'Murica! (71 Viewers)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
"Paying people to stay home." Just when you think government couldn't get more stupid.

I think they should start paying people to kill themselves as a sacrifice to the climate gods.
Listen to this guy (and I mean the guy off the street, not rest of the stuff):

Many countries have successfully paid there citizens to stay home as much as possible to ease the burden of this disastrous spread, provide key support with the financial and psychological strain of this pandemic. Your government should be doing as much as it can for its people in a time like this.

This should be an absolute no brainer.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Many countries have successfully paid there citizens to stay home as much as possible to ease the burden of this disastrous spread, provide key support with the financial and psychological strain of this pandemic. Your government should be doing as much as it can for its people in a time like this.

With all due respect, you don’t understand this country. I don’t mean that with any disrespect.

- - - Updated - - -

Mathematics and science elude you
I have a B.S. But I appreciate the concern.

Fab Fragment

Dec 22, 2018

Osman, if we started caring for We the People, whats going to happen to all the big corporations and the military industrial complex? Surely, you can't be this hard hearted to deprive the super-duper rich of yet another Ferrari, private jet or a private island !!

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
With all due respect, you don’t understand this country. I don’t mean that with any disrespect.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a B.S. But I appreciate the concern.
Explain what I'm not understanding? The whole purpose of a basic stimulus package in the most time of need is to help its most in need citizenry. Not give said stimulus money to corporate donors? That's brazenly corrupt, by both parties. Whats there to misunderstand on that?

Its really broken system. Its sad it become so par the course with corporate machinery that governs the polarising narratives, that even people being robbed by this shout silly stuff to defend it, with well conditioned talking points.

They managed to make a pandemic that should be dealt with sensibly and urgently, into a heated political circus. Because it suits their special interests and profit margins.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Explain what I'm not understanding? The whole purpose of a basic stimulus package in the most time of need is to help its most in need citizenry. Not give said stimulus money to corporate donors? That's brazenly corrupt, by both parties. Whats there to misunderstand on that?

Its really broken system. Its sad it become so par the course with corporate machinery that governs the polarising narratives, that even people being robbed by this shout silly stuff to defend it, with well conditioned talking points.

They managed to make a pandemic that should be dealt with sensibly and urgently, into a heated political circus. Because it suits their special interests and profit margins.
Generations of propaganda, often from both parties, have convinced people that whatever helps the corporations, helps the people, and you’re a communist if you say otherwise.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

the Lakers managed to get their hands into the stimulus money, what does that tell you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 10, Guests: 51)