my IE is quite a joker :groan: (1 Viewer)

Sep 28, 2002
ok, now everytime i want to go to some site that doesn't exist or i typy the address wrong, like juvntuz.com my ie instead of showing that error page like before automatically goes to... www.perfectnav.com. :wth: why is that?

and anoter thing. remember some time ago erik complained that when he wants to save a pic from the net he can only do it in bmp format without option to change the filetype while saving. this happens to me as well. but only on this site. on every other site i can save images normally.

thank you.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Fliakis ] ++
ok, now everytime i want to go to some site that doesn't exist or i typy the address wrong, like juvntuz.com my ie instead of showing that error page like before automatically goes to... www.perfectnav.com. :wth: why is that?

and anoter thing. remember some time ago erik complained that when he wants to save a pic from the net he can only do it in bmp format without option to change the filetype while saving. this happens to me as well. but only on this site. on every other site i can save images normally.

thank you.
:LOL:

It has been happening to me since a week ago too!!. I miss the tipical "cannot find the page" error message.

i hate that "perfectnav thing"!

Martin help!!!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
ehehehehehehehehehe how did i know martin would reply straightaway :D

he pretty much said it all, get a decent browser ffs

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
all that stuff this program finds on my pc is doing harm? damn, i need a new computer :scared:
some of them yes, all that stuff has been installed on your computer without you knowing about it or authorizing it. that's how spyware works and it's a real pain these days. it can slow down your computer, start processes that run in the background and you don't see, it can even participate in internet attacks if something has been purposefully installed by someone who has an ulterior motive. denial of service attacks are conducted by normal windows computers with owners that know little about what's going on.

but let's not exaggerate here, most spyware is not "dangerous", it's mostly used to collect information about you, for instance as a means to send you more spam or looking through your address book to get those email addresses for spam purposes.

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
he pretty much said it all, get a decent browser ffs
couldn't have put it better myself :D

OP
flieeeekke
Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    why again ie is bad? a stupid user as i am only notices a diference that ie is faster. nothing more. and why the problem i mentioned only happens on juventuz?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    why again ie is bad? a stupid user as i am only notices a diference that ie is faster. nothing more. and why the problem i mentioned only happens on juventuz?
    so many reasons, but if you don't see a difference then there's no point in explaining it, it's pretty obvious why ie is inferior to certain other browsers if you know what you want from one.

probably because you access juventuz more than other sites, I noticed that with ie myself that on some sites that error would happen, on others it wouldn't. next time it might be the other way around.

OP
    flieeeekke
    Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++

probably because you access juventuz more than other sites, I noticed that with ie myself that on some sites that error would happen, on others it wouldn't. next time it might be the other way around.
    mkay, that explains a lot. can i uninstall ie?

OP
    flieeeekke
    Sep 28, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.
    oh glory :extatic:

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    mkay, that explains a lot. can i uninstall ie?
    I would recommend against that. I have tried myself and it made Windows pretty unstable, would shut down for no reason and stuff like that. Better to just put it aside and not use it if you don't want it.

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    I would recommend against that. I have tried myself and it made Windows pretty unstable, would shut down for no reason and stuff like that. Better to just put it aside and not use it if you don't want it.
    You delete the wrong files, or are Microsoft integrating everything so they can sell them as one great, bug-riddled $30,000 package?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
    You delete the wrong files, or are Microsoft integrating everything so they can sell them as one great, bug-riddled $30,000 package?
    Hehe, I wouldn't risk axing any files on my own, I used the Control Panel > Add/remove > Add/remove windows components menu. I was shocked at the possibilty of Windows allowing me to kill IE but shortly thereafter I would get these "remote procedure call error, system will restart in 60 seconds" messages, about 2 minutes after starting windows.

It's most likely because IE is integrated so tightly into Windows that pulling it apart implies ripping off a nice portion of the windows explorer. Surely you have noticed how closely related explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe are?

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Surely you have noticed how closely related explorer.exe and iexplorer.exe are?
    It had occured to me. A bit like the MSN chat thingey then. Stick a program in peoples faces and they'll use it out of sheer laziness.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Just so. In case of msn, not only laziness but most importantly the fact that it's so hard to get rid of. You can't even turn it off if you have IE or Outlook running, damn thing will tell you "other programs depend on it". My ass.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    PERFECT NAV is because you have Kazaa!!! you gotta get a program called HijackThis! and uninstall it with that program!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
    Just so. In case of msn, not only laziness but most importantly the fact that it's so hard to get rid of. You can't even turn it off if you have IE or Outlook running, damn thing will tell you it "other programs depend on it". My ass.
    Like IE then.

I've got IE on right now but not MSN. (Mozilla is trapped at home - damn computing services didn't install it on the network despite my nice letter.) Clearly, they need eachother like Chelsea need another goalkeeper.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    The problem with downloading a program like ad aware is that it'll delete all the ADs and stuff that your computer has in, and you wont be able to use Kazaa, so what I'd do is:

Get ad aware and make it fix everything
    uninstall kazaa
    get kazaa lite, it doesnt have ads and stuff :)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Yes but IE is less intrusive. It doesn't startup with windows and bother you constantly. If you don't start it, you can get away from it.

You can't install anything you want at home? Is it a personal computer?

++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    The problem with downloading a program like ad aware is that it'll delete all the ADs and stuff that your computer has in, and you wont be able to use Kazaa, so what I'd do is:

Get ad aware and make it fix everything
    uninstall kazaa
    get kazaa lite, it doesnt have ads and stuff :)
    Hope you don't get offended when I say I think that's obvious. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)