'Murica! (123 Viewers)

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Because it seems so insane that as of yet nothing has happened. The things Trump says, the things he does.. I don't understand that he is still president.
He cannot be indicted by the DoJ, so this won't have any legal binding on Trump himself. His base doesn't care and the Democrats couldn't hate him more than they already do. This will play a significant part in the minds of independent voters which could change the outcome of the midterms and the 2020 elections. With a Democratic senate and house, impeachment could be a viable option but as it stands the GOP is so spineless that they will ignore everything.
I will only celebrate when this clown and his theocrat vice president leave the White House, not before.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
What do these convictions of Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen actually mean for Donald Trump now? Besides proving that that 'Murica elected the worst person on Earth to be their president?

My God, its been, what, 2 years since tgis human sack of ball hair got elected, and i still cant wrap my head arround the fact that Donald fucking Trump is POTUS.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You believe the things Trump says? :shifty:

When our dollar is strong, of course people cross the border to shop and try to avoid paying any duties. Happens with booze a lot too, because alcohol (including Canadian produced) is taxed to a crazy degree here.

On the other hand, well over a million Americans (5 mil in the article below) are estimated to be buying prescription drugs in Canada, and "smuggling" them into the US (technically illegal, but apparently customs looks the other way) because most lower class Americans can't afford the absurd prices of said drugs in the US.

I wonder why Trump doesn't talk about this :mut:

https://www.cnbc.com/2014/05/23/patients-cross-borders-for-online-deals-on-medications.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/mar/01/prescription-drugs-costs-us-import-canada

And it's only getting worse as Trump deregulates and allows big Pharma to do whatever they want.

Pharmaceutical industry spent $277m last year on lobbying.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
What do these convictions of Paul Manafort and Michael Cohen actually mean for Donald Trump now? Besides proving that that 'Murica elected the worst person on Earth to be their president?

My God, its been, what, 2 years since tgis human sack of ball hair got elected, and i still cant wrap my head arround the fact that Donald fucking Trump is POTUS.
Paul Manafort: He got caught in the "russia/collusion investigation" with Mueller. Through the investigation, Mueller found malice in his past financial transactions so Mueller's team passed that on to the US Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York to handle that case separately for criminal charges which is what you saw yesterday. Mueller said its out of his purview for the case he is working on (Russia collusion, etc) and simply passed those charges/evidence on to that US Attorney's office. Manafort decided to fight all the charges which is why you see the prosecutor going after the full 305 year max sentence. He was unwilling to settle for a smaller sentence in return for giving something to the prosecution. He wanted to fight all the charges.

Michael Cohen: Also fell into the net of Mueller's investigation but since he was Trump's personal lawyer he was threatened with max sentence for his own financial crimes but offered a reduced sentence if given the opportunity to produce evidence/tapes/paperwork on Trump which is why you saw yesterday he pleaded guilty of financial crimes and crimes of campaign finance violations per the request of the "candidate". In an effort to get reduced sentence, he caved to the prosecution claiming he is willing to "sing" as they say in court against the guy they want to go down...Trump.

Make sense? Its a hairy cluster fuck and that's how I understand it all in a cliff notes version. Maybe someone else following it more closely can elaborate or correct me if I'm wrong.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I find it odd that it is legal for Michael Cohen to desperately try to save his own ass through providing testimony against Trump for things Trump asked him to do while they were Attorney and Client. I guess its legal but it seems like something that shouldn't be.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
I find it odd that it is legal for Michael Cohen to desperately try to save his own ass through providing testimony against Trump for things Trump asked him to do while they were Attorney and Client. I guess its legal but it seems like something that shouldn't be.
I don’t think pay offs are covered under attorney client privilege. Usually covers confessions, info, etc. Not committing felonies, treason, etc.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I don’t think pay offs are covered under attorney client privilege. Usually covers confessions, info, etc. Not committing felonies, treason, etc.
Would love to see trump burn but generally when youre an individual coming up against the power and resources of the state, short of confessing having a live victim in your vuctim in your trunk who will die without intervention, i think you should be able to trust an attorney a little bit more.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Would love to see trump burn but generally when youre an individual coming up against the power and resources of the state, short of confessing having a live victim in your vuctim in your trunk who will die without intervention, i think you should be able to trust an attorney a little bit more.
Nah man. If you commit a federal crime in coordination with your attorney, and he gets banned for it, there shouldn't be anything preventing him for naming accomplices. Attorney-client privilege shouldn't cover committing felonies with your attorney at all. :p

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
@Hustini So, if Cohen isnt bluffing this, then there is a chance that in the very near future we might get hard, factual evidence of Trump doing the shady deals with Russia or "The Russia Colussion" as you say it? This would be so funny. If there is any truth in this whole Russia Colussion (which i believe there is) and it gets proven by the judicial system after Cohen provides evidence, tapes or something else, is there a chance that we will see Trump taken out of the White House with cuffs? Cause that would be such a fitting end for this scumbag.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 116)