Movies you've seen recently... (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
... and you would like to say sth about them.
Have you seen sth you want to recommend? Or maybe warn people: what a waste of time! Something new or old? Some classic or cult movie and you enjoyed it, or maybe all the time you're thinking: why they said it is soooo good or cult? Or maybe noone liked some movie, but you enjoyed it.

And new thread, cause I've watched few movies lately and they don't fit to any thread here :confused: no coolest, no favourites, no the worst etc....

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #2
    Vanishing Point (1971)

What about:
    "Kowalski, the hero of the story, works for a car delivery service. He takes delivery of a supercharged 1970 Dodge Challenger to take from Colorado to Frisco, California. Shortly after pickup, he takes a bet to get the car there in less than 15 hours. After a few run-ins with motorcycle cops and highway patrol they start a chase to bring him into custody. Along the way, Kowalski is guided by Supersoul - a blind DJ with a police radio scanner. Throw in lots of chase scenes, gay hitchhikers, a naked woman riding a motorbike, lots of Mopar and you've got a great cult hit from the early 70's"

I've watched it yesterday and I still have no idea why it's said as great, cult, about freedom etc. I was really bored watching it, but I stayed till the end.

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Zemsta (2002, Polish)
    Save the cash, go see something else.
    Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine :D

Movie based on such Polish literature? You couldn't choose worse ;)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Not surprisingly my parents wanted to see it, moreover they wanted us to see it :rolleyes: But what the hell, it's not like I look down on everything I don't necessarily dig. I read the book for school so I knew what I was going in for. But unlike people I didn't think the movie was any good so that's that. Obviously I didn't think it had that much potential to being with but dazzle us won't you. For the cast of the best actors in Poland (or so it was said, I wouldn't know), it was a bore.

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    Not surprisingly my parents wanted to see it, moreover they wanted us to see it :rolleyes: But what the hell, it's not like I look down on everything I don't necessarily dig. I read the book for school so I knew what I was going in for. But unlike people I didn't think the movie was any good so that's that. Obviously I didn't think it had that much potential to being with but dazzle us won't you. For the cast of the best actors in Poland (or so it was said, I wouldn't know), it was a bore.

Olala..
    That must have been really bad movie :D

But: out of curiousity: where did I say anything of that you've referred to? :undecide:
    You read this book? So did I and that's why I didn't go to watch it, cause I knew that it couldn't be any better.

OP
    vitoria_Ally

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    ++ [ originally posted by juvelover ] ++
    Ice age , amazing :)

my little sis asked me to see the movie in my room at my Dvd player so i saw the movie with her.
    Someone told me: watch it absolutely, really funny.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The thread topic reminds me, I did see Jerry Maguire a few weeks ago. A bit surprised to find out it was good, I had expected less. Lots of energy in there :cool:

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    I saw jaws the original a couple of weeks back - still rocks :cool:
    star wars attack of the clones - great film
    gone in 60 seconds (again) - can't get enough of this!
    monty python and the holy grail - funniest film ever IMO, always worth the odd watch!
    Goldeneye - of course its great, its a Bond film!

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
    Recently ::

Gangs of New York

Good but not the Scorsese epic masterpeice it should have been.
    Daniel Day-Lewis - Briliant as usual

Catch Me If You Can

Good fun ,if a bit slow

About Schmidt

Not really my thing... Oscar performance from Jack Nicholson

Donnie Darko

Fantastic... prob best film of last 5 years!

25th Hour

Poorly directed, hugely dissapointing, though norton again shows why hes the best
    actor of his generation.

Bowling for Columbine

Briliantly funny / shocking docu - film

Nemesis

Enjoyed it... good last outing for the next generation crew

City Of God

A Must see film

Spider

Unsatisfying!

8 Mile

Not bad, not great

Transporter

Satisfying leave your brain at home fare!

Chicago

Very good

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    City Of God

Cidade de Deus, the brazilian movie? Indeed a very good movie.

Monsoon Wedding - great movie, hindu-english, with lots of colours and great exotic sound;

All Or Nothing - great laugh!!!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)