'Murica! (64 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
My idiocy is paying off for me, which is the whole point. I'm making bank because of Trump, and what I thought would occur is coming to fruition. Regulations in my industry are being curtailed massively, my investments are doing very well, and none of the allegations against the guy have come true either (which is because they were unfounded to begin with, like the Russia stuff). I must say, I'm very pleased.

But... good luck to you and your EU. I wish you the best. :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

Is it really? How many people have corporations killed compared to governments? Can you find the figures for me?

- - - Updated - - -

And Andries, RE: your signature -- :D Obama couldn't even hold a candle to how Trump is handling the Korean peninsula. He's done a god job, but the media won't tell you that. Even Obama couldn't make any headway there.

By default, Trump should win the Nobel Prize already if Obama's is legitimate.

Oh, Andy.. Andy, Andy, Andy... Your dictator got outwitted by another dictator. And not a very smart dictator either. We all knew they were playing Trump like a fool and now we have proof.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/12/...-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region

Trump made a huge concession — the suspension of military exercises with South Korea. That’s on top of the broader concession of the summit meeting itself, security guarantees he gave North Korea and the legitimacy that the summit provides his counterpart, Kim Jong-un.

Within North Korea, the “very special bond” that Trump claimed to have formed with Kim will be portrayed this way: Kim forced the American president, through his nuclear and missile tests, to accept North Korea as a nuclear equal, to provide security guarantees to North Korea, and to cancel war games with South Korea that the North has protested for decades.

In exchange for these concessions, Trump seems to have won astonishingly little. In a joint statement, Kim merely “reaffirmed” the same commitment to denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula that North Korea has repeatedly made since 1992.
The NY Times is spot on. And it's not just within North Korea that Kim looks good. Trump just gave him some credibility by negotiating with him. And what did he get in return? A completely meaningless promise that was apparently already made. Wow. What a deal. That's what you get when you don't fucking prepare for such meetings I guess.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Treats his closest ally as an enemy, treats an enemy as an ally.

Trump foreign policy 2018.

Trump said you could build nice hotels on the beaches of North Korea. I wonder if he had someone in mind to build those hotels.

And some people think this guy is working hard to improve the life of the average Joe. How fucking dumb can any one person be? I can't believe how so much stupidity can be concentrated in one brain.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
The White House actually produced a short propaganda movie/mock trailer starring Trump and Kim, for the Trump-Kim conference and played it for the press before Trump came out to announce the the results of his meeting with Kim-Jong Un. Apparently he played it for Kim during their meeting, and then decided it was so good that the press should see it too.

A Destiny Pictures Production :rofl:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/06/white-house-donald-trump-kim-jong-un-trailer

So much cringe. :rofl:
@Fr3sh @Seven @DAiDEViL @Maddy @Ronn @GordoDeCentral @Enron

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
trump is a simple merchant and probably thinks that north korea is a market opportunity :beppe2: there's no other explanation to what he recently did (basically telling the g7 to piss off and bend over before kim a couple of days later).

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
The White House actually produced a short propaganda movie/mock trailer starring Trump and Kim, for the Trump-Kim conference and played it for the press before Trump came out to announce the the results of his meeting with Kim-Jong Un. Apparently he played it for Kim during their meeting, and then decided it was so good that the press should see it too.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/06/white-house-donald-trump-kim-jong-un-trailer

Is this real? Like real real? What the fuck did I just watch!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Maybe the thought was that Kim would be able to relate to cheesy propaganda? :boh:
Apparently it was played in Korean language for the reporters assembled the first time, so many thought it was a North Korean propaganda video at first. Then they looped it back and played it in English. And then Trump appeared to say "I hope you liked it. I thought it was good. I think he (Kim) loved it." :lol:

Strange new reality we live in.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Agreed was bizarre to watch.

Im imagining someone naively thinking that sort of grandiose video might play over well or at least seem familiar to north koreans but kim himself? The guy was raised in switzerland, watches western media surely he wasnt won over by it? Or did they just think trump would like it?

I am trying to wrap my head around the thought process of whatever media team put that together....like i saud earlier...gave me vibes of scientology productions :p

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
North Korea is a regime build on propaganda and manipulation; let's show them a commercial to impress them. Trump and his administration are fucking out of depth. Kim played him again.

Seriously it's absurd. Look at how he treats his allies.

- - - Updated - - -

What does it say about Trump, that he "lost" to this guy.

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
You still haven't given up on him?
Yeah, it's clear this has little to do with politics, and everything to do with confirmation and tribalism. Reasoning with Bjerknes is a self-confirming project.

Bjerknes is a man consumed by hate and fear. I bet you he would prefer the right dictator to the wrong president.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Yeah, it's clear this has little to do with politics, and everything to do with confirmation and tribalism. Reasoning with Bjerknes is a self-confirming project.

Bjerknes is a man consumed by hate and fear. I bet you he would prefer the right dictator to the wrong president.
Shouldn't we all prefer that? I'd choose someone like LKY over someone like Trump 10 times out of 10

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

Of course. He's been reporting for concentration camp duty since day one.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

Vomit inducing

trump is a simple merchant and probably thinks that north korea is a market opportunity :beppe2: there's no other explanation to what he recently did (basically telling the g7 to piss off and bend over before kim a couple of days later).
Trump is about exposure and to a greater extent legacy at this point, keeping your allies happy doesn't get you on history books, basically he's got absolutely no care in the world for anyone except himself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 48)