Movies you've seen recently... (107 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
there's a sequel called City of Men, check that out too
really?!?! i never knew that was the squeal to city of god. i know thye have the same actors but a different story. i will be honest with u i watched city of men and i wasnt really looking forward to finishing it. i think i will give it a try to looks liek the kind of movie that u need to watch twice to understand the main concept or message behind it. thank u for recommending it thought ahmed will give it a try and let u know how it goes down the second time around.:pint:

i should be watching requiem for a dream when i get back from uni. its another movie i'm looking forward to watching.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
city of god. this is such a great movie, a must see really. i am very happy i finally got to watch it after looking for an english version. i enjoyed every minute of it.
I used to have a copy of it. I saw it in theaters back when it first came out and was blown away. But then my Mormon friend borrowed it and moved to Salt Lake City.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Do you want me to be a critic here? Well, I watched the movie for entertainment, I am not pulling a Martin and dissecting every aspect of cinema in it. It may be bad but it was cool. Imagine if you can do that.
I see what you mean, thing is, I didn't find it at all entertaining. And I didn't expect much from it either.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
there's a sequel called City of Men, check that out too
really?!?! i never knew that was the squeal to city of god. i know thye have the same actors but a different story. i will be honest with u i watched city of men and i wasnt really looking forward to finishing it. i think i will give it a try to looks liek the kind of movie that u need to watch twice to understand the main concept or message behind it. thank u for recommending it thought ahmed will give it a try and let u know how it goes down the second time around.:pint:

i should be watching requiem for a dream when i get back from uni. its another movie i'm looking forward to watching.
my bad i mistakened this one with children of men... i will def give city of men a try. as for children of men i honestly thought it was terrible to watch.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
I used to have a copy of it. I saw it in theaters back when it first came out and was blown away. But then my Mormon friend borrowed it and moved to Salt Lake City.
looool id be gutted if that were to happen to me. specially when u consider we didnt have this one here in theaters and finding an english version of the dvd is probably hard too. never the less a great movie. :tup:

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
guys is there any website i could use to get english subtitles for movies obviously in non - english languages? cos there is this movie i want to watch called talk to her (spanish) but the only thing stopping me from doing so is that i cant find an english version. thanks in advance.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

guys is there any website i could use to get english subtitles for movies obviously in non - english languages? cos there is this movie i want to watch called talk to her (spanish) but the only thing stopping me from doing so is that i cant find an english version. thanks in advance.
www.podnapisi.net

It's a Slovenian site but there's an English version, it's pretty good, has lots of subtitles. Try there.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
just finished watching requiem for a dream its a good movie to say the truth but it just messes yr head up after its finished. its depressing no two ways about it. a good reminder of the dangers a person faces when he is sucked into powder and heroin ( specially if u know close friends who had a sniff or two). a good movie just really depressing thats all i have to say about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 107)