Nationality debate (86 Viewers)

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
:lol: I dont play my harmonica much though.

I know what you mean though but it is not much different from having DP, Trez, IQ, Amauri, Nedved and Giovinco last season..

Just Diego for NEdved and Rossi for Trez.

Playing in the CL, Coppa Italia and Serie A gives us alot of games and if we get a big injury we will be introuble with less players. Like if DP gets injured ..
Why would delpiero get injured :p. if he gets then we could start Iaquinta amauri or IQ Trezeguet :D. BTW it was a blessing amauri got injured so Iaquinta prooved to be a lot better than him :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
@andy: sorry so delayed, I played center back for my whole life, even at ODP. I lost out to the regional team to a guy because he was a bit bigger than me weight wise.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That happens sometimes, brother. You were probably pretty sick.

I had to play sweeper my final year of high school where we were state champs, even though I was basically a natural playmaker all my life. It was a good move by my coach.

abejaa

Sep 25, 2006
im scared if we wait till next year he will be gone. i could see milan getting him TBH.
Let him go :D we produce players we don't buy :D
I bet he is not better than Paladino, when is plays at a big club like Juve, he will probably be a flop. let's not overrate him (neither underratet him like I just did :D)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
You don't have to understand his logic. He thinks Iaquinta is better than Amauri :shifty:

As for Rossi, he is a very good player. TBH, this whole Italian or American thing doesn't concern me, and I couldn't care less if he was from Swaziland and playing for Tonga. Will he add something to the team? Yes. Shoul we acquire him? Definitely.

Max

Jul 15, 2003
I want to see more of Giovinco before they splurge cash for a "Del Piero replacement", for the 632nd time.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Why raise the question when you are already aware of his response? If you are indeed the more mature individual, you will lay it to rest. No need to reignite his feelings as pertains to this matter.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
What does America have to offer a European based player, who wants to play at the very top of the game?

You can is course reply with one of your juvenile insults, which I'd what I expect.
I will reply by saying a player will have lots of honor and respect for playing for the U.S., and possibly more notoriety. Rossi may become great or he could languish under the Azzurri, while he could have become a massive star in one of the 50 stars of the red, white and blue with a 100% probability. He would have had a greater chance of being a major hit if he stuck with the USA, being the best player of this country, instead of being nowhere near the best player ever for Italy.

That's what he lost. And I'm glad he did lose it because families and people like his don't deserve any notoriety or help from the United States. I'm tired of people feeding off our system yet can't even give a little respect for it, even though I hate those who can't give proper respect to immigrants. Both aspects of this country are part of the problem. Perhaps if we were more tolerant and our right-winged idiots wouldn't be so quick to judge people, we'd have more players at our disposal. But life is life and I hate Rossi.

Sep 1, 2002
A massive star in American soccer is an oxymoron.

He has already achieved more, at this tender age, than if he had played for you.

His parents are Italian, he is Italian. He lived but 13 years in USA.

Football v soccer

Football won

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
A massive star in American soccer is an oxymoron.

He has already achieved more, at this tender age, than if he had played for you.

His parents are Italian, he is Italian. He lived but 13 years in USA.

Football v soccer

Football won
That's not true whatsoever. If he was playing for the U.S., and playing well, he'd have so many fans here it would be incredible. Plus he'd still have his contacts at Manure, Villareal, et cetera.

You're just tied up in the paradigm of: players who don't play for a traditionally great footballing country won't be able to further their club careers, and vice versa. Too bad you're wrong.

But hey, you're smart enough to use the football/soccer argument in one of your posts. Shouldn't you be writing for 442? That's probably the sorriest argument I've ever heard when it comes to Rossi, so congrats. Really, nobody here should even bother with you.

There is so much more to life and football than jackasses thinking they have an upper hand in languages.

Sep 1, 2002
That's not true whatsoever. If he was playing for the U.S., and playing well, he'd have so many fans here it would be incredible. Plus he'd still have his contacts at Manure, Villareal, et cetera.

You're just tied up in the paradigm of: players who don't play for a traditionally great footballing country won't be able to further their club careers, and vice versa. Too bad you're wrong.

But hey, you're smart enough to use the football/soccer argument in one of your posts. Shouldn't you be writing for 442? That's probably the sorriest argument I've ever heard when it comes to Rossi, so congrats. Really, nobody here should even bother with you.

There is so much more to life and football than jackasses thinking they have an upper hand in languages.

Don't get you knickers in a twist!

See, you always resort to name calling: it's just like the school playground.

The argument is just. Massive in soccer terms in America is not comparable to playing for Italy.

He Is Italian, so why shouldn't want to play for them, not to mention the fact he gets to play with other Italian players, world class players, in the world cup, in the European cup, can USA offer him that?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Don't get you knickers in a twist!

See, you always resort to name calling: it's just like the school playground.

The argument is just. Massive in soccer terms in America is not comparable to playing for Italy.

He Is Italian, so why shouldn't want to play for them, not to mention the fact he gets to play with other Italian players, world class players, in the world cup, in the European cup, can USA offer him that?
But Rossi had a greater chance of becoming massive for the US than Italy. Chances are, and hopefully, Giovinco outshines him in the National Team scheme.

Rossi was first an American before he was Italian, but he got his Italian citizenship justly after playing in Italy for years.

He can have it. But I don't have to like him, nor wish him well. In fact I wish him the worst, which any fan of my country should do. Same with someone like Zlatan.

And Osman, a fanboy of the Azzurri and Rossi, just needs to get over my viewpoint on this.

Sep 1, 2002
He point is he had a choice, and it was in no way contrieved.

For an athlete with ambition playing for Italy rather than the USA makes scense. And massive remains comparable, in terms of potential success. Big fish, small pond.

With Italy he has the chance to play in World cups and European cups, with the chance of success.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
He point is he had a choice, and it was in no way contrieved.

For an athlete with ambition playing for Italy rather than the USA makes scense. And massive remains comparable, in terms of potential success. Big fish, small pond.

With Italy he has the chance to play in World cups and European cups, with the chance of success.
But you said massive, not success. Choose your words more carefully.

Of course Italy has the potential of more success, but that's not everything in the world's game. There used to be something called honor and dignity, choosing honor over success in the football world. Players like Nedved did that. Players like Thuram didn't. I respect those who do honor what clubs and countries give them, not the other way around. That is my opinion. And my country gave the Rossi family quite the home, but they repay us by making him play for Italy, even when his mom and dad are teachers in New Jersey.

OK, it was your right to do so. :tup: Just don't expect me to give you any favors in the future.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)