Mutu (2 Viewers)

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
++ [ originally posted by neath_lad ] ++
i reckon someone should hold a poll about whether DP should be in the squad when we have a fully fit team, at least we can see what the people on this website think.

anyone agree?
1. I don't think its his place in the squad we're questioning, more his first team status on his current form

2. It would be a fairly pointless exercise in my view, as most issues involving delpiero are. We essentially have three types of opinion over this:

a) the delpiero lovers, example azzurri7 here, that will vote unquestionably in favour of delpiero, in any poll whatsoever concerning him. They say love is blind..

b) the people that are frankly jealous of his poularity and will stop at nothing to slag him off and try to have him kicked off the team. These people would rather concentrate on delpiero not scoring than if the team won 6-0, in effect the complete opposite of type a

c) the neutral, intelligent people who are capable of well thought out and rational points regarding the delpiero issue. Unfortunately in this community we are in a minority and our opinions would be eclipsed by the majority of worshippers or to a lesser extent haters we have out there.

The result would of course not really represent the viewpoint of people who know anything, more those who vote yes because the poll has delpiero in it :groan:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
I've just come back and read this thread since last posting on page 10 or whatever it was. It's quite interesting seeing Andy and Paolo_Montero putting forward reasonable and mature comments and arguments, and having the same people replying with the same immature rubbish each time.

It always seems to follow the same trend:

Someone dares to criticise DP :)eek:). Usually with arguments to back up their claim.

Then a DP 'lover' immediately comes back with things like "He is the soul of Juve" and "without DP Juve is nothing".

The 'criticiser' then explains their reasons some more.

The DP 'lovers' then start making gross generalisations and extremely inaccurate and groundless accusations that usually don't refer to anything the other person has said.

The person with the reasoned argument spends the next couple of pages trying to figure out just where the DP lovers are getting all these stupid comments from, and trying to reason with them.

Finally, the mature poster eventually gets so annoyed at not being able to have a proper discussion that he/she just gives up and resigns himself to the fact they are never going to get any sense from the others and thinks it would be much more sensible to go and have a lie down - or go and have a more adult discussion with some more open minded people (like the kids in the local nursery).

This is exactly what happened to me, and why it has taken me another 10 pages worth of posting to return to this thread because I had had enough of it the first time round. And what do I find? The same numbskulls coming up with the same accusations and unfounded comments ("DP should be played because he is DP and he's scored 5 goals this season so that means he must be back to his best") as before!

As Azzurri7 would say - DAMMNNNN.............. (followed by a groundless accusation...and probably a 'DP Rules' comment).

Monkfish

Jun 14, 2003
Cheers Tom. I agree, I think my number of posts : amount of time I've been here ratio is pretty low, but I only tend to post when I feel I need to say something.

I just wish some others would only post when they have something meaningful to offer!

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++
Cheers Tom. I agree, I think my number of posts : amount of time I've been here ratio is pretty low, but I only tend to post when I feel I need to say something.

I just wish some others would only post when they have something meaningful to offer!
Ah now, this would go from one fo the most active to one of the least active forums in the world in no time. ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Monkfish ] ++

Finally, the mature poster eventually gets so annoyed at not being able to have a proper discussion that he/she just gives up and resigns himself to the fact they are never going to get any sense from the others and thinks it would be much more sensible to go and have a lie down - or go and have a more adult discussion with some more open minded people (like the kids in the local nursery).
:LOL: Good stuff man. You should certainly consider posting here more often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)