Muntari to juve ? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
Juve had a better player from the same country in Appiah, and they let him go. Id much rather give Paro a chance, which isn't a big risk, because its in serie b.

Larry

Apr 17, 2005
good is not enough, you have to be great if you want to succeed in europe

but i guess he'll cover for a season in b

chester

Too busy to bother
May 20, 2006
I think he would be good for us, a lot better then Giannechedda, I don't know much about Paro so I can't judge if he is better then him, but I think he would be a good signing for our squad.

mcrae

Jun 3, 2004
i disagree with most of you here...Judging from what i saw during the W.C. Muntari is better than Appiah..his passing range is much better than Appiah's,he's more creative and he can actually aim when he shoots..Appiah's most long shots are hopeless...I'd be delighted if we could sign him but i read somewhere that Udinese would ask for a huge amount of money to sell him..

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Muntari is a good move, bringing him in doesnt ncessarily kill off paro, it should rather bring up a good competition and with so many games being played I dont see why at times they cant be rotated or if possible play alongside each other. If the price is right... get him.

Jul 28, 2002
Muntari was tap draw in the world cup, keeping Ghana's passing style going until the death. Maybe not as all action as the "other" Ghanian midfielders, he certainly controls the play just as well.

Imho he would be a big step up in terms of the teams overall attacking balance.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
juventus710 said:
i heard juve have made a bid for him, can ny1 get the details of the transaction?
Channel 4- football italia

Juventus are understood to have made a bid for Udinese midfielder Sulley Ali Muntari, reports on Tuesday are suggesting.

The Ghanaian international is wanted by Juventus boss Didier Deschamps and Udinese are expected to give the Old Lady, now in Serie B, a reply at some stage today.

The 22-year-old ball winner has been targeted by several clubs including Portsmouth, Bolton, Roma and was courted by Arsenal in July.

However, Udinese are reluctant to sell the youngster and patron Giampaolo Pozzo is understood to have rejected a Gunners offer of £7.8m.

The Stadio Friuli side are reportedly not willing to accept anything less than £12m, a valuation which has already scared off Roma.

Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp has also questioned the African’s asking price despite Muntari’s desire to play in England.

The versatile midfielder made his Serie A debut in 2002 with the Udine outfit and has since then played 97 matches, netting five goals.

Muntari also starred in the 2006 World Cup in Germany where the Ghanaian national side were defeated 3-0 by Brazil in the last 16.

Juventus are looking to add a little steel in the middle of the park after selling Emerson to Real Madrid and Patrick Vieira to Inter.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats all i can find

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
PhRoZeN said:
Muntari is a good move, bringing him in doesnt ncessarily kill off paro, it should rather bring up a good competition and with so many games being played I dont see why at times they cant be rotated or if possible play alongside each other. If the price is right... get him.
Agree.

I actually think they'll be good together.

Muntari is a complete Midfielder, he had plenty of great games for udinese, ofcourse some red card momments I recall.

But he is certainly Juve material, I rate him higher than Appiah who seems to lack consistancy in his game. Muntari on the other hand is a mobile hard working midfielder with a good passing game. Not creative attacking midfielder type, but definately a good buy.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
i always thought of muntari as an inconsistent player, almost identical to appiah.Thats my biggest problem with him and the fact that he makes some very bad decisions in some promising areas.IMO i think we should put our faith in young matteo paro.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
what are we gonna do with Zannetti and Giannicheda?

Surely we can't expect many players to stay on the bench in Serie B, players with senior experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)