'Murica! (67 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

you know what? when even italian television mocks you .... you should really re-think about what you're doing lol

Are dems really gonna make Biden run for a second mandate? don't they really have anyone to offer?
pretty shitty that they’ll run Biden again. There’s way better options there, no clue why they’re sticking with him. I just hope it’s not a way to shove Kamala in there once the elections are over

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
pretty shitty that they’ll run Biden again. There’s way better options there, no clue why they’re sticking with him. I just hope it’s not a way to shove Kamala in there once the elections are over
you mean that Biden is the Trojan Horse to be elected and subbed cause running Kamala directly would never get her elected?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
you mean that Biden is the Trojan Horse to be elected and subbed cause running Kamala directly would never get her elected?
if that was the case, they’d have elected her already. It can’t be denied that Biden’s days could be numbered tho, he is very old. But I think they they’d start rolling him out in a wheelchair before making Kamala president.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, I don’t think I’ll vote Biden because I do think he’s not fit to be president.

but I would absolutely prefer him over trump. The putin sucksucking is revolting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nothing is going to change unless there are significant changes made to the electoral system, such as open primaries, runoffs, or ranked-choice voting.
Partly. I also think the environment is completely different from how people develop their own narratives via social media, the rise of single-issue politics, a complete lack of any credible uniting vision or ideal as a contemporary to the constitution…

So what we get is a GOP that wants to be more George Wallace than Ronald Reagan. And a Democratic Party that neuters out any sharp edges that GOP strategists could use as a weapon, so they end up with a milquetoast senile grandfather with a credible pedigree.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I've never heard that term before, that's what I thought open primaries were tbh. Either way, both would allow for independents a say in things which should help pull us away from bullshit.
Jungle primaries are a thing in west coast states. It’s basically a runoff system, where everybody participates in just one primary and the top 2 go to a runoff regardless of their party affiliation.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Partly. I also think the environment is completely different from how people develop their own narratives via social media, the rise of single-issue politics, a complete lack of any credible uniting vision or ideal as a contemporary to the constitution…

So what we get is a GOP that wants to be more George Wallace than Ronald Reagan. And a Democratic Party that neuters out any sharp edges that GOP strategists could use as a weapon, so they end up with a milquetoast senile grandfather with a credible pedigree.
Jungle primaries are a thing in west coast states. It’s basically a runoff system, where everybody participates in just one primary and the top 2 go to a runoff regardless of their party affiliation.
Add ranked choice on top of that and you have yourself a nice system. That would also solve the above too, or at least mitigate it.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Add ranked choice on top of that and you have yourself a nice system. That would also solve the above too, or at least mitigate it.
Agree in principal but RCV enrollment in NY showed that there will be a lot of chaos early on, which will be meat for right wing “election integrity” folks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 55)