Mr. Robot (2 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Btw, great episode where Wesley gets his feet covered in cement after he hides the body of Whiterose's henchman in a paved driveway after stealing a 3.5" floppy with the nuclear launch codes on it. :agree:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Interesting finale to say the least, as things started it was obvious that lots will be left for a coming season.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
It's kind of hard to have a season end with the collapse of the world's financial systems and think about a sequel to that. ;)

But I think that is the challenge of modern television. TV shows are forced to accelerate long plotlines -- risking to jump the shark sooner. It creates a real challenge to make TV shows sustainable so that they don't blow their wad on the first season.

Take a look at House of Cards, for example. Now that Underwood is president... now what? How exciting can you try to top that climb with a re-election campaign? You can't.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
finished the season last night. some spoiler-less impressions:

- casting mainly turned out great. rami malek makes a perfect introverted drug-addict schizo hacker, and you rarely see christian slater shine in any role so much. also, the swedish guy who played tyrell and his wife make a perfect couple straight out of american psycho. i have some reservations about the supporting female roles like angela and darlene, but generally i found that the characters were well played.
- the whole show is a visual treat, and the soundtrack perfectly suites the visuals. almost every single frame would make a good still picture, too.
- finally a hacker-based show/movie that's not lame. i'm no computer expert, but i usually lol hard on tv shows showing hackers, computer experts - not this time. as far as i'm aware, the tech background of the hacks, the software they use, the issues they are facing were all in place. it all seemed authentic from the first hack to the last episode.
- the basic story's a bit obvious. smart guy(s) against the big evil (financial) brother, we've seen that before, but who cares.
- the storytelling unexpectedly slowed down after the 3-4th episodes right until the final 3 episodes. the 1st and last 3 episodes were all near perfect, i'm not sure about the 2nd to 7th episodes.
- despite the flaws, it's an easy 8/10 for me. i'll definitely follow the 2nd series.

some spoilers:
- the 2nd season will surely show the bigger picture. the last conversation after the credits of the last episode, showing whiterose talking to price is a nice cliffhanger.
- i'd watch the 2nd season just to know what happened to tyrell.
- elliot's amnesia and schizophrenia were pretty much a known story from the 2nd episode. they still managed to fully uncover things only at the end of the 9th episode. nice. but elliot strangling himself at the bar, come on :rofl:
- it was quite obvious that whiterose is a man. how elliot could miss that?
- angela working for evil corp and getting to the core of the events in only 3 days makes no sense at all.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
- finally a hacker-based show/movie that's not lame. i'm no computer expert, but i usually lol hard on tv shows showing hackers, computer experts - not this time. as far as i'm aware, the tech background of the hacks, the software they use, the issues they are facing were all in place. it all seemed authentic from the first hack to the last episode.
As someone who has worked with computers professionally for the past two decades, they do about as honestly good a job as any popular TV program or movie has ever done. I know X felt it was a bit heavy-handed, but it was realistic ... in a way that's a first for popular media.

Marty

tuz
Administrator
Jul 2, 2005
Been offline for quite while as you might know but started watching this show now that we got an internet connection at home again. So far seen the first 4 episodes, it's not a bad show at all.

I wonder if Christian Slater will fuck up this show as well, he usually sinks movies and tv shows left and right :p Kidding aside I think he's doing a good enough job in this show. The egyptian kid in the lead is awesome btw.

OP
Völler

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
  • Thread Starter #35
    [video=facebook;1105705719496370]https://www.facebook.com/WhoIsMrRobot/videos/1105705719496370/[/video]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)