'Murica! (104 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
short guy clearly had inferior napoleon complex and felt threatened by the tall guy so he shot him. Wonder if that counts as self defense
Didn't the taller guy tell him "if you don't use that gun i'm going to take it from you and fucking kill you with it?"

Sounds like self defense to me.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Didn't the taller guy tell him "if you don't use that gun i'm going to take it from you and fucking kill you with it?"

Sounds like self defense to me.
so now all you need to do is bring a gun with you anywhere and anytime you feel threatened you shoot? Words can get heated, especially when it comes to child custody, no need to bring a gun to every situation, this country is too crazy with them. What the fuck is the guy bringing it out for anyways? From what I can read, that was none of his business

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
so now all you need to do is bring a gun with you anywhere and anytime you feel threatened you shoot? Words can get heated, especially when it comes to child custody, no need to bring a gun to every situation, this country is too crazy with them. What the fuck is the guy bringing it out for anyways? From what I can read, that was none of his business
Bring it anywhere? isn't he on his own property?

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Both his mom and wife are judges, with media attention i think he will
I think he’s claiming castle doctrine as well, and he clearly meets 3 out of 4 criteria in Texas to claim self defense. The only one he won’t be able to clearly prove is number three since the altercation didn’t get physical until the fire arm was brought out.

Texas law provides for a justifiable defense at trial when using deadly force if the person claiming self defense:
  1. Reasonably believed the deadly force was immediately necessary;
  2. Had a legal right to be on the property;
  3. Did not provoke the person against whom deadly force was used; and
  4. Was not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force was used

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I think he’s claiming castle doctrine as well, and he clearly meets 3 out of 4 criteria in Texas to claim self defense. The only one he won’t be able to clearly prove is number three since the altercation didn’t get physical until the fire arm was brought out.

Texas law provides for a justifiable defense at trial when using deadly force if the person claiming self defense:

1. Reasonably believed the deadly force was immediately necessary;
  2. Had a legal right to be on the property;
  3. Did not provoke the person against whom deadly force was used; and
  4. Was not engaged in criminal activity at the time the deadly force was used
Actually only 2 is undeniable, all of the rest is up for debate imo guy was not being belligerent besides screaming and at no point did he look to be physically threatening. Furthermore, his wife was illegally keeping him from seeing his son. Women are evil.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Actually only 2 is undeniable, all of the rest is up for debate imo guy was not being belligerent besides screaming and at no point did he look to be physically threatening. Furthermore, his wife was illegally keeping him from seeing his son. Women are evil.
the alive guy willl say he was scared of the tall dead guy and the tall dead guy won’t be able to refute. I hope justice isn’t served but I can easily see it going in the favor of the defense. Hopefully the ex wife looses all custody of the kid.

the

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
the alive guy willl say he was scared of the tall dead guy and the tall dead guy won’t be able to refute. I hope justice isn’t served but I can easily see it going in the favor of the defense. Hopefully the ex wife looses all custody of the kid.

the
Doubt they can convince a jury tbh guy didn't seem menacing besides the understandable frustration for being jerked around, let's wait and see.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
1) Taller guy has a legitimate reason to be there and there was also no indication he was going to damage thr shorter guy's property.
2) Taller guy didn't seem threatening until the shorter guy brought out his gun. However, he did reach for shorter guy's gun even if he barely touched it although in the end he only actually pushed the other guy away. Of course shorter guy will claim he was scared for his life and that's why he shot.
3) Taller guy was standing still about ten feet away with no signs of approaching the shorter guy after the small physical altercation. Shorter dude didn't hesitate to shoot even though he was no longer in immediate danger.

Last edited:

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
3) Taller guy was standing still about ten feet away with no signs of approaching the shorter guy after the small physical altercation. Shorter dude didn't hesitate to shoot even though he was no longer in immediate danger.
Is that clear from the video? From what i recall you can't really see the actual shooting but yea if there was distance between them and taller dude was not actively "closing the space" then it probably is murder in any state.

Castle doctrine doesn't grant you the right to kill anyone on your property.

Also, the video I saw does not show the beginning of the incident. Probably important to see if there was provocation and when the firearm is first introduced

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 98)