Mutu Disses Italian Football (1 Viewer)

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -S- ] ++
"Over here they appreciate me. You (Italians) only revere Brazilians and Argentines. In Italy, if you're from the East it's a different story."
Nedved might have something to say about that.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by slack ] ++
Nedved might have something to say about that.
Come on people, don't you get it? He was talking about Adriano! Parma liked him better, and he's a bit pissed about that. I thought that was obvious...

JuveCampione

Sep 21, 2002
how would that be obvious? he talked about Italy.
maybe that was the thing that made him have this opinion, but he does think in Italy, players who are brazilians or argentinians are prefered more. this is not true

slack

Dec 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

Come on people, don't you get it? He was talking about Adriano! Parma liked him better, and he's a bit pissed about that. I thought that was obvious...
If one read it in the context of the article, there's no way of telling. I'm not aware that he was way down the pecking order in popularity stakes behind the Brazilian ... you sure about that?

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker2 ] ++

I agree with those who said that it's not so certain that Mutu was rejected in favour of these players...

AFAIK, it was Chelsea's bling that lured Parma into selling :greedy:

OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #27
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    Is there a source to this article? Was he talking to an Italian reporter or an english reporter?
    Got that from Soccerage.

I can agree with the fouls part, but by saying the Italians only revere Brazilians and Argentines doesn't quite sound like music to the ears.

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
    I cannot really see why you guys are upset with what Mutu said here as really the headline does not really fit the actual story
    I watch Italian football a lot and I too get frustrated the amount of times referees blow their whistles for non existent fouls and break up play

By and large the crowds in England are better to be perfectly honest as they do not go about throwing tomatoes and attacking their own players if things go wrong otherwise there would not be a single tomato in the markets in Leeds

The only comment I find disturbing is the Argentina and Brazilian bit as i think maybe that shows he has an oversized ego and wants to be heroworshipped the same way Crespo was at Parma but that way he should have stayed longer

But no where does he say Italian football itself is bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)