Movies you've seen recently... (9 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Just saw War of the Worlds. I dont know, the way it was put together was quite dissapointing, even though it had some gripping moments. Coming from Spielberg however, id have to say one would expect better.

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Why is it that the directors of so many movies today cop out by resorting to this old, tired gimmick to try to impress a sense of raw realism? I'm sick of having to watch million-dollar actors through some handicam strapped to a monkey with Parkinsons disease. I pay $10 in the theater so you could hire some friggin' professionals for once who learned how to hold a camera steady. Leave the home movies at home, alright?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I saw the latest leftist documentary scare tactic flick, and it's a pretty good one: The Corporation.

It's not entirely one-sided in its presentation of corporations (though it is mostly that). However, the interviewees are top notch. There is also a good bit of information in how the U.S.'s 14th Amendment, which was created in the 1800s to aid freed slaves make a living, was coopted by corporate lawyers soon afterwards ... leading to the definition of a corporation as a "person". And the usual scary stuff about the reality of sustainable businesses on this planet.

Extra points for featuring a B-roll shot of the former office of my employer in the film ... just steps from where I used to work. ;)

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
May 7, 2004
last week i watched some asian imported dvd (i think chinese but not sure) that my friends dad brought over. it was called "hero" and i had to watch it in subtitles at 3 am. i didnt know what was going on 50% of the time but it was pretty cool :D

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
I watched Fantastic Four with my little brother, Damn it was cheesy and the effects suck, but my little brother (8yrs) loved it so I couldnt say much.

I also think Batman Begins rocks and is probably the best Comic Adaptation Movie.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Interesting, to say the least. Johnny Depp is a sarcastic little shit, which is just the way I like him.

The movie reminded me of a 2 hour Pink Floyd video.

Note to self: When I buy the DVD, make sure I watch it under the influence of controlled substances.

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
For all the people interested in non Hollywood movies

Theres a new movie that was released today in some major american cities (NY, LA, SF, San Diego, Miami, Chicago) thats called Secuestro Express. The movie was directed by a venezuelan, produced by the guy who produced Sin City, and was filmed in Caracas. Its about a couple that gets kidnapped and I guess it shows the reality of things in latin america. I havent seen it yet but Ive read good reviews about it.
You can check out the site: http://www.miramax.com/secuestroexpress/ and watch the trailer

Everyone should check it out!

K10

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
For all the people interested in non Hollywood movies

Theres a new movie that was released today in some major american cities (NY, LA, SF, San Diego, Miami, Chicago) thats called Secuestro Express. The movie was directed by a venezuelan, produced by the guy who produced Sin City, and was filmed in Caracas. Its about a couple that gets kidnapped and I guess it shows the reality of things in latin america. I havent seen it yet but Ive read good reviews about it.
You can check out the site: http://www.miramax.com/secuestroexpress/ and watch the trailer

Everyone should check it out!
kidnapping, yup, that region is perfect for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)