'Murica! (60 Viewers)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
wonder why he doesn’t re-examine the tax exemption status of churches he gave 1.4 billion to? It’s not like they’re teaching anything better than what schools are. Oh wait, the conservatives have a high following of people that believe in sky man. That’s definitely good education there.
He also gave more than $10 billion in federal coronavirus relief to Trump-admin connected lobbyists. No wonder he had to fire those responsible for oversight of this aid and who it went to, and refused to allow congress to be part of determining who it went to. :lol:

But I guess he got his name on those pretty little checks to the working class. :boh:

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
wonder why he doesn’t re-examine the tax exemption status of churches he gave 1.4 billion to? It’s not like they’re teaching anything better than what schools are. Oh wait, the conservatives have a high following of people that believe in sky man. That’s definitely good education there.
Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yes, I can choose who to give my money to. I don't know what shithole you live in but in America we get to do that. It's civil, effective, and intelligent :numnum:
In this case it's just petty and won't accomplish anything except shaming that company and others into silence.

Ben & Jerry's is on that SJW BS, but they've still got some good ass ice cream :p

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
In this case it's just petty and won't accomplish anything except shaming that company and others into silence.

Ben & Jerry's is on that SJW BS, but they've still got some good ass ice cream :p
Is it petty, or is it simply freedom?

it’s the same as if you bought stuff from a company that donates part of their profits to a cause you favor, like planting trees or something

not only is it fair, it’s capitalism

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Is it petty, or is it simply freedom?

it’s the same as if you bought stuff from a company that donates part of their profits to a cause you favor, like planting trees or something

not only is it fair, it’s capitalism
It's fair but its laughable that people want to destroy people's business because they support a president they dont like

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

That's the point of calling to boycott them as far as I can see. It's like boycotting NFL because someone took a knee. You can choose where to spend your money.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Yes, I can choose who to give my money to. I don't know what shithole you live in but in America we get to do that. It's civil, effective, and intelligent :numnum:
civil yes, effective and intelligent absolutely no

Also it's funny that the aggressive left get baited by words and don't care about actions, like get upset about a corp speaking for Trump and ignore when corps have literal slave labor in africa going on. The only important thing for them is that [BRAND] posts BLACK SQUARE on BLACK SQUARE TUESDAY

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
It's fair but its laughable that people want to destroy people's business because they support a president they dont like
I'm not obliged to keep their business alive. If I have alternatives, I will switch.

- - - Updated - - -

civil yes, effective and intelligent absolutely no

Also it's funny that the aggressive left get baited by words and don't care about actions, like get upset about a corp speaking for Trump and ignore when corps have literal slave labor in africa going on. The most important thing for them is that [BRAND] posts BLACK SQUARE on BLACK SQUARE TUESDAY
It's been shown to be more effective even than marching in the streets sometimes. Low cost, high payoff = intelligent. And if it's neither, then why cry?

The second part of your post, my god, at least wait for a couple of pages after preaching about whataboutism to write that.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Goya will be fine, a lot of people don’t eat at chick fil a or shop at hobby lobby because they hate gay people and support the president

a lot of people stopped watching the nfl because black people took a knee

a lot of people stopped watching Disney when Ellen degeneress came out

chick fil a, hobby lobby, the nfl and disney all exist today

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Goya will be fine, a lot of people don’t eat at chick fil a or shop at hobby lobby because they hate gay people and support the president

Chick fil a is a staple in business classes' case studies. They were boycotted and "buycotted" at the same time, and the net outcome was in favor of Chick fil a.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's the point of calling to boycott them as far as I can see. It's like boycotting NFL because someone took a knee. You can choose where to spend your money.
Yes, those people are just as laughable

I'm not obliged to keep their business alive. If I have alternatives, I will switch.
Nobody says you're obliged to, but we're allowed to laugh about it, right? :p

There's also a difference between you boycotting on your own and you campaigning on Twitter for others to boycott

in an alternate universe a left wing Hustini posted a link on a football forum laughing at those people too

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004

There's also a difference between you boycotting on your own and you campaigning on Twitter for others to boycott

in an alternate universe a left wing Hustini posted a link on a football forum laughing at those people too
You can laugh all you want :grin:

For boycotts to be effective they have to have enough people on board. As long as they are not forcing others to join, boycotts function by mobilizing people.

In an alternate universe, any patriotic American who truly cared for freedom would object to this:

"Many United States states are using anti-boycott laws and executive orders to punish companies that refuse to do business with illegal Israeli settlements in the West Bank, Human Rights Watch said today. More than 250 million Americans, some 78 percent of the population, live in states with anti-boycott laws or policies."

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

it’s perfectly reasonable to spend your money where you want, whatever the reason

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 40)