'Murica! (49 Viewers)

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
"Efficient government spending" is a funny concept. Would love to see that one come to fruition.

Part of the reason why wages haven't really increased since the 2009 recession is because firms are sitting on cash for a number of reasons. Real wages have most certainly not increased over time, a trend that probably dates back 20 or 30 years, or potentially more. Real wages are wages adjusted for inflation, which is a measure of purchasing power. It's pretty obvious that the powers that be want to hide inflation in any way possible, because the inflation is what allows the government to keep running huge deficits and places upward pressure on stocks and other assets so that Wall Street can keep the derivatives game running. But this obviously hinders the average Joe from being able to save and create wealth for themselves, especially if they have to spend 10% more on paper towels from Wal-Mart year over year.

You say a tax cut for the rich is a "wealth grab." That makes it seem like they stole the money from someone else in the first place. Maybe you could argue that for some, but that wouldn't have been possible without the Fed's artificially low interest rates, IMO.

Edit: Here's an article that explains this premise. https://seekingalpha.com/article/4241942-blame-fed-for-plight-of-average-american
Actually, despite all the propaganda, real wages for nonsupervisory workers are up 4% for the last 3 years and are the their highest level ever. Employment is also at the highest level since 2001. But none of that matters to the left. The only thing that matters is somehow sticking it to the rich who obviously have more than they "deserve".

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Why do all these people even candidate if they drop out after the first few polls anyway. Money-laundering?
They surely know from the start they've got no support?

Last edited:

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Why do all these people even candidate if they drop out after the first few polls anyway. Money-laundering?
They surely know from the start they've got no support?
When there’s no clear front runner anything is possible. Obama was an unknown before Iowa in 2008. Trump had 20% support in a crowded field. All it takes is to convince a few thousand voters in Iowa, or at least that’s how it’s usually been.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
When there’s no clear front runner anything is possible. Obama was an unknown before Iowa in 2008. Trump had 20% support in a crowded field. All it takes is to convince a few thousand voters in Iowa, or at least that’s how it’s usually been.
Also PR?

How else would people everywhere hear about a small-town mayor like Buttigieg. It's either run for president and try to hang in for a while to build some name recognition or murder 5 people and turn the weapon on himself.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
I thought in this case it was always gonna be Biden or Bernie

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
If Bernie wants to win the presidency, he needs to broaden ideologically. He has an outside chance to win the nomination, but branching out is crucial for the general election.

I don't see that ever happening, though. He'll most likely double down, being the old, stubborn commie rat bastard that he is.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Even Trump can understand that Sanders is the easier opponent. Everyone can, except a few deeply confuses Tuz members.
Thats probably what you said in 2016 too.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE="Juliano13, post: 6117192, member: 17157"]If Bernie wants to win the presidency, he needs to broaden ideologically. He has an outside chance to win the nomination, but branching out is crucial for the general election.

I don't see that ever happening, though. He'll most likely double down, being the old, stubborn commie rat bastard that he is.[/QUOTE]
oh yes our current president won cause his moderate stances gave him broad appeal.

stop watching CNN

Last edited:

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Trump and all of his dumb racist followers. Republitards are again on the verge of bankrupting the good ol' USA and no amount of "helicopter" money will save them. Tackling a deadly, potentially pandemic disease with QE is a new level of delusion...
Bernie FTW.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I thought in this case it was always gonna be Biden or Bernie
There was a point where Buttigieg was the front runner in the poles. Warren was there too at some point. In Republican primaries of 2016 Ben Carson was on top at some point. These are just a few examples. Bernie and Biden should’ve been clear front runners but they weren’t. Biden was disappointing in debates early on, and Warren was essentially saying the same things as Bernie without shouting and spitting.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It'll be biden, whether by merit or corruption, he will be the Dem nominee and he will go on to lose to Trump. Dems will be astounded, CNN will once again shamelessly call everyone who didnt vote for him a racist rinse and repeat. There, i called it.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Thats probably what you said in 2016 too.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE="Juliano13, post: 6117192, member: 17157"]If Bernie wants to win the presidency, he needs to broaden ideologically. He has an outside chance to win the nomination, but branching out is crucial for the general election.

I don't see that ever happening, though. He'll most likely double down, being the old, stubborn commie rat bastard that he is.
oh yes our current president won cause his moderate stances gave him broad appeal.

stop watching CNN[/QUOTE]

Ok, I'll bite. I am really curious what's going on in that very limited brain of yours.

So broad appeal is not good. Being extreme gives you a better chance? Please, elaborate.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Trump and all of his dumb racist followers. Republitards are again on the verge of bankrupting the good ol' USA and no amount of "helicopter" money will save them. Tackling a deadly, potentially pandemic disease with QE is a new level of delusion...

Bernie FTW.
:lol:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Ok, I'll bite. I am really curious what's going on in that very limited brain of yours.

So broad appeal is not good. Being extreme gives you a better chance? Please, elaborate.
Its pretty simple, i referred you to the previous election which did not follow any of the "rules" you have been claiming are obvious. The conventional wisdom you are spouting as fact quite clearly did not ring true when freakin donald trump, the most controversial and divisive candidate in modern history became president despite running against a fairly centrist corporate shoe in from a political dynasty. its pretty obvious the current climate is not as reflective of those conventional rules as you think or the DNC would like its voters to think.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Its pretty simple, i referred you to the previous election which did not follow any of the "rules" you have been claiming are obvious. The conventional wisdom you are spouting as fact quite clearly did not ring true when freakin donald trump, the most controversial and divisive candidate in modern history became president despite running against a fairly centrist corporate shoe in from a political dynasty. its pretty obvious the current climate is not as reflective of those conventional rules as you think or the DNC would like its voters to think.
Ok, but what is your take on that? What's your explanation for why Trump won and what is the best strategy for this election?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 42)