My PC slows down while printing (1 Viewer)

Isanie

Sep 1, 2004
I hope some of the experts here can help me. My PC is an Athlon XP 2200, 256MB, 80GB HD.

Lately, everytime I am printing documents, it slows down dramatically. It takes ages for a program to load. I never had this problem before.

What this may be?

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
If you're sending large print jobs to the printer, it'll get chuggy for a while until the print job has been saved in the printer's cache. It shouldn't happen when you're printing things like small word documents etc.

OP

Isanie

Sep 1, 2004
  • Thread Starter #3
    They are small Word documents. Even if if it's just one page., it'd go all slow and impossible.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    In Windows this is completely normal, if it didn't happen I would think something is wrong with your equipment. For some reason sending that print job takes an incredible amount of resources in Windows, just the way it is.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    I'm sure he means that it's worse than normal... ;)

Are you running any heavy applications while printing? Maybe you have a lot of smaller programs running in the background.
    It doesn't take much to fill your 256mb RAM which'll lead to disk thrashing...

if you hear a cracking sound (the hard disk) durring the time your loading a program, then it is because your memory is too small. Windows XP's minimum regquirement is 128mb. 128mb more is not that much.

If this is the case, and you're only running apps that you need, then the best advice is to upgrade your meory.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    I'm sure he means that it's worse than normal... ;)
    Hehe. Well small documents shouldn't hold up the computer for too long. But 20 page pdfs will bring Windows to its knees for the duration of the printing everytime. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Hehe. Well small documents shouldn't hold up the computer for too long. But 20 page pdfs will bring Windows to its knees for the duration of the printing everytime. :D
    true!
    but don't mention that again... my computer might hear you!

ssshhh :scared:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    boot into knoppix or something when printing :D
    why not just hire an artistic midget to sit on a miniture stool by your pc and start drawing or handwriting what's on the screen. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    So if he were to dive to take a bullet for you, how would he get up? :D
    he doesn't .. I just get a new one.

My armless bodygaurds are disposable. I got a 12-packof disposable armless ones for the price of 1. :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    Sweet deal :D
    Yeah.. Though the rival Potato company also had a special offer...

Their box came with a 12-pack of disposable blind assassins. :undecide:

wierd! :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    How many did you spend so far? :D
    I've got 7 left...

5 are all gone.
    1 jumped in front of me thinking that i was gonne get shot, but it just turned out to be a guy wearing black gloves pointing at me.
    The other 4 got *****slapped to death by my prining midget. I don't know why he didn't let them! :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)