'Murica! (46 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Nah that argument went out of the window when he signed the travel ban, and tried to sabotage Obamacare. You can't pick and choose when to respect the law.
:agree:
Then again, since when do Trump's flunkies care about consistency?

- - - Updated - - -

You're thinking of attorney client privilege? Doesn't apply when you're talking in general terms and it's impossible to find out which people I'm talking about.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk
Are you sure about that? ;)

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
The right wing populist are only using illegal immigrants as a venting tool for the working class of America, if the Democrats and the old GOP wants to do soemthing about Trump and his politics; it's tiem to take a hard look in the mirror.

Inequality is extreme in America, Social Mobility very low, the American Dream is dead for the working class, Democracy suffering under lobbyism and money currents. Back in the day hard work was the creator of dreams, not so much anymore (despite so numbnuts still believing it); education, controlled immigration, and increased equality are tools to handle populism. Oh and reform the political and financial systems - 'Trickle down economics' is a trick, only the rich gets richer.

Globalism have benefitted the few, not the many and in this "truth" lies the answer to Trumps success and the Democrats blind spot. Populism is a fundamental criticism of the existing system, so voters will vote for whomever wants to change the system, despite him being a complete asshole.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
First Lady wearing a "I really don't care do U?" jacket in a trip to Texas probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, but it's really really stupid.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Both parties are dead. The mainstream aspect of both are out of touch.

First Lady wearing a "I really don't care do U?" jacket in a trip to Texas probably doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, but it's really really stupid.
I had to do a double take when I first read this. Obviously it's nothing, but how can you truly be that stupid to not realize?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Both parties are dead. The mainstream aspect of both are out of touch.

I had to do a double take when I first read this. Obviously it's nothing, but how can you truly be that stupid to not realize?
She's that stupid because she isn't equipped to be the First Lady.

As crazy as it sounds and as unlikeable as she is, I think she's a force of good in all this mess.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
She's that stupid because she isn't equipped to be the First Lady.

As crazy as it sounds and as unlikeable as she is, I think she's a force of good in all this mess.

But not even an aide or anyone she deals with can be like "oh hey, maybe you should rethink your outfit."

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I have no problem with her being detained, but I'd suggest expediting the process once her mother brought her ID and documents. 2 weeks detainment for an accidental border crossing is a little ridiculous.
What if she needed to be vetted first? Make sure shes not on some criminal terrorist database? Since neither you nor i know exactly what their protocol is it would be unwise to criticize for the sake of criticizing. Also i don't buy her story of her not knowing where she was going, you don't just wander off in the middle of nowhere alone.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
What if she needed to be vetted first? Make sure shes not on some criminal terrorist database? Since neither you nor i know exactly what their protocol is it would be unwise to criticize for the sake of criticizing. Also i don't buy her story of her not knowing where she was going, you don't just wander off in the middle of nowhere alone.
I don't mind her story. I know that area. It'd be super easy to go for a jog and cross the border, if you did not know the border was right there. It's not particularly well-marked. Regardless, she was stupid. It's a pretty good idea to know the location of the border, if you're jogging south from White Rock.

I don't know how it takes 2 weeks for her to be vetted once they had her documents. She is a French national. Her mother is Canadian. It would be nice if they expedited such situations where no crime has been committed, and it's a clear mistake, I mean she was out jogging, it's not as if she had a big backpack with half her belongings.

Regardless, it's a fair point you made, as I have no idea what the process is, so even if I think it's a long time, perhaps the timing is reasonable. :tup:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 32)