Movies you've seen recently... (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Saw Manhunter. Man, I didn't know it was the exact same movie as Red Dragon. It would have been good but seeing Red Dragon before kinda killed it.
i know what you mean in a way, everybody i knew had seen the film and raved about it to the point i was convinced it was a classic

trouble is i had read the book Red Dragon and was massively disappointed, the ending is shite! there is not enough tension in the film other than Petersons performance but the film chops off a lot of the story unnecessarily. red dragon is far truer to teh book and benefits as a film because of this,though hopkins went panto villain in his portrayal of Lector by the time this film came about

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

i know what you mean in a way, everybody i knew had seen the film and raved about it to the point i was convinced it was a classic

trouble is i had read the book Red Dragon and was massively disappointed, the ending is shite! there is not enough tension in the film other than Petersons performance but the film chops off a lot of the story unnecessarily. red dragon is far truer to teh book and benefits as a film because of this,though hopkins went panto villain in his portrayal of Lector by the time this film came about
I didn't read the book but TBH, I thought the remake was far better. The acting was far superior. The only highlight of the movie is the end where they play Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, phenomenal song, works great for the movie.

It took me half an hour to recognize it's the CSI guy. :D

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
IMO lucky number slevin is more like an early bruce willis film (obviously with him playing the josh hartnett role) with wise-cracks galore a very cool script and some excellent performances.
was never a fan of hartnett but he was superb as slevin

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
But a guy in tight armour, a guy with goofy make-up or a guy lacking half a face does get you wet?
Ofcourse:D

You forgot the guy with the big moustache and the old fuddy duddy.

:lol:

i felt she was much better than Mrs. Scientology! thankfully u didnt have to endure her throughout the film, unlike Mrs. Scientology! :D
Katie was much better as Rachel IMO.Overall Maggie is the better actress i guess,but Katie was great for the role.I heard she would have done the role but she was tied up in other projects.But dear god..Maggie Gyllenhall:sick:

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Blindness - Meh...so so. It was different from all the 'oh shit the world is coming to an end' movies that have come out lately (28 days, The Invasion, Day After Tomorrow, etc.), I'll give it that much.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Banlieu 13. Some french uber-action movie. It was OK for a hung-over Sunday I guess, lots of Yamakashi tricks and stuff.

But.....is it just me and the habbit of watching mainly English-speaking movies, or do the French talk incredibly FAST? I had english subtitles but they speak so damn fast, when you have two line of text to read you simply can't catch it in time. Could be my hangover as well but man, they blabber out sentences like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)