'Murica! (148 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:tup:

Could have just as well plopped out in a so called shithole country and be fucked from the very beginning with little to no chance to ever lead a life like the average western world citizen.

And the best part is that some Americans will look down on you, because you're from a shithole country. Because, you know, they are superior to you because they exited through the right vagina.

- - - Updated - - -

You’re kind of overreacting here. US is far from being “in shambles”. Also, there’s nothing wrong with being proud of your nationality/nationalities in my case.

Because nationalism never hurt anybody, right?

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I’m sorry, but that’s an absurd argument to me. You can argue everything you have done in life is due to luck or where you were born. Are you proud of your law degree? Well, good luck doing that if you’re born in a slum in India. Proud of the first car you brought? Good luck doing that if you’re born in a diamond mining country in Africa. You can’t be proud of anything at that point.

And what does nationalism hurting people in the past have anything to do with pride for your country? It doesn’t mean I think less of other people or countries or that I’m going to support a fucking war.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I'd love to hear you say that if you were born in somalia, the point is you can't be proud of something you had no control over, it is great to be American but to be proud of that is like saying I'm proud to have won the lottery. So instead of proud use lucky/fortunate, I'm very fortunate to be American is more like it.
You know nothing about me (pre Tuz join date) or what kind of issues I’ve removed myself from growing up. I’m not Somalian but when you look at the ass backwards people I grew up around in Ohio and compare them to where I am now and where they are, I am pretty happy. I’ve changed my course in life and in my field within a year I will be elite simply because of the training and work experience I will get. There will always be better but I will be able to say those “better” individuals sit in desk right next to mine.

Sure I’m fortunate. But every American here has the same chances I had. Not my fault they were content or didn’t put the effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m sorry, but that’s an absurd argument to me. You can argue everything you have done in life is due to luck or where you were born. Are you proud of your law degree? Well, good luck doing that if you’re born in a slum in India. Proud of the first car you brought? Good luck doing that if you’re born in a diamond mining country in Africa. You can’t be proud of anything at that point.

And what does nationalism hurting people in the past have anything to do with pride for your country? It doesn’t mean I think less of other people or countries or that I’m going to support a fucking war.

Seems like anyone but Americans can love their country. I don’t get it but I don’t care too. Love this place and I don’t see how my love of country hurts other people.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

No. That's a false analogy. I did study for my law degree and it is something I personally did. Being born somewhere is not an achievement.

Also, if a Somali refugee were to obtain the same degree I did, I'd definitely acknowledge his achievement was significantly bigger.

If you can't see how national pride and nationalism relate, this is going to difficult for you to grasp though.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
You know nothing about me (pre Tuz join date) or what kind of issues I’ve removed myself from growing up. I’m not Somalian but when you look at the ass backwards people I grew up around in Ohio and compare them to where I am now and where they are, I am pretty happy. I’ve changed my course in life and in my field within a year I will be elite simply because of the training and work experience I will get. There will always be better but I will be able to say those “better” individuals sit in desk right next to mine.

Sure I’m fortunate. But every American here has the same chances I had. Not my fault they were content or didn’t put the effort in.

- - - Updated - - -

Seems like anyone but Americans can move their country. I don’t get it but I don’t care too. Love this place and I don’t see how my love of country hurts other people.
Loving your country is fine. I'm rather fond of America too. Just like I am fond of Italy, Belgium and Canada.

I don't take pride in being Belgian though, because it simply so happened that I was born here.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Don't care.

Love being American. "This close" to achieving my dream. When I do, I'll remind folks here just how fucking GOOD the American dream is. Love it. Hate it. I'm going for it. Only country in the world I can do what I'm about to accomplish. Not even 40 yet...

V/R,
The Hust.

PS: Achieving my goals is my personal achievement.
Just curious, what is it that allows you to achieve what you are in America, that other countries don't have?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Just curious, what is it that allows you to achieve what you are in America, that other countries don't have?
Who I will work for, for starters. Two jobs that i currently have no other country has or will ever have.

Those were my goals/dreams for over a decade. Now the goal is completed. I’m happy because it’s a dream come true...for me...on an individual level. That’s what you folks don’t seem to get. The “dream” is different for everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

There are multiple ways to achieve it, maybe that’s another example that other countries don’t have. The extent of options to do my particular field of interest.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Who I will work for, for starters. Two jobs that i currently have no other country has or will ever have.

Those were my goals/dreams for over a decade. Now the goal is completed. I’m happy because it’s a dream come true...for me...on an individual level. That’s what you folks don’t seem to get. The “dream” is different for everyone.
I see. So it's a specific job and company that exists in America.

Just wanted to understand what exactly is the American dream.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I see. So it's a specific job and company that exists in America.

Just wanted to understand what exactly is the American dream.
Yep. That’s part of it, that’s why I said “for starters”...as in, there is more but to primarily answer your question that’s the just of it. I see you tried to corner me, and that’s fine, but what I refer too is only available here. Like I said, you guys can think me or ALC are full of shit, we don’t really care. Everyone has their own dreams...maybe ALC’s dreams can be achieved in Belgium, Somalia or Trinidad but my specific ones are actually US specific.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Yep. That’s part of it, that’s why I said “for starters”...as in, there is more but to primarily answer your question that’s the just of it. I see you tried to corner me, and that’s fine, but what I refer too is only available here. Like I said, you guys can think me or ALC are full of shit, we don’t really care. Everyone has their own dreams...maybe ALC’s dreams can be achieved in Belgium, Somalia or Trinidad but my specific ones ar actually US specific.
I didn't try to corner you. I was truly just wondering what made the US exceptional in that respect.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002

Go for it Cam :tup: I'm proud of you for taking control of your own destiny, as you should be too. But As others mentionned, tho national pride has it place sometimes, I'm not entirely sure how it relates to your own particular circusmtances (its your own hard work, no one takes credit for it, as you shouldnt for someone elses) or America in general, even if entrepreneurial opportunities may be more plenty there for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

How many countries have you lived in or visited to be that firm in your conclusion?

Your line of work/acheivement/possibility is not doable ANYWHERE else?

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Go for it Cam :tup: I'm proud of you for taking control of your own destiny, as you should be too. But As others mentionned, tho national pride makes sense sometimes, I'm not entirely sure how it relates to your own particular circusmtances (its your own hard work, no one takes credit for it, as you shouldnt for someone elses) or America in general, even if opportunities may be more plenty there.
Thank you. I sincerely mean no malice here but despite here is a thread to bash my country which sure a lot is justified but I’m here to say I like it here. My life and those around me aren’t in shambles like some suggest our country is.

My national pride is specific to my circumstance it’s hard to explain. I’m still wondering how anyone thinks that is dangerous. Seven makes it sound like national pride = nationalism = Mussolini or something along those lines.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 142)