Nationality debate (28 Viewers)

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Giovinco's not a striker. Rossi is. That's why he can replace Del Piero and Giovinco can't. And Giovinco's not better than Rossi.

Mar 30, 2006
the question is how can u play all this striker force u will have
Diego Giovinco Del piero Iaqunta Amauri and Rossi.. that's a lot and all of them are world class no average players so u can't bench 2 or 3 of them just like that !!! we don't need him now that's for sure....
2 players for every position. Rotate them and play whoever is in best form for the big games.

DP/Rossi---Amauri/IQ
----Diego/Giovinco

not to mention the amount of injuries Juve seems to get.

Juventico

Apr 7, 2005
What are you talking about? Rossi played for years in the United States.
Not on a professional level, he was 13 when he started playing for Parma... Saying Rossi played in the U.S. is like saying that Messi played in Argentina. It was ages ago.

You don't get it. If people went on bloodlines for citizenship, the U.S. wouldn't be allowed to compete in any competition considering this place is a melting pot of ethnicities.
I do get, i made my remark about the Scots, Irish and Brits which came up as a sidecomment. In our continent bloodlines mean little, that's why exactly the US have profited from the Serbs, Greek, Ghanian, and whatever else wound up there playing for them. Mind, though that in many cases they are second-third generation Greek/Serb/whatever. Rossi probably felt more Italian than U.S.American, he moved to Italy when he was 13, then to England when he was 17. I wouldn't ever believe he feels more drawn to the U.S. than to Italy.

And last, but not least. I'd love to see both Giovinco and Rossi playing together. They do well with the Azzurrini, I am sure they could do well for Juve for many years to come.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
Technical and Talent wise Giovinco is better but i would say that unfortunately Rossi is more experienced and more mature becouse he is a starter and Giovinco just lost a year in his progress ....

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
2 players for every position. Rotate them and play whoever is in best form for the big games.

DP/Rossi---Amauri/IQ
----Diego/Giovinco

not to mention the amount of injuries Juve seems to get.
man this is hard and not a reality to be honest u can't rotate all this players it will affect your harmonica....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not on a professional level, he was 13 when he started playing for Parma... Saying Rossi played in the U.S. is like saying that Messi played in Argentina. It was ages ago.

I do get, i made my remark about the Scots, Irish and Brits which came up as a sidecomment. In our continent bloodlines mean little, that's why exactly the US have profited from the Serbs, Greek, Ghanian, and whatever else wound up there playing for them. Mind, though that in many cases they are second-third generation Greek/Serb/whatever. Rossi probably felt more Italian than U.S.American, he moved to Italy when he was 13, then to England when he was 17. I wouldn't ever believe he feels more drawn to the U.S. than to Italy.

And last, but not least. I'd love to see both Giovinco and Rossi playing together. They do well with the Azzurrini, I am sure they could do well for Juve for many years to come.
And how did Rossi earn a spot at Parma? By playing in the US and developing here.

You act like U.S. Soccer just steals talent from other places. Too bad our best players -- Dempsey, Donovan, Altidore, Bradley, and Howard -- were all born and raised in the U.S.

Mar 30, 2006
man this is hard and not a reality to be honest u can't rotate all this players it will affect your harmonica....
:lol: I dont play my harmonica much though.

I know what you mean though but it is not much different from having DP, Trez, IQ, Amauri, Nedved and Giovinco last season..

Just Diego for NEdved and Rossi for Trez.

Playing in the CL, Coppa Italia and Serie A gives us alot of games and if we get a big injury we will be introuble with less players. Like if DP gets injured ..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)