Mutu or Di Vaio ?? (1 Viewer)

Which player would've you signed in the summer of 2002?

• Adrian Mutu.

• Marco Di Vaio.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
In the summer of 2002, Juve needed to sign a new forward due to Salas' ongoing injuries .. many options where in the market, but they were said to be narrowed down to only 2: Marco Di Vaio from Parma or Adrian Mutu from Verona. Juve choose Di Vaio. If you had the chance to make that call, which player would've you signed? Marco di Vaio or Adrian Mutu ??

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Di Vaio ;)

Simply because he plays for Juve, and his goals have been more cracking (apart from Mutu's first goal for Chelsea)

Aug 1, 2003
di vaio
-plays for juve
-good looking
-awesome goals
-talented
-not a brat

mutu
-plays for chelski
-good looking
-goals
-talented
-blabs bout italian footie

well, i'd go for di vaio. :angel:

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Though I must admit, I'd be stoked if we had both of them. As for Di Vaio's looks, I've said this before... but the guy looks so dopey :p

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
LOL......i tend to be biased.....

IMO, both have quite the same style of play.....but i'd chose DV for the mere reason he's better looking.....:D

i must admit that since mutu gone to chelsea, he's been a big-mouth hasnt he? he wasnt like that when he was in italy. his mouth has gotten as big as his paycheck now....:fero:

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I would have probibly voted for Mutu back then because everyone raved about him, but i think Moggi made the right choice.

Di Vaio adds a new dimension to the Juve attack (speed). He's similar to Sheva. Juve havn't had this type of attacker in a while.
For a few years (since the days of Vieri, Boksic....) we've had the Finishers/Poachers like Trez, Inzaghi, Kova, and Zalayetta. Fonseca and Esnaider never did their jobs well, so having a player like Di Vaio is important.

IMO, Mutu is closer in style to Del Piero. so we didn't need him as much.

so i'm happy with Di Vaio and i'll vote for him. (though in a nutural comparison where it's not about juve, i'd definately go for Mutu as i think he's :thumb: )

OP
dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    Players' looks is the last thing we should care about !!

Mutu and Di Vaio are different players, as Majed mentioned, Mutu is more like an attacker who plays off another striker, like he did with Adriano in Parma, with Crespo in Chelsea and like Del Piero is doing with Trezeguet in Juve ..

Di Vaio is more of a finisher or a striker, but he's not the type of poacher like Inzaghi or RVN, he likes attacking from behind and creating chances himself .. like Sheva in Milan ..

But at the time, I think Di Vaio was a more complete player than Mutu and that's why we signed him .. Parma were wise to immediately sign Adriano and Mutu as replacements ..

aressandro10

Jul 30, 2003
    i think Mutu would have been a better signing... i think he is more agile, fast and more technically gifted... which means more flexbility.. i have to say apart from finishing of some moves, i dont impress very much with Di Vaio's contribution.. i think Mutu would have made a better contribution.. maybe he could dislodged Dp for good ;)

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I think the question should be Mutu vs Miccoli, Mutu vs Dp or DV vs Trez, Mutu and DV are totally different players

OP
    dpforever

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    I think the question should be Mutu vs Miccoli, Mutu vs Dp or DV vs Trez, Mutu and DV are totally different players

That's what I said in the previous post, they are different.

But the fact remains that we had the chance of signing Mutu instead of Di Vaio during that summer.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    No offense to DV, who's off to a fantastic start, but Mutu is just as solid and is 3 years younger, so I would have to choose Mutu.

Jul 12, 2002
    I've got say Di Vaio because they're basically the same player ont he field, but DV has a great attitude. I almost voted for Mutu becaus ehe has such great taste in turf, but then I remembered what team spirit and selflessness DV has.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
    back then, we needed a both i believe.

We only had Del Piero as a support striker so mutu could have have been handy, but trez did his knee so DV was also needed to be the main striker at the time.

Currently, with Miccoli and del piero at the club, DV is needed more than Mutu.

i suppose big mouths like Mutu dont exist at juve, and if they do, their mouths are shut very quickly:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)