Amash

Mar 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #5
    I started this thread but I didn't mentioned how much mp3's do I have
    It's not much it's around 20.000:D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    My collection since 2000.

Ah the napster days running on 56k. One song a night was a luxury!

I've stopped downloading 'general music' for the past 2 years(general music is anything but electronic music in my mind :p ) Only general stuff I download are artists like coldplay/radiohead/any reallly good and deserving stuff that's well produced and performed.

I mostly stick to progressive trance/house/chillout/downtempo/progressive/idm - the better sides music

:D

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
    TBH I only have about 3GB of music. It's not much, I know, but it's all really great. There aren't that much great songs you know ;).

OP
    Amash

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++
    My collection since 2000.

Ah the napster days running on 56k. One song a night was a luxury!

I've stopped downloading 'general music' for the past 2 years(general music is anything but electronic music in my mind :p ) Only general stuff I download are artists like coldplay/radiohead/any reallly good and deserving stuff that's well produced and performed.

I mostly stick to progressive trance/house/chillout/downtempo/progressive/idm - the better sides music

Man what is quality of yours mp3 songs because you have 93GB and around 14.000 files and I have around 20.000 files and some 60 - 70GB.

Or is it just mixes, parties etc.

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004

Can you list your chillout music? Artists and albums ...

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Amash ] ++

Man what is quality of yours mp3 songs because you have 93GB and around 14.000 files and I have around 20.000 files and some 60 - 70GB.

Or is it just mixes, parties etc.
    Well I have 13gb of 140 sets. So that makes up for a quite a bit. But most if not all of my electronic stuff (better sides of music) are 192 up. A lot of times I rip my own cds at 320kpbs too just for the fun of it. The General music is just random. The old school stuff from 2000 sometimes runs down to 64kbps (56k plus napster :D )

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Can you list your chillout music? Artists and albums ...
    There's a VERY broad range of music there, but I'm way too lazy to organize it by subgenres. Its pretty much music I'd listen to while I chill - expect for the Boards of Canada, that shits just scary. I actaully have quite a big list of to-download stuff and artist discographies but the usual Limewire/Kazaa/Torrents won't do when you reach the deeper ends of IDM and downtempo. You gotta dig deep in random DC hubs.

OP
    Amash

Amash

Mar 31, 2005
  • Thread Starter #14

Well I have 13gb of 140 sets. So that makes up for a quite a bit. But most if not all of my electronic stuff (better sides of music) are 192 up. A lot of times I rip my own cds at 320kpbs too just for the fun of it. The General music is just random. The old school stuff from 2000 sometimes runs down to 64kbps (56k plus napster :D )
    Oh I see, but 320kbps is damn big, it takse a alot of place on HDD and there is no difference in quality between 128 or 192kbps in house or car use

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

i have about 17 500 songs..about 10000 was downloaded wheni first got dsl and 3 months of traffic free :D

persianmafia, it's like you read my mind, i wanted to download a few chill out albums, but i'm not into that kind of music so i didn't know what to get. i'll take your recomendation on those 2 albums.hope they're good..

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by vlatko ] ++
    i have about 17 500 songs..about 10000 was downloaded wheni first got dsl and 3 months of traffic free :D

persianmafia, it's like you read my mind, i wanted to download a few chill out albums, but i'm not into that kind of music so i didn't know what to get. i'll take your recomendation on those 2 albums.hope they're good..
    I always recommend Thievery Corporation when it comes to chillout, but the problem is that they have lots of albums and I personally cannot choose which is best.

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

I always recommend Thievery Corporation when it comes to chillout, but the problem is that they have lots of albums and I personally cannot choose which is best.
    well pick 2,3 albums then :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)