Mutu (1 Viewer)

xziz

Aug 30, 2004
from: http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s22/e6873/sport_lng0_spo22_evt6873_sto656222.shtml

Mutu in talks with Juventus

Disgraced Romania international striker Adrian Mutu, banned for seven months for taking cocaine, is to hold talks with Serie A leaders Juventus, an Italian club official said on Wednesday.

TOP 24: Kakà carnival in Milan!

Mutu, sacked last month by English Premier League Chelsea for his positive dope test, has signed a deal with an Italian management company led by Alessandro Moggi. Alessandro is the son of Juve manager Luciano Moggi.

"Mutu will be in our club's main stand to watch the match between Juventus and Fiorentina this evening," a Juventus official, who declined to be named, told Reuters. "Then he will meet some important people of the club."

The 25-year-old Mutu, banned by the English FA, can resume playing next May. He will undergo a drug education and rehabilitation programme.

Reuters - 10/11/2004

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Me too. I was very disappointed when the "99% deal" broke down at the end of the transfer window.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Yeah, but how was I s'posed to know at the time that Zlatan was coming :D

Still, I'd love to have Mutu at Juve. Amazingly talented player

Henry

Sep 30, 2003
personally I don't like the thought of us buying a player tainted with drugs.....surely there are other equally talented people out there, who have not been involved with drugs, and maybe are cheaper-Mutu may be disgraced, but he still is Mutu, and would probably require a high salary. maybe not though-he may be desperate to play, I guess it depends on how other teams have and are reacting

Manuel

Aug 8, 2003
I do hope we get Mutu, and with the money we might get for tacchi and some of the players at Fiorentina, we can get Cassano.
Next years offence would be unstopable:
Cassano ----- Zlatan
--------Mutu-----------
:eek::drool:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
The word is that he's affiliated with a management company run by Moggi's son now, and that he will be attending today's match against Fiorentina. Followed by talks with Juventus' front office.

Can we just post a sign outside the delle Alpi that reads, "Dopers and drug abusers apply inside!"? :irritate:

Decent player, but unreliable.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
Mutu is a great player who can help nearly every team. i just hope that he learns from his mistakes.

i think he will demand a very high wage because he is out of contract now and a lot of big clubs want to sign him. But if he has really signed a deal with an Italian management company led by Alessandro Moggi our chances will be good that we get him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Yeah, but how was I s'posed to know at the time that Zlatan was coming :D

Still, I'd love to have Mutu at Juve. Amazingly talented player
If he regains something close to his form two seasons ago with Parma, Mutu would be a steal. He is a brilliant player who could set his career back on track here in Turin. I'd welcome him with open arms.

Nofuture

Mar 30, 2003
Instead of following good english footbalers example of consuming alcohol, he was facinated by argentinian role model fashions...

SHAME ON HIM!!!

But if Moggy can bring him for free, why not... Use him for year, and sell him, get loads of money and buy few young prospects...

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nofuture ] ++
Instead of following good english footbalers example of consuming alcohol, he was facinated by argentinian role model fashions...

SHAME ON HIM!!!

But if Moggy can bring him for free, why not... Use him for year, and sell him, get loads of money and buy few young prospects...
Ahh question. Why would we sell Mutu if he regains his old Parma form? Adrian is still fairly young and if that form comes back to him we should keep hold of him. It's not our style to obtain a player, then ship him out the next year.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

If he regains something close to his form two seasons ago with Parma, Mutu would be a steal. He is a brilliant player who could set his career back on track here in Turin. I'd welcome him with open arms.
Exactly. Besides, who are we to judge over Mutu anyway?

Jul 19, 2003
Same being said on CH4:

Mutu set for Juventus? Wednesday 10 November, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adrian Mutu will watch Juventus this evening, fuelling speculation that he could join the Turin giants.

"Mutu will be at the match between Juventus and Fiorentina," an unnamed Bianconeri official is quoted as saying by the BBC.

"Then he will meet some important people at the club."

The Romanian, who was earlier linked with a possible switch to Roma, is a free agent after being sacked by Chelsea for failing a drugs test.

The 25-year-old almost joined the Delle Alpi outfit in the summer until the deal collapsed at the very last minute.

But a move could occur - once his ban ends in May - given that he is now represented by agent Alessandro Moggi, son of Juve director general Luciano.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)