'Murica! (56 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Good idea! Maybe, in addition other types of demographics should be considered as limiting factors as well.
Other demographics eh. :lol:

As well as barring ancient seniors, I also don’t think people under the age of about 35 should be making government policy either. Frankly absurd to see a 28 year old nincompoop like AOC in Congress, with how little life experience she has.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

As well as barring ancient seniors, I also don’t think people under the age of about 35 should be making government policy either. Frankly absurd to see a 28 year old nincompoop like AOC in Congress, with how little life experience she has.
how old was Alexander the Great?
Exactly.

now we have Alexandria the Great!

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Lyndon Johnson was 28 years old when he was first elected to congress. He went on to become a political genius. I don't think there should be a age limit for public service. If somebody's a bad policy maker then there's always something called election.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Lyndon Johnson was 28 years old when he was first elected to congress. He went on to become a political genius. I don't think there should be a age limit for public service. If somebody's a bad policy maker then there's always something called election.
Johnson would have become so regardless of getting elected at 28 or 35. I think young people could gain some experience in lower level politics before running for major office on the federal landscape. House of Reps you could argue for being part of that lower level, but I definitely wouldn't want to see someone that young and inexperience in the senate or presidency, and same deal conversely with 70+ year olds... regardless of how sharp they are for that age, some mental decline and senility has set in.

On the "there's always something called election"... that's only true where districts don't automatically go dem/rep regardless of candidate.

Anyways, it's just my personal opinion that people who close to zero political or adult life experience shouldn't be getting elected to congress/the presidency/governorships, and should have to gain some experience first.

- - - Updated - - -

how old was Alexander the Great?
Exactly.

now we have Alexandria the Great!
Good example. An inherited throne 2300 years ago... ;)

Do you actually like AOC? :shifty:

Apr 29, 2006
“They didn’t help us in the second World War, they didn’t help us with Normandy for example...”
President Donald Trump about the Kurds.

:marc:

Saudi Arabia should feel very safe now, everyone remembers their camels at Normady.

Also Germany weren't very helpful either. Bulgaria as well, even if its just for the record...:haha:

PP: What were the Kurds doing when Amurica was fighting for its independence from the 'special partner' Great Britain? Not helping, I guess!

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
President Donald Trump about the Kurds.

:marc:

Saudi Arabia should feel very safe now, everyone remembers their camels at Normady.

Also Germany weren't very helpful either. Bulgaria as well, even if its just for the record...:haha:

PP: What were the Kurds doing when Amurica was fighting for its independence from the 'special partner' Great Britain? Not helping, I guess!
I mean he’s not wrong

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 11, Guests: 40)