Movies you've seen recently... (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Last night I saw Caterina Va In Citta', a RAI-Sky production that's somewhat predictable about a country girl who moves with her family to big city Roma and tries to fit in among opposing high school cliques: the left-wing communists/romanisti versus the right-wing fascists/laziale.

The plot has been done a million times before - just add an early Sarah Michelle Gellar, and pit her against L.A. mall shoppers or grunge kids from further east. But the redeeming part was seeing it from an Italian perspective. And the romanisti/laziali overtones.

Avoid like the plague if you can't stomach teen girl coming-of-age movies.

...or Hillary Duff.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
Last night I saw Caterina Va In Citta', a RAI-Sky production that's somewhat predictable about a country girl who moves with her family to big city Roma and tries to fit in among opposing high school cliques: the left-wing communists/romanisti versus the right-wing fascists/laziale.

The plot has been done a million times before - just add an early Sarah Michelle Gellar, and pit her against L.A. mall shoppers or grunge kids from further east. But the redeeming part was seeing it from an Italian perspective. And the romanisti/laziali overtones.

Avoid like the plague if you can't stomach teen girl coming-of-age movies.

...or Hillary Duff.
the title sounds like a child book. Catherine goes to the city :rolleyes: next week: Catherine goes to the farm, Catherine goes to the Zoo...

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
++ [ originally posted by mikhail ] ++
What's not to love about Batman Begins? It's a quality movie. Anyone who loved what Tim Burton did with the franchise should see it - it's even better.
Yep its "darker",cool just like i wanted to be,
good actors, good acting,
(they could pick a nicer chick though),
i didnt know the batman is a ninja,
good try to make it realistic esp with the bad guys,
tough luck to make Joker realistic in the next one(or charming enough)
and Sean Penn will never manage to beat J.Nicholson's act

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)