriously linked with him anyway and probably not going to sign him at least this summer
very true
and anyway we are juventus not italian national team. its good to have italian players, but the argument of rossi's citizenship is not a key aspect for juventus

Sep 1, 2002
I would like to see him come to Juve, he would add greatly to the imagination and flow of the team.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
Corriere Dello Sport link us to 3 strikers,one if witch will replace Trez.
Hunter.
Rossi.
Pandev.

Can't see Hunter leaving Madrid now for us,plus probably will be expensive.
Lotitto also will ask for at least 20m for Pandev,wich i like but...IMO

Rossi is the better guy from the list,young and very talented,plus he would LOVE to join us.

Rossi got my vote.

And i'm not getting in the previous argument about his loyalty to USA,i care of Juve and football only.

Forza Juve,make the best decisions to make us stronger.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Right.. So I thought to myself: I'll read this thread to see what's new on G. Rossi. Instead all I've learned is how the American gets so many posts. Guess that's one mystery resolved.

So.. is there actually any news regarding Rossi? All I've read are Tuttosport-rumours so far. I'd love to have him, but only if Trez were to leave obviously.

Byrone

Peen Meister
Dec 19, 2005
Seriously guys enough of this crap with Andy,sure he's out of line hoping Rossi dies but he does have valid points about displacing another player that could have developed & featured for the US.

Anyway he has more passion for Juventus than some members i know.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
ok i have not read through all of this but can anyone point me to the inevitable point where Andy came in and went bezerk that this "footballing terrorist/turncoat" was linked with us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)