'Murica! (115 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Trump bombed the shit out of all these countries. He withdrew ground troops, and deserves credit for that, as well as not starting any new wars, but bombing ramped way the heck up during the trump admin from Obama years. So no need to misrepresent like bombing somehow stopped the past 4 years when it actually increased. It helped allow him to withdraw ground troops, but he still increased the rates significantly.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallm...on-afghanistan-as-it-did-in-2018-infographic/

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/1/29/record-7423-us-bombs-dropped-in-afghanistan-in-2019-report

Not to mention civilian deaths in Middle East skyrocketing during Trump admin. Which given the nature of the wars I’m not sure I think is necessarily something his admin should be take all the blame for.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...344968-2932-11e8-874b-d517e912f125_story.html

Anyways, this is a good article on the geopolitics of it, and how difficult it is to stop or change

https://www.fpri.org/article/2019/12/obama-and-trump-foreign-policy-opposites-or-twins/

The data speaks for itself, so I agree. Overall, the number of civilian deaths still seems to be within the same average as the ten year average, at least according to the Statista article. I'm also not sure whether the bombing escalation in 2018 was a Trump decision or whether the generals pushed for this; as I recall both parties didn't really get along well, and I don't think every bomb that's dropped would need approval from the President. But Trump should have disregarded the pressure and ordered this nonsense to stop one way or another.
https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/files/cow/imce/papers/2020/Rising Civilian Death Toll in Afghanistan_Costs of War_Dec 7 2020.pdf

https://www.statista.com/chart/20932/afghanistan-civilian-casualties-in-last-decade/

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Welcome to the new Amerikkka.

Libertarians? Yes, those. The people that just want to be left alone, don't want to endlessly bomb brown people, are totally fine with the LGBTQ community, but just want the government to spend tax dollars more wisely. Yes, what terrorists!

Trump should have sent this Brennan traitor to Guantanamo or the Hague when he had a chance.

Good. Send crude back to $100 per barrel and let's see what happens.

You guys made the mistake thinking they really care about you pawns in the first place.

By the way, what happened to all the violence they were expecting at each state capitol this weekend? Turns out the only trouble anyone caused was by Antifa. :lol:

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005

Libertarians? Yes, those. The people that just want to be left alone, don't want to endlessly bomb brown people, are totally fine with the LGBTQ community, but just want the government to spend tax dollars more wisely. Yes, what terrorists!

Trump should have sent this Brennan traitor to Guantanamo or the Hague when he had a chance.

You guys made the mistake thinking they really care about you pawns in the first place.

By the way, what happened to all the violence they were expecting at each state capitol this weekend? Turns out the only trouble anyone caused was by Antifa. :lol:
Sean Hannity is that you?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

Kamala activated the deep state.
Isn't there a new federal courtroom in the basement of Comet Ping Pong?

How can someone be this misinformed?
Like come on. The dude died 7 years ago for fucks sake :rofl:
I think she's confusing Hugo Chavez with Ricky Martin.

Well The Storm crew is probably not calling it a day and will tide over the next four years playing Minecraft. Doesn't seem unreasonable to keep tabs on people who actively supported storming the Capitol to overthrow the government, but maybe that's just me.

There are a lot of cases where fossil fuels are far from being dead yet. But the price curve of most renewables have made it unprofitable not only to build new fossil fuel refinement instead of renewable sources, but it's even unprofitable now to increase production with fossil fuels relative to investing in renewable production to replace them.

Fossil fuels should be expensive to encourage alternatives and discourage more investment in a dead end technology.

And I wonder why all of those things came about... hmmm...

That's a bit like someone yelling fire in a theater. And after theater-goers trample over themselves to escape in the melee, fire alarms are pulled, crushed bodies pile up in doorways, etc., let's blame the fire department that shows up to all the carnage for telling people not to do that again.

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

Not a single nay vote? :lol: Both parties just loooooooove debt and spending.

It's a new day. :touched:

- - - Updated - - -

Well The Storm crew is probably not calling it a day and will tide over the next four years playing Minecraft. Doesn't seem unreasonable to keep tabs on people who actively supported storming the Capitol to overthrow the government, but maybe that's just me.
John Brennan harbored and enabled religious extremists, authoritarians, and racists all across the land in the middle east. Yet he's the good guy and the Libertarians are the bad guys. Sorry, not buying it.

Fossil fuels should be expensive to encourage alternatives and discourage more investment in a dead end technology.
Yeah, artificially increase prices on everyone so the middle class suffers, as usual. Great plan.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's gooooooo!

- - - Updated - - -

Racists!

Last edited:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Calling out Biden for deficit spending before his admin has been in office for a day, after having supported Trump adding almost 8 trillion to the national debt in only 4 years :rofl:

https://ctmirror.org/2021/01/17/don...c-that-itll-weigh-down-the-economy-for-years/

3rd worst presidency for deficit added relative to economy size. Behind only George W Bush and Lincoln.

GOP about to do their 180 to actually caring about the deficit again. :lol3:

Last edited:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Yeah, artificially increase prices on everyone so the middle class suffers, as usual. Great plan.
Hardly different in the end from a tax credit, with perhaps the most notable difference being that it's funded.

- - - Updated - - -

Racists!
Hey, who doesn't love a black-on-black crime quote?

Brown-on-brown war is the way of the future.

Is that a sex doll?

Antifa banned from Twitter.
That reminds me of that Stewart Lee bit:

"He's from Dubai, and he's one of the top Muslim guys out there."

Last edited:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don’t think people realize how good we have it here overall, despite our political issues. I didn’t realize it until my second trip to Nicaragua, drinking beer and taking a piss on the side of a busy road outside of Managua waiting three hours in 90 degree heat for someone to patch a tire, which deflated again 24 hours later.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 105)