Moving Juventus out of Turin in 1906 (1 Viewer)

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
There was a split at the club in 1906, after some of the staff considered moving Juve out of Turin. President Alfredo Dick was unhappy with this and left with some prominent players to found FBC Torino which in turn spawned the Derby della Mole.

Can someone please tell me where they wanted to move Juventus?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
There was a split at the club in 1906, after some of the staff considered moving Juve out of Turin. President Alfredo Dick was unhappy with this and left with some prominent players to found FBC Torino which in turn spawned the Derby della Mole.

Can someone please tell me where they wanted to move Juventus?
I have no idea, but i can't believe we had a president called Alfredo Dick

OP
Doctor

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
  • Thread Starter #8
    http://www.juventusstory.it/societa/storia/storia_tab.asp?Id_Stagione=7

Here it is said that he wanted to move Juve to another country and if i understand it correct he wanted to change the name of our club to "Jugend Fussballverein"

If we listened to this dicknamed asshole we could have now been playing derby matches with Grasshopers.
    I dont know Italian so I cant read that.
    But the information I have is that Dick actualy wanted to keep Juventus in Turin and left the club to form TorinoFC because others within the club wanted to move the club out of the city.
    If you dont believe me, just read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juventus

There was a split at the club in 1906, after some of the staff considered moving Juve out of Turin.[15] President Alfredo Dick was unhappy with this and left with some prominent players to found FBC Torino

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torino_F.C.

Foot-Ball Club Torino was founded on 3 December 1906 after a meeting at the Voigt brewery in Via Pietro Micca near the center of Turin. Its foundation involved some Juventus dissidents led by Alfredo Dick, who had left the bianconeri after some at the club wanted to move Juventus out of Turin.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Club_Torinese

In 1906, some members of the Juventus board were considering moving the bianconeri out of Turin. This caused a large argument within the club and eventually saw president Alfredo Dick leave with several high-key players to form Football Club Torino. Many players from Torinese were lured to sign for the new FBC Torino and with a shortage of top players, Torinese became defunct.

soulslider

Rregula sound
    May 16, 2006
    Here is a pic when Juve played Parma in Milano, i'm not sure what year is it somewher around 93-94, there was some talk that Juve could move to Milano that year , but some agreement has been made with the city of Turin so juve stayed, i forgot what it was exatcly

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    I think thats got more to do with the Stadium than the city. I dont have any any facts to support this, but i dont think Juventus has always had such low attendances at home. This very site states that almost 33% of all football fans in Italy support Juventus,which i think is a pretty decent number and the majority of them would be from Turin, logically. The only reason i think Juventus has low attendances is because of the Delle Alpi itself. Stadium attendances across Italy have seen a decline off late anyway.

The relationship between Low attendace at Juventus home games and the stadium is direct IMO.However if thats not the case,i think moving the club to a different city still sounds kinda weird.Where would we move if we move anyway?I cant think of a city.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    This is from wikipedia.

Juventus is the most well supported football club in Italy with over 11 million fans (31% of Italian football fans, according to the Doxa Institute-L'Expresso’s research of April 2006, and one of the most supported football clubs in the world, with approximately 21 million supporters in Europe alone. The Old Lady has fan clubs all over the world outside of Italy, from places as far apart as Malta, England,Iran,Greece,Israel,Vietnam,Hungary and many more.

Despite this strong support, attendances at Juventus home matches average about 35,000; much less than other highly renowned European teams. Contrastingly, demand for Juventus tickets in occasional home games held away from Turin is high; suggesting that Juventus have stronger support in other parts of the country. Juve is widely and especially popular throughout Southern Italy, leading the team to have one of the largest followings in its away matches) than Turin itself. A large portion of Juventus fans in Turin do not attend the games and rather watch the games on TV, because of the conditions at Stadio delle Alpi; this is largely due to the running track which makes the pitch a long distance from the stands, work is ongoing to fix this problem.

Juventus ultras have good relationships with Piacenza, Ado Den Haag and Legia Warsaw fans and have several rivalries, two of which are highly significant.The first is with local club Torino, they compete in the Derby della Mole (Derby of Torino) together; this rivalry dates back to 1906 when Torino was founded by former Juve members. The other most significant rivalry is with Internazionale; matches between Juventus and Inter are referred to as the Derby d'Italia (Derby of Italy). Up until the 2006 Serie A match-fixing scandal, which saw Juventus relegated, the two were the only Italian clubs to have never played below Serie A. Notably the two sides are the most supported in Italy, the rivalry has intensified since the later part of the 1990s.

====================================================

This suggests that Juventus has more support outside Turin than in the city itself.Thats perplexing:confused:.And i always thought Milan had the mosts fans in Italy after Juventus.

OP
    Doctor

Doctor

Sep 10, 2007
  • Thread Starter #19
    Formed by dissident Juventus supporters in 1906, Toro are known to be the club of those born and bred in the city of Turin. Juventus is moreover supported by the immigrant workers from Italy's south, who arrived in the city to work for FIAT. It was obvious for them to support Juventus as the club is highly supported by the FIAT founders, the Agnelli family.

http://www.footballderbies.com/honours/index.php?id=39

Can someone confirm this to be true?

Lion

King of Tuz
    Jan 24, 2007
    I think thats got more to do with the Stadium than the city. I dont have any any facts to support this, but i dont think Juventus has always had such low attendances at home. This very site states that almost 33% of all football fans in Italy support Juventus,which i think is a pretty decent number and the majority of them would be from Turin, logically. The only reason i think Juventus has low attendances is because of the Delle Alpi itself. Stadium attendances across Italy have seen a decline off late anyway.

The relationship between Low attendace at Juventus home games and the stadium is direct IMO.However if thats not the case,i think moving the club to a different city still sounds kinda weird.Where would we move if we move anyway?I cant think of a city.
    I thought Torino had more supporters in Turin than Juve?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)