Nationality debate (80 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I am. As I said, let him play for the Azzurri if he wants to.

But don't be pissed if I say fuck him and his family, hope he receives a career-ending injury, and hope he never comes to Juventus. I'll stand strong on this no matter what, even if he does come to Juventus.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Instead of putting innocent Arabic families in Gitmo, what we should do is put the Rossi family in there instead. They're more of a threat to our national interest than any single Arab.

Sep 1, 2002
But you said massive, not success. Choose your words more carefully.

Of course Italy has the potential of more success, but that's not everything in the world's game. There used to be something called honor and dignity, choosing honor over success in the football world. Players like Nedved did that. Players like Thuram didn't. I respect those who do honor what clubs and countries give them, not the other way around. That is my opinion. And my country gave the Rossi family quite the home, but they repay us by making him play for Italy, even when his mom and dad are teachers in New Jersey.

OK, it was your right to do so. :tup: Just don't expect me to give you any favors in the future.
I choose my words carefully, have you?

Massive? Lets be honest here, soccer is a minority sport in America, which hardly stirs the blood.

In Italy it pumps the blood.

Playing in the major championships, with a chance of winning, with the Italian nation shouting out your name, behind you, pushing you, is massive. If you don't think so, then that is because you have never truely expirienced what it is like tobe in a land where football is not just copy, tomorrows headlines, but the reason to get up in the morning.

And as teachers, he's parents were not taking from the good ol' USA, but giving, contributing. The fact they feel themselves to be Italian is because they are Italian.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Osman didn't come back with a reasonable argument as to why I should like the player, wish him well, or wish he'd come to Juventus. All he did was provide me with an insult in Swedish and alluded to my supposed mental retardation. Jeez, how original.

But people like Osman are fanboys and only really care about important facets of football when their line of thinking is under the gun.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I am. As I said, let him play for the Azzurri if he wants to.

But don't be pissed if I say fuck him and his family, hope he receives a career-ending injury, and hope he never comes to Juventus. I'll stand strong on this no matter what, even if he does come to Juventus.
Instead of putting innocent Arabic families in Gitmo, what we should do is put the Rossi family in there instead. They're more of a threat to our national interest than any single Arab.
a bit much dont you think? this is a stupid grudge andy, he is just as much italian as he is american.

to wish a career ending injury is too much my man, so is the comment on his family. whether it was a joke or not its a stupid, stupid thing to say.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I choose my words carefully, have you?

Massive? Lets be honest here, soccer is a minority sport in America, which hardly stirs the blood.
Stop right there.

Soccer is by far the most played sport in the United States. Didn't know that, did ya? Well I hope you read that sentence again, and again, and again, so that you learn something.

In Italy it pumps the blood.

Playing in the major championships, with a chance of winning, with the Italian nation shouting out your name, behind you, pushing you, is massive. If you don't think so, then that is because you have never truely expirienced what it is like tobe in a land where football is not just copy, tomorrows headlines, but the reason to get up in the morning.
Ahh, so that's basically an insult against me being a fan in a country that doesn't have a fantastic world record in the sport. Meh, mediocre wordsmiths would try to sneak that argument in there, but you fail miserably.

Listen, I know what it's like to live and breathe the game. I know what it's like to be in some regular pub with all USA fans watching us play in the World Cup at 9:30am. Trust me, there are quite a lot of soccer fans in the USA, and he would be huge here if he chose us. He'd be akin to Sidney Crosby in some respects. But most important of all, he'd have a greater chance of being the best player for his country, which doesn't seem likely with the Azzurri. It goes two ways, chief.

And as teachers, he's parents were not taking from the good ol' USA, but giving, contributing. The fact they feel themselves to be Italian is because they are Italian.
Then they can go back there once and for all. We will not miss them, that's for sure.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
a bit much dont you think? this is a stupid grudge andy, he is just as much italian as he is american.

to wish a career ending injury is too much my man, so is the comment on his family. whether it was a joke or not its a stupid, stupid thing to say.
You wouldn't say that if I was talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

But of course, since you're an Azzurri fan, you see things two ways.

Why, by teaching Americans to kick a round ball instead of an oval one?

You are just being a Sillly Billym
He didn't teach us anything. We taught him. He was playing here from his birth until 13.

And as such, as you call me that Silly Billym, I can call you someone who's a fucking moron. So get over yourself.

Sep 1, 2002
You wouldn't say that if I was talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

But of course, since you're an Azzurri fan, you see things two ways.

He didn't teach us anything. We taught him. He was playing here from his birth until 13.

And as such, as you call me that Silly Billym, I can call you someone who's a fucking moron. So get over yourself.
His father.

Come on, your swearing is infantile, your abuse purile, your thinking weak.

Most played, yes: most important, no.

Second most important, no.

Where would it be on the list of sports?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
His father.

Come on, your swearing is infantile, your abuse purile, your thinking weak.

Most played, yes: most important, no.

Second most important, no.

Where would it be on the list of sports?
Just as is your nonsense about Billys.

Soccer is the most played youth sport in the United States. Answer me that, assclown.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
andy, i honestly dont wish a career ending injury on any player.

is your hate towards him not just based on the fact you are a U.S.A fan?

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
Stop right there.

Soccer is by far the most played sport in the United States. Didn't know that, did ya? Well I hope you read that sentence again, and again, and again, so that you learn something.

Ahh, so that's basically an insult against me being a fan in a country that doesn't have a fantastic world record in the sport. Meh, mediocre wordsmiths would try to sneak that argument in there, but you fail miserably.

Listen, I know what it's like to live and breathe the game. I know what it's like to be in some regular pub with all USA fans watching us play in the World Cup at 9:30am. Trust me, there are quite a lot of soccer fans in the USA, and he would be huge here if he chose us. He'd be akin to Sidney Crosby in some respects. But most important of all, he'd have a greater chance of being the best player for his country, which doesn't seem likely with the Azzurri. It goes two ways, chief.

Then they can go back there once and for all. We will not miss them, that's for sure.
So much hot wind, teeth...and such preposterous animosity towards a player who wants to play for a national team where the selection process is far harder than in his homeland, the quality far higher, the fans more passionate. Sending him to Guantanamo...eh???

Just because he doesn't share your patriotism, does not make him a traitor, scum, worthy of such vile accusations.

Do you feel this way about Camo???? That he lacks honour by choosing Italy over Argentina??? for not singing the anthem before the final???? And what kind of reaction will Amauri elicit, if he ever gets to wear the azzurri jersey???

Football may be popular at youth level in the US, as you say, but its not the most popular spectator sport. Not by a mile...and despite the amount of kids playing, the country doesn't seem able to produce a decent national team, or even many decent players to export to other countries, or attract decent managers...What does this say to a player like Rossi???
'thats the place for me!!!!'
or
'no, i want to be in the top leagues, i want to prove myself against the best, not the best in the US...'
and for that, i praise the lad. it shows determination to succeed...

Really, I make a distinction between decent footballers and dickish footballers. Its what separates the ultra talented from the true greats often...such as Ronaldo...who talent is magnificent, but his character soiled, arrogant, petulant...so for me, and many others, he will never be considered amongst the same group of Greats that have been at United before him, such as Charlton, or Cantona...Cantona had a gallic temperament, but he had class.

The way a player conducts himself on and off the pitch matters to supporters. But I personally don't see Rossi as having done anything wrong...and your angst seems like puerile sour grapes.

hE has played for the Italy u16s, u17s, u18s, u21s....and the Senior side. As well as starting in Italy 9 years ago.

Good luck to him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Football may be popular at youth level in the US, as you say, but its not the most popular spectator sport. Not by a mile...and despite the amount of kids playing, the country doesn't seem able to produce a decent national team
I stopped reading right here.

No sir, I will not waste my time writing a response to someone who thinks the United States can't produce a "decent" national team.

Keep coking up, it's great for you.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I'll write this slowly and in large font for you.

His father taught football to Americans,

not the 13 year old boy!
He was the coach of some mediocre high school in New Jersey. Yes, that is true.

In reality, that should make him want his son to play for them, yet he sent him off to Italy.

It doesn't matter. His father didn't teach us anything we didn't already know. Find a better argument.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
andy, rossi clearly felt more italian than he did american. i can sympathise with him as i feel the same. i feel more italian than australian TBH. i grew up italian as he wouldve grown up italian as well.

Sep 1, 2002
He was the coach of some mediocre high school in New Jersey. Yes, that is true.

In reality, that should make him want his son to play for them, yet he sent him off to Italy.

It doesn't matter. His father didn't teach us anything we didn't already know. Find a better argument.
I would like to counter argue your points but you haven't any, only abuse. Your mindset seems to be agree with me or I'll kick the shit out of you: how liberal.
Are you a fair representation of the country you say I have no understanding of? Because you do seem to mirror the foreign policy your country has followed this last 60 years.

Sorry to say but you are a Mock-Fan.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I would like to counter argue your points but you haven't any, only abuse. Your mindset seems to be agree with me or I'll kick the shit out of you: how liberal.
Are you a fair representation of the country you say I have no understanding of? Because you do seem to mirror the foreign policy your country has followed this last 60 years.

Sorry to say but you are a Mock-Fan.
I only represent myself through what I say. But many agree with me when it comes to Rossi.

The problem with your posts are that you always claim others are insulting you, yet you use make-uped insults like "silly Billy". It's the same thing. You're just like me, albeit less blunt with the words used.

So what?

Rossi took chances away from real American players at the youth level and you can't criticize me for hating the player. Otherwise it just goes to show you're simply another Azzurri fan boy, which the world has enough of.

We get it, the Azzurri is amazing, bestest team ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 80)