'Murica! (236 Viewers)

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
I heard that Vancouver in particular is really bad.

Although maybe @Fab Fragment is looking at the wrong city

I left Austin 4 years ago and lost week went back for the first time. The city is almost unrecognizable with so many new buildings and apartment complexes, which helped keep the rents somewhat down comparing to soaring property values. I had to slash the rent on my own property for about 10%. Its value is also down more than 10% comparing to the peak in late 2021.
Long Island, where I live now, is the worst place for renters I’ve ever seen, which is mostly because new developments do not exist, and there’s a massive low and medium income housing shortage getting worse by fucking NIMBYs. Every time a builder attempts to build a large apartment complex there are protests and shit. In my town they managed to stall a project since 1979s.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
I left Austin 4 years ago and lost week went back for the first time. The city is almost unrecognizable with so many new buildings and apartment complexes, which helped keep the rents somewhat down comparing to soaring property values. I had to slash the rent on my own property for about 10%. Its value is also down more than 10% comparing to the peak in late 2021.
Long Island, where I live now, is the worst place for renters I’ve ever seen, which is mostly because new developments do not exist, and there’s a massive low and medium income housing shortage getting worse by fucking NIMBYs. Every time a builder attempts to build a large apartment complex there are protests and shit. In my town they managed to stall a project since 1979s.
Typical Long Island things :touched:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Rome was equal opportunity slavery too.

All you had to do was avoid getting devoured by a lion at AT&T Stadium with all the fans cheering for your death.

I remember when my younger brother moved to Austin around 1991. Back then you still had a lot of cars with bullhorns on the grill. And the houses were a lot of half-built nonsense that got funded by aggressive developers just when the recession hit and they all ran out of money. Austin was a littered graveyard of property developer dreams back then.

Major bridge collapse in Baltimore. Never seen anything like it before.
As Andries would most rightly say too, "That just doesn't happen in Europe." :sarcasm2: Well, unless Putin's drones are involved.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Holy shit, I've been on that bridge many times. Thank goodness it wasn't the Bay Bridge, but still.

- - - Updated - - -

Was probably a dumb Chinaman driving the boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Fucking wild

https://x.com/breaking911/status/1772540601193345184?s=46&t=44zFspkwtn4Oth1i9vk6Xg

- - - Updated - - -

So Baltimore is the third largest port on the east coast. Port is closed indefinitely. Great, more inflation.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020
Apparently, the ship lost power. If only they had slaves rowing, this might not have happened.
Yeah already noticed earlier that you clearly see the lights of the ship going off, so it was a malfunction. Saw a comment somewhere hypothesising a cyberattack in that way, never realised that something like that could potentially happen. Shocking scenes

- - - Updated - - -

As Andries would most rightly say too, "That just doesn't happen in Europe." :sarcasm2: Well, unless Putin's drones are involved.
Genova

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 219)