Mozilla Firefox or Opera, choose your browser. (7 Viewers)

I use...

• I'm awesome like icεmαή, Sheik and V so I use Opera

• I'm a geek like Martin and JCK so I use Mozilla Firefox

• I like following trends, so I use Chrome

• I suck. So I use IE.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 15, 2006
i was speaking to one of my customers and he said that IE7 has some new "interesting" features, so i told him that he shud try Opera or FF... and glorified Opera to him... told him some of teh features and he was like WHOA! :D

im such a dawg! :D

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So, has anyone figured out yet, how we can make a proper bookmark back up, in our very own hard disk?
There are tons of extensions, that are eager to do that via on line services,
but i dont trust them, at all!
Isnt there a way save my bookmarks and cookies?
IMO this is one the FF's greatest flaws...

OP
Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #869
    So, has anyone figured out yet, how we can make a proper bookmark back up, in our very own hard disk?
    No problem there, both are saved in individual files on disk. bookmarks.html and cookies.txt

Cronios

Juventolog
    Jun 7, 2004
    Where exactly Martin?
    I cant find them in the FF folder, neither in the documents!

After the format and the new windows, when i reinstall FF in same folder, it doesnt "remember'' anything, i would really appreciate, another help here...

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #871
    Where exactly Martin?
    I cant find them in the FF folder, neither in the documents!

After the format and the new windows, when i reinstall FF in same folder, it doesnt "remember'' anything, i would really appreciate, another help here...
    You need to locate the FF folder, read the Windows part here: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox

Or do this, this is even smoother:
    From the Firefox menu bar, choose "Tools -> Error Console" (Firefox 2) or "Tools -> JavaScript Console" (Firefox 1.5).
    Components.classes["@mozilla.org/file/directory_service;1"].getService( Components.interfaces.nsIProperties).get("ProfD", Components.interfaces.nsIFile).path
    In the Error Console or JavaScript Console window, paste the code in the field near the top. Click the Evaluate button.

soulslider

Rregula sound
    May 16, 2006
    there is a pretty simple way to do that .

go to bookmarks click on organize bookmarks , bookmarks manager opens , go to file click on export and save your bookmarks anywhere you want

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #876
    there is a pretty simple way to do that .

go to bookmarks click on organize bookmarks , bookmarks manager opens , go to file click on export and save your bookmarks anywhere you want
    Yeah, but that's only bookmarks. Once you find your profile directory you have access to all the files like cookies, certificates, user settings, extensions etc that you can backup or use on another computer.

OP
    Martin

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
  • Thread Starter #878
    Of course you all know the situation with web browsers, none of them work the same way and none really follow the web standards completely.

Acid is a test that made by an independent group that set out to test just how good or bad browsers are by checking how much of the web standards they follow.

The latest is Acid3, which no browser passes yet, but some are better than others. Worst of all, of course, is IE (as always):
    http://www.anomalousanomaly.com/2008/03/06/acid-3/

You can take the test yourself here:
    http://acid3.acidtests.org/

I get 52% with Firefox 2.0.0.12
    57% with Opera 9.50 alpha
    61% with Konqueror 4.0.2

A pretty sad state of affairs, and the next time a website doesn't show up correctly you know whose fault it is, but at least the fact that newer versions are more complete is a positive trend.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)