Muslim players in Europe (5 Viewers)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++

and this is annoying , i tried to get back to topic and couldn't ,, martin lock this thread for good
Yeah... but for me, the topic never got off the ground properly. There weren't too many facts with sources. Just a lot of "maybe's" and "I think's" that really don't matter.

So I really wouldn't mind if this thread is closed.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Honestly the reason I didn't intervene in the first place is that I'm just sick and tired of these petty fights. But now that I'm involved afterall, let's do this right.

That's not a question, it's not a definite assertion but it's not far from it. You make a statement about a religion you don't know much about in the form that if it were read by a neutral, they may believe it. You are spreading false truths. Had it indeed been a question, those without an opinion would be less likely to believe it because then you would be admitting you're no authority on the subject.

Now tell me, Vinny, how much misleading nonsense has been spread about Islam the past few decades? How many bs misconceptions do we in the "Western" world, who know nothing about it, have? Is it really that shocking that those who have this religion want to keep the record straight? I imagine they wish to educate people on Islam so we don't believe all kinds of crap said by other people whose opinions we respect, those who also don't know anything, like our friends or relatives or the media. And with your statement, you're not helping.

To top it off, you compare muslims to a radical fundamentalist who kills people for power. Brilliant.

Along comes Majed who wants to help and he offers his insights..

Then it's zambrota19...

So already you have 2 replies to your assertive post and notice how both these people were able to see past what could easily be interpreted as purposeful misrepresentation on your part and gave you an answer to your "question".

But not all people are equally understanding, right?

Yes it was blunt, but it's true, isn't? Aren't you ignorant on Islam? I know I am and if I were all that interested in learning I would but I don't because I'm lazy. So iBianconeri clearly wasn't as kind as the two other posters but what he said was true and "ignorant" is hardly a rare label on this forum, I wouldn't even call it an insult. He also took a jab at you in the form of his sarcastic remark at the end, also not a rare thing on this forum.

"asshole", that's more like it. That's definitely an insult. So let's replay your history here.
1. You make an ignorant but assertive post which provokes 3 responses.
2. 2 of them are friendly, one is slightly antagonistic.
3. You ignore the 2 friendly ones and you launch a personal attack on iBianconeri.

First of all, you can call me ignorant all you want, it doesn't bother me. And secondly for my own selfish benefit of saving face or dignity or whatever you may wish to call it, I try not to take opposing sides in discussions if I know I don't have a clue. And if I do, I stay humble and admit my ignorance, which prevents people from attacking me. Believe me, had you said what you did with "I read this and I wonder if it's true" and dropped the Bin Laden reference, noone would call you ignorant. Even though you are. Because by staying humble you express your respect to those who know the subject a little better and in being respected, people tend to respond with kindness and understanding.

But this isn't really about me. You are a timebomb and you know it. Sometimes even to me, and I know you for some time now, it looks like you're only waiting to pick a fight with someone. You're opinionated and you like to express yourself in a loud and confident manner. Who could forget the posts in all caps. That is your style, you like to be an authority so that when Vinny walks in, everyone knows you have something radical to say. Not everyone likes this kind of personality, some people feel dominated by it, like you're imposing yourself on everyone else. Is it any wonder you don't get along perfectly with everyone? Staying on good terms with everyone is not friendship or kindness, it's diplomacy. And while the former qualities are not lost, they take a back seat in the process. One thing you are not is diplomatic.

BRAVO.. Martin.. :star:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

I guess I'll be expecting 20 Bajilion dollars in my bank account in the morning. :D
If that bank is in Switzerland, you have yourself a deal. :D

Okay, I would like to hear these observations. Obviously they are too bad to tell, which makes them all the more entertaining to hear. Do send me a PM. Seriously I am not sure what you are talking about..

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003

Honestly the reason I didn't intervene in the first place is that I'm just sick and tired of these petty fights. But now that I'm involved afterall, let's do this right.

That's not a question, it's not a definite assertion but it's not far from it. You make a statement about a religion you don't know much about in the form that if it were read by a neutral, they may believe it. You are spreading false truths. Had it indeed been a question, those without an opinion would be less likely to believe it because then you would be admitting you're no authority on the subject.

Now tell me, Vinny, how much misleading nonsense has been spread about Islam the past few decades? How many bs misconceptions do we in the "Western" world, who know nothing about it, have? Is it really that shocking that those who have this religion want to keep the record straight? I imagine they wish to educate people on Islam so we don't believe all kinds of crap said by other people whose opinions we respect, those who also don't know anything, like our friends or relatives or the media. And with your statement, you're not helping.

To top it off, you compare muslims to a radical fundamentalist who kills people for power. Brilliant.

Then it's zambrota19...

So already you have 2 replies to your assertive post and notice how both these people were able to see past what could easily be interpreted as purposeful misrepresentation on your part and gave you an answer to your "question".

Yes it was blunt, but it's true, isn't? Aren't you ignorant on Islam? I know I am and if I were all that interested in learning I would but I don't because I'm lazy. So iBianconeri clearly wasn't as kind as the two other posters but what he said was true and "ignorant" is hardly a rare label on this forum, I wouldn't even call it an insult. He also took a jab at you in the form of his sarcastic remark at the end, also not a rare thing on this forum.

"asshole", that's more like it. That's definitely an insult. So let's replay your history here.
3. You ignore the 2 friendly ones and you launch a personal attack on iBianconeri.

First of all, you can call me ignorant all you want, it doesn't bother me. And secondly for my own selfish benefit of saving face or dignity or whatever you may wish to call it, I try not to take opposing sides in discussions if I know I don't have a clue. And if I do, I stay humble and admit my ignorance, which prevents people from attacking me. Believe me, had you said what you did with "I read this and I wonder if it's true" and dropped the Bin Laden reference, noone would call you ignorant. Even though you are. Because by staying humble you express your respect to those who know the subject a little better and in being respected, people tend to respond with kindness and understanding.

But this isn't really about me. You are a timebomb and you know it. Sometimes even to me, and I know you for some time now, it looks like you're only waiting to pick a fight with someone. You're opinionated and you like to express yourself in a loud and confident manner. Who could forget the posts in all caps. That is your style, you like to be an authority so that when Vinny walks in, everyone knows you have something radical to say. Not everyone likes this kind of personality, some people feel dominated by it, like you're imposing yourself on everyone else. Is it any wonder you don't get along perfectly with everyone? Staying on good terms with everyone is not friendship or kindness, it's diplomacy. And while the former qualities are not lost, they take a back seat in the process. One thing you are not is diplomatic.

Everyone shhhhh now, the master has spoken *bows down in respect* :dazed:

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

If that bank is in Switzerland, you have yourself a deal. :D

Okay, I would like to hear these observations. Obviously they are too bad to tell, which makes them all the more entertaining to hear. Do send me a PM. Seriously I am not sure what you are talking about..
Hey, if they're that bad dont keep them to yourself, get them out in the open, everyone loves other peoples dirty laundry :D ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

There are no accusations to defend Andy.
Mostly observations.

Good night.
What is it Majed? Is it because I harshly criticise Arab news outlets? I pray that isn't it...

Mermaidah

May 18, 2003

Then it's zambrota19...

Well said Martin!!!

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
First of all Bravo Martin....great post, when the zen-master speaks all listens!!:p:p

Andy and Majid will you pllzzzz stop it!! you can do the same on PM!!

Now back to subject...Rasheedy Yakini the former Nigerian star was Muslim, nobody mentioned him...

NEDVED

Nov 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by zambrota19 ] ++
First of all Bravo Martin....great post, when the zen-master speaks all listens!!:p:p

Andy and Majid will you pllzzzz stop it!! you can do the same on PM!!

Now back to subject...Rasheedy Yakini the former Nigerian star was Muslim, nobody mentioned him...
Never heard of him to be honest....

Mido is muslim and Roda Antar....

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

Then it's zambrota19...

If you have a problem with me, or have had problems with me in the past, you should have done the right thing, and PM'ed me

How many times have I been banned ??

All these problems I'm giving you, why should I bother staying around ???

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I do not understand some of you people. It's always Vinni who gets castigated, but not the main sources of problems. He makes one unfair comment to defend himself, and he gets blamed for everything? Sorry Martin but this is a crock of cow dung.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
Andy, leave Majed alone. he is obviously too polite to tell you that it is his opinion that you are a jackass. So what? It happens. Solution - quit being a jackass, because Majed is not the only one making these observations :D

And . . . for what it is worth, Zidane (100% Algerian) is in fact Muslim. Batistuta, despite the middle name "Omar" is not Muslim. You can't always go by names. I am not Muslim, but I love the name "Mohammed" and would consider naming my son that, if I ever have a son.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)