'Murica! (37 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Power, knowledge and culture moved east, said fuck it, these knuckle dragging bozos dont deserve us anymore.
Cool statement bro.

But no. Europe went into the shiter for a while. So with things so much more strongly linked on a global scale, you might want to rethink on who here has the hubris.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This is my worst nightmare. I've been fighting with family members all day, I don't even give a shit anymore. I have 0 faith in this country at the moment.
Chill, young padawan. Ain't nothing gonna happen, we're still America. It might be easy to forget but this is still one of the most prosperous, successful, and innovative places in the world. We have our fair share of idiots but we also have an even more impressive share of geniuses, scientists, and entrepreneurs. We'll be a-okay.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
As I've said all along, this election's main driving force has been the anti-establishment movement. Michael Moore was indeed correct (albeit really late and hanging onto the coattails of the obvious) by claiming the working class is fed up with Republicans and Democrats. Obviously their votes didn't matter beforehand, otherwise Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and the like would have voted as they usually have -- Democrat. So the proof is in the pudding that the Obama administration, the Democratic party, and the Republican party are all worthless. Washington DC has been an utter failure ever since 9/11 and 16 years of two decrepit parties was finally enough to give birth to what we see today. At its core, this is a good movement -- these two parties need to start from scratch, and we need a third party. Anything less after this point would be yet another failure for the nation as a whole, and we don't have time for more of that shit.

I'm very glad this process is over. Trump isn't the best solution for the country, but my hope is that he can prove his detractors wrong by at least doing some good. He can start by reforming the tax code, weeding out some of the corruption between wall street and DC, and not perpetuating the countless foreign entanglements that the Neo-Cons have been pushing for 20 years. Sprinkle in some job creation, and he may not be so bad after all. If Trump turns out to be a nightmare, then everyone should demand he's brought to justice, unlike the Bush voters.

To the folks here, I know it's been hard to get along over the past several months, but it isn't personal. I just want what is best for the country, especially economically. On my local ballot, there were even a couple Democrats I voted for as they actually had solid ideas for small businesses in the area. Unfortunately, they didn't win. But that's what happens, you win some and you lose some. Hopefully we all can return to business as usual on here and have some meaningful discussions in the future. :numnum:

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Don't worry too much bro. He'll be out in 4 years if he's that bad
Chill, young padawan. Ain't nothing gonna happen, we're still America. It might be easy to forget but this is still one of the most prosperous, successful, and innovative places in the world. We have our fair share of idiots but we also have an even more impressive share of geniuses, scientists, and entrepreneurs. We'll be a-okay.
There are POSSIBLY three Supreme Court justices at stake here, goes way beyond 4 years. I also have a great fear that his retarded rhetoric will now push more nations towards the Chinese, irreversibly weakening us. Not to mention, we have a goddamn VP that now thinks that you can cure homosexuality through electrocution and doesn't believe in evolution. Hope the Republicans grow a spine when the necessary times come.

And I don't for one second believe his anti-establishment, anti-Wall Street corruption horse shit. He's one of them. He was born into it and always will be that way.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
2024?. Noone is gonna run against Trump next time and he's gonna win by forfeit.

Don't be blind guys. This nestlings-fascista won this shit against his own party, the entire stablishment in both sides, all big medias and almost every celebrity in the world. Next time he´s gonna have his own space cuz you can bet he is gonna do, like every authoritarian-nationalistic-crazy-bastard had done in the past, everything in his power to ensure next time odds are gonna be with him and against the other guy so... this guy is gonna be president for 8 years, you can bet on it

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
There are POSSIBLY three Supreme Court justices at stake here, goes way beyond 4 years. I also have a great fear that his retarded rhetoric will now push more nations towards the Chinese, irreversibly weakening us. Not to mention, we have a goddamn VP that now thinks that you can cure homosexuality through electrocution and doesn't believe in evolution. Hope the Republicans grow a spine when the necessary times come.

And I don't for one second believe his anti-establishment, anti-Wall Street corruption horse shit. He's one of them. He was born into it and always will be that way.
I can see why those are big concerns but (as I heard others say) the democratic institutions in the US are strong enough not to allow him to fuck things up too much on his own.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
2024?. Noone is gonna run against Trump next time and he's gonna win by forfeit.

Don't be blind guys. This nestlings-fascista won this shit against his own party, the entire stablishment in both sides, all big medias and almost every celebrity in the world. Next time he´s gonna have his own space cuz you can bet he is gonna do, like every authoritarian-nationalistic-crazy-bastard had done in the past, everything in his power to ensure next time odds are gonna be with him and against the other guy so... this guy is gonna be president for 8 years, you can bet on it
You're going to have a VERY mobilized youth vote. Also, who knows what's going to happen in 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

I can see why those are big concerns but (as I heard others say) the democratic institutions in the US are strong enough not to allow him to fuck things up too much on his own.
Republicans have the House and the Senate, and he's going to be picking the Supreme Court now. What's there to stop him?

Not to mention, I genuinely fear for my friends and their families now. Whether or not most of his supporters think he's go through with/agree with all the discriminatory rhetoric, this will definitely embolden certain people in our society to act out against other Americans.

duranfj

Jul 30, 2015
You're going to have a VERY mobilized youth vote. Also, who knows what's going to happen in 4 years.
This guy is gonna use all his powers to ensure his power. Like every neonazy would do. This bastard show us be smarter than a lot of people and actually use a plan, so I expect first-year: settling the base, second-year is gonna do something big to show up to his "people" and the third year he's gonna start to show his true colors.

Look the bright side, this crazy-extremist right wing use to bring economic growth before the craziness begin

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Did I argue any different? :D

But look at the policies Trump, backed by a GOP congress will enact: Trickle down economics, repeal Obamacare, target Gay marriage, abortion, deoprtations (not as many as he promised, but still), repeal existing climate change agreements & blocking any future ones....

Not to mention an incredibly conservative biased supreme court for the next decades.

It won't be the end of the world or the US, but it's going backwards at a rapid pace, and that's not even mentioning the increased international tension and geopolitical problems likely to ensue.
Have you ever considered that you might be wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Just like the Brexit politicians, Trump is excellent at taking potshots at the establishment, but is an utter failure at coming up with viable solutions.
yeah, he's a total failure despite not having even one day in office to show what he can do :lol2:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
As I've said all along, this election's main driving force has been the anti-establishment movement. Michael Moore was indeed correct (albeit really late and hanging onto the coattails of the obvious) by claiming the working class is fed up with Republicans and Democrats. Obviously their votes didn't matter beforehand, otherwise Michigan, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and the like would have voted as they usually have -- Democrat. So the proof is in the pudding that the Obama administration, the Democratic party, and the Republican party are all worthless. Washington DC has been an utter failure ever since 9/11 and 16 years of two decrepit parties was finally enough to give birth to what we see today. At its core, this is a good movement -- these two parties need to start from scratch, and we need a third party. Anything less after this point would be yet another failure for the nation as a whole, and we don't have time for more of that shit.

I'm very glad this process is over. Trump isn't the best solution for the country, but my hope is that he can prove his detractors wrong by at least doing some good. He can start by reforming the tax code, weeding out some of the corruption between wall street and DC, and not perpetuating the countless foreign entanglements that the Neo-Cons have been pushing for 20 years. Sprinkle in some job creation, and he may not be so bad after all. If Trump turns out to be a nightmare, then everyone should demand he's brought to justice, unlike the Bush voters.

To the folks here, I know it's been hard to get along over the past several months, but it isn't personal. I just want what is best for the country, especially economically. On my local ballot, there were even a couple Democrats I voted for as they actually had solid ideas for small businesses in the area. Unfortunately, they didn't win. But that's what happens, you win some and you lose some. Hopefully we all can return to business as usual on here and have some meaningful discussions in the future. :numnum:
:tup:

Agree with everything you said here.

And I sincerely hope Trump surprises me and does a good job as President. I don't see the point in wanting him to fail (and by extension America to suffer) just because I dislike him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)