My new Guitar (1 Viewer)

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
nope.

But you should have problems finding keybordist.

Basists and drummers are in deficit in Malta :D

I just started working on creating a backing band for one of maltes "girls".

It's too early to say, both drummer & me are a lil' bit rusty and it's taking long, especially considering that it is not exactly rock music and everything has to be perfect.....

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
maltese girls? which one? One of those manufactured ones? :D

Keyboardist I might find as I know a couple of people..luckily for me they were already a drummer and bassist andj ust needed a rhytmn guitarist...me :D

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
maltese girls? which one? One of those manufactured ones? :D
:D

Like Ira Losco or Lynn Chircop :D ?

Well, something like that, just that we wont be doing Eurovision song contest. I spoke with song witer and basically, he can not make a song so cheezy to qualify:D

You heard of Christina Cassolani?

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++
so u finally found a job huh...

does it pays well?
Well, everything depends. :)

With this band we just started. Maltese PPL are supporting their girl-manufactured-singers:D, so it might pay well.

A guy, playing solo in the pub or something gets approx Lm20 - Lm30 per night (EURO 50 - 75), depending if he's "known" or not.

Gianni & Friends are doing well in Malta, but they play strictly covers.

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
++ [ originally posted by *aca* ] ++

With this band we just started. Maltese PPL are supporting their girl-manufactured-singers:D , so it might pay well.

s.
is that the type of bands who biogenetically manufacture female singers and can pre adjusted her voice quality according to their demands and then have her dancing naked on live shows :confused: no :confused:

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
yeah. There were three singles, and all did well on Maltese radio.....

We had just two rehersals, so it's early to say anything. Maybe the set up of the band will change, who knows.....

But i have to admit, although the rehersals are "working" ones, ie no fun, just work, I'm enjoying it:) Havent played in a long, long time :groan:

The guy who wrote the songs is the manager of the band. He's a sound engineer too and has his own studio, so plenty of time to work on the songs and do them properly....

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
That we will :)

Although i dont think we'll be playing anytime soon. We wont come out on stage until we can play the songs with our eyes closed and after being awaken in the middle of the night and given instruments and oredered to play:D

Myself, i long for a stage :( I was always a guy that prefered a stage than studio or song creation process...

With my band in Belgrade, we had three months 4 times a week 4 hours rehersals practicing 14 songs only.....Not one gig was a mistake after that and we were sloshed regulary.....:D

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I'm the other way round. I'd rather work in a studio and create than go on stage....never been on a stage actually and I'm sure I`m gonna get jitters and make mistakes my first time :(

*aca*

Jul 15, 2002
Nah

One gig is equivalent to 10 rehersals ;) More gigs, less rehersals. Thats why I love it :D It's a confidence booster too. ;)

Just relax and do the same as at rehersals.

My first gig was a disaster, but all of the band was a disaster (including songs:D ), and i was hardy 15 at the time:D

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
im learning acoustic. now i remember why i gave up guitars long time ago before i really learnt it.

i've learned C, F, G and E in 1 day :extatic: yes i know, pathetic ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)