'Murica! (98 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yes the result was the same,the motives were not. Hello!
how do you even know their motives?

also, the results were not the same. The two officers shot by the black dude are expected to make a full recovery, this other officer died

- - - Updated - - -

Trump’s ICE camps seem to be taking cues from China’s Uyghur camps. Performing hysterectomies on women and treating the people there like animals.

https://www.newsweek.com/aoc-us-must-atone-rights-violations-ice-whistleblower-1531930

Juventus 32

May 18, 2014
I don't ,even the police doesn't! According to them this was a unprovoked attack! That's the worring thing,especially in this time when the cops are portrayed as "the bad guys",mabye the moron who shot thinks he's a hero!

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
You’re such a troll lol

And you clearly understand next to zero about forest fire management and the varying impacts of climate change/resource extraction/forest mismanagement.

But find an article that you can construe to blame democrats and Obama and exculpatory Trump and you jump for joy.

Maybe do some actual research of the issue for once instead of click bait.
triggered are ya? I didn't even comment on it, I posted a link for people to read.

In any case, I'm already onto my next article:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article245723690.html

- - - Updated - - -

FYI the Clean Air Act was wayyyyy before your boy Hussein.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
triggered are ya? I didn't even comment on it, I posted a link for people to read.

In any case, I'm already onto my next article:

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article245723690.html
Triggered, nah. Disappointed that you are so obliviously hyper-partisan on every single issue. The exact same thing you endlessly whine about the democrats and media being :p

There are 120 million plus dead trees in California from the effects of climate change (and again, as a disclaimer, I don’t believe climate change is exclusively human driven, but it’s very obvious human activities are exacerbating it), drought, rising heat, etc. The logging industry should also be part and parcel of any solution as their unregulated practices for decades are a large part of how we have ended up here.

And the state of California under Brown in 17-18 already earmarked 1 billion plus for forest management, streamlined regulations for thinning forests in fire zones, and removing dead wood and other fire fuel in state managed forests.

Meanwhile in the 57% of California forests that are managed by the federal government, crickets, and the Trump admin tried to slash the US forest service budget by 1 billion just last year.

This is a complex, multifaceted issue that needs a little more nuance to the solution than just “hurr durr controlled burns will solved everything, democrats evil because of clean air.” And it’s been mismanaged for the last couple decades by everyone involved, republicans, democrats, etc, and this mismanagement is made worse by the effects of climate change. And rather than playing petty politics, Trump and Newsom should shut the fuck up and actually put solutions into place. So far, I see California at least trying to do something, while the feds are still just playing the blame game.

Last edited:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Triggered, nah. Disappointed that you are so obliviously hyper-partisan on every single issue. The exact same thing you endlessly whine about the democrats and media being :p

There are 120 million plus dead trees in California from the effects of climate change (and again, as a disclaimer, I don’t believe climate change is exclusively human driven, but it’s very obvious human activities are exacerbating it), drought, rising heat, etc. The logging industry should also be part and parcel of any solution as their unregulated practices for decades are a large part of how we have ended up here.

And the state of California under Brown in 17-18 already earmarked 1 billion plus for forest management, streamlined regulations for thinning forests in fire zones, and removing dead wood and other fire fuel in state managed forests.

Meanwhile in the 57% of California forests that are managed by the federal government, crickets, and the Trump admin tried to slash the US forest service budget by 1 billion just last year.

This is a complex, multifaceted issue that needs a little more nuance to the solution than just “hurr durr controlled burns will solved everything, democrats evil because of clean air.” And it’s been mismanaged for the last couple decades by everyone involved, republicans, democrats, etc, and this mismanagement is made worse by the effects of climate change. And rather than playing petty politics, Trump and Newsom should shut the fuck up and actually put solutions into place. So far, I see California at least trying to do something, while the feds are still just playing the blame game.
Isn't that part of the "controlled burning" part of preventing fires? The point of the article is that current laws make it much harder to take preventative actions.

- - - Updated - - -

The article even acknowledged it wasn't the "silver bullet" solution but a necessary hurdle that needs to be overcome. Sure you can blame climate change for part of it but you can also blame mankind of its stubbornness to tackle the issue without making it partisan which is basically impossible anymore in California.

- - - Updated - - -

And Life in Prison for arsonists caught starting a forest fire.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Isn't that part of the "controlled burning" part of preventing fires? The point of the article is that current laws make it much harder to take preventative actions.
Controlled burns are part and parcel of any solution. Not the entire solution. Various forest situations require various practices for management. Add to that, scaling up to the sort of controlled burns required just isn’t possible (controlled burns already happen in the western states), the manpower and the money are not there for that scale of forest management, and the federal government under Trump slashing budgets for the management of majority of west Coast forests makes this even worse.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...fight-over-climate-change-before-trumps-visit

Dealing with the human practices that exacerbate climate change and desertification on the west coast is a huge part of any long term solution to this issue.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Prescribed burns are only a small part of the problem. We do them in Utah but BLM and USFS are two different agencies with very different budgets. But that’s really only part of the problem and you can’t burn everywhere. A lot of fuel removal comes down to sending in guys to cut shit down and pull it out. Selective cuts and hazardous fuel removal can be reall beneficial in the wildland urban interface. Fuel loads have been a problem since the early 2000s but not so much before then. I think fire size and frequency has grown steadily since around 2005. So to blame an act from 1963 is pretty silly.

it’s about managing our natural resources which haven’t been a priority for the last couple of decades.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Controlled burns are part and parcel of any solution. Not the entire solution. Various forest situations require various practices for management. Add to that, scaling up to the sort of controlled burns required just isn’t possible (controlled burns already happen in the western states), and the federal government under Trump slashing budgets for the management of majority of west Coast forests makes this even worse.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politic...fight-over-climate-change-before-trumps-visit
Which has been acknowledged by myself and the article you didn't like :grin:

Lets see how the budget requests change after this round of fires. Or at the very least some positive policy changes.

- - - Updated - - -

Prescribed burns are only a small part of the problem. We do them in Utah but BLM and USFS are two different agencies with very different budgets. But that’s really only part of the problem and you can’t burn everywhere. A lot of fuel removal comes down to sending in guys to cut shit down and pull it out. Selective cuts and hazardous fuel removal can be reall beneficial in the wildland urban interface. Fuel loads have been a problem since the early 2000s but not so much before then. I think fire size and frequency has grown steadily since around 2005. So to blame an act from 1963 is pretty silly.

it’s about managing our natural resources which haven’t been a priority for the last couple of decades.
When you say hazardous fuel removal I'm assuming that's deadwood, etc that needs to burn out?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

The article even acknowledged it wasn't the "silver bullet" solution but a necessary hurdle that needs to be overcome. Sure you can blame climate change for part of it but you can also blame mankind of its stubbornness to tackle the issue without making it partisan which is basically impossible anymore in California.

- - - Updated - - -

And Life in Prison for arsonists caught starting a forest fire.
That’s not really a California issue with so much of the land managed by the federal government. Most western states are beneficiaries of musy so their lands are under the management of feds. Which is great because so many can use it but sucks right now cause it’s hard to manage so much

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

Lets see how the budget requests change after this round of fires. Or at the very least some positive policy changes.

- - - Updated - - -

When you say hazardous fuel removal I'm assuming that's deadwood, etc that needs to burn out?
yeah, you can also physically remove it and turn it into mulch, paper, cardboard etc.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

:tup:

Unregulated logging and poor management of reforestation (especially with forest biodiversity in mind) has created a huge part of this problem. And that goes far beyond simple republican vs Democrat ideology debates, or blaming the clean air act and other regulations lol.

We would not be in this place currently if natural resource extraction had been properly managed and regulated in the past.

Nor is it simple or cheap to do large scale controlled burning and other forest thinning.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
yeah, you can also physically remove it and turn it into mulch, paper, cardboard etc.
But what about the remote areas where getting that kind of machinery to is nearly impossible? Only solution is to burn it, right? Not much else you can do if you can't get the equipment there.

- - - Updated - - -

Unregulated logging and poor management of reforestation (especially with forest biodiversity in mind) has created a huge part of this problem. And that goes far beyond simple republican vs Democrat ideology debates, or blaming the clean air act and other regulations lol.

We would not be in this place currently if natural resource extraction had been properly managed and regulated in the past.

Nor is it simple or cheap to due large scale controlled burning and other forest thinning.
But it's still part of the issue.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

- - - Updated - - -

to the last part, not everything can be removed with controlled burns. Lots of forest thinning and deadwood removal has to occur manually as there are large areas where, due to a variety of reasons, controlled burns can’t happen, the danger of them getting out of control is to high.

As well, a large number of fires are happening in grasslands and coastal chaparral now... which is an entirely different beast, and Quite difficult to manage.

- - - Updated - - -

But what about the remote areas where getting that kind of machinery to is nearly impossible? Only solution is to burn it, right? Not much else you can do if you can't get the equipment there.

- - - Updated - - -

But it's still part of the issue.
You also have to get the equipment and manpower there to keep those “controlled burns” under control. Which is much more difficult and costly than that article and others I have seen imply.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

to the last part, not everything can be removed with controlled burns. Lots of forest thinning and deadwood removal has to occur manually as there are large areas where, due to a variety of reasons, controlled burns can’t happen, the danger of them getting out of control is to high.

As well, a large number of fires are happening in grasslands and coastal chaparral now... which is an entirely different beast, and Quite difficult to manage.

- - - Updated - - -

You also have to get the equipment and manpower there to keep those “controlled burns” under control. Which is much more difficult and costly than that article and others I have seen imply.
See, I might be set in my ways but I still learn a lot from you nerds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 97)