MU's 70mil bid for Gigi (2 Viewers)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
United In For Given
5/28/2005 1:09:00 PM

Manchester United are set to launch a £6 million bid for Newcastle goalkeeper Shay Given.
The Mirror reports that United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has targeted the Republic of Ireland international after the surprise decision to allow Roy Carroll to leave the club on a free transfer.

With Tim Howard as the only experienced goalkeeper on the books at United, it is certain they will sign a big-name shot-stopper this summer.

Other reports are suggesting that a £35 million bid for Gianluigi Buffon may be on the cards, although any move for the Juventus keeper is highly improbable.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
ManU need a goalie like Nick needed a big helping of humble pie.

They are certainly in dire straits for someone who doesn't produce a howler every few matches. But if I were Gigi, what would I have to gain playing for that organization?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I think that Arsenal should buy Sebastien Frey, they will I think
Man Utd. Will probably buy Abbiati

gray

Apr 22, 2003
so Man Utd's plan to pay off their huge debt (I still giggle like a schoolgirl whenever I have the opportunity to mention Man Utd and huge debt in the same sentence :D) by spending 35m pounds on one player...

riiiight :rolleyes:

jaecole

Apr 7, 2005
Richest club in the world to huge debt? Some of this dosen't sound right. They have been tight assed before while the shareholders sucked all the money, how can glazier be any worse :D

I can see them spend quite a bit over the summer and I can see a re-emergence of the great MU unfortunately.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
70 mill for zlatan and now 70 mill for buffon. moggi can clean up and bring in many stars with that. frey, gilardino, cassano, riquelme, essien, chivu, miguel and we'll still have money left over.:D

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Frey is great. STUNNING, that he hasnt played for France yet. I think they are all blind in France football-thingy...

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Everybody is targeting Buffon........y couldn't they get Frey instead? He may not be as good as Buffon, but at least he's a good keeper

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)