Movies you've seen recently... (34 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Batman Returns again.

Yes im on a Batman roll right now:D.De Vito's performance remains a classic.I remember back in the day i used to think that The Penguin was Batman's archenemy,simply because De Vito gave it a much more intense and villanous touch than Nicholson's impersonation of The Joker in 1989's Batman.Michelle Pfeiffer was superb,but ive always found Catwoman's character lacking something.Maybe its because of the conflicting Good-Bad interests that she has.Her character could have definatley had a better end in the this movie.Ive mentioned what i think of Keaton as Batman too many times before to go through it again,and what i loved most about this movie is the fact that it focused more on the villains,thus sparing me of the absoloulte torture of seeing a spectacled Bruce Wayne sitting in his batcave like an old nanny too many times.

This is probably the darkest of all Batman movies...to date atleast.I expect The Dark Knight to take the intensity a step forward.
Thats why i love it the most

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
seriously?you were convinced orlando bloom was a warrior? jeez-o, even brad pitt looked more a warrior in troy. terrible casting IMO
He wasn't supposed to be a warrior, he was thrown into the crusade because he killed the guy that beheaded his dead wife. He never intended to be a great fighter, in Kingdom of Heaven he played a great tactician not a fighter, but he only participated in a fight when he couldn't get out of it. Orlando was much worse in Troy. That movie had a couple of scenes that where just terrible to watch.

IMO he was casted okay, he was supposed to play a humble guy that turned out to be a hero.

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
He wasn't supposed to be a warrior, he was thrown into the crusade because he killed the guy that beheaded his dead wife. He never intended to be a great fighter, in Kingdom of Heaven he played a great tactician not a fighter, but he only participated in a fight when he couldn't get out of it. Orlando was much worse in Troy. That movie had a couple of scenes that where just terrible to watch.

IMO he was casted okay, he was supposed to play a humble guy that turned out to be a hero.
nah his role in troy was much betetr for him, i just know that i felt he was miscast in the role.
just my opinion

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
thought troy was amassive dissapointment but the performance of eric banna was superb, kingdom of heaven i expected more from but taht is because i rate ridley scott highly. overall i would say troy is probably better

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
Hmm, howabout when you rate Kingdom of Heaven without thinking of Gladiator?
Because where Troy was a (good) popcorn-movie, KoH just was a great sit for me. Gladiator is far superior to both of them though.

Where Eric Banna's performance stood out, the rest of the movie really dissapointed me. Troy is just too much of a "commercial" movie for me i guess.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
The Prestige

Interesting film, harder to predict than the illusionist, still managed to though but with less time remaining than with the illusionist

Bozi

The Bozman
Administrator
Oct 18, 2005
Hmm, howabout when you rate Kingdom of Heaven without thinking of Gladiator?
Because where Troy was a (good) popcorn-movie, KoH just was a great sit for me. Gladiator is far superior to both of them though.

Where Eric Banna's performance stood out, the rest of the movie really dissapointed me. Troy is just too much of a "commercial" movie for me i guess.
i was expecting an epic movie with a breathtaking story. what i got was a rushed story and an unbelievable hero. agreed on troy though but i guess i was expecting more from KoH and that was why i do not rate it highly

Franky4Fingers

Mr. I'm Always Right
May 24, 2007
i was expecting an epic movie with a breathtaking story. what i got was a rushed story and an unbelievable hero. agreed on troy though but i guess i was expecting more from KoH and that was why i do not rate it highly
For a rushed story it was a long movie (3 hrs). Maybe you're right and Orlando was a bit unbelievable in this movie. But I liked the overall movie more then Troy.

Gladiator kicks both them asses big time though... An when you go way back, so does Ben Hur.

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
The Machinist.

Bale is a FREAK.His commitment to roles is nothing short of amazing.The movie overall was excellent.The plot builds up very nicely,and there were moments where i thought the fat guy would turn into a scary ghoul or something,but that never happened.The score was superb,and it really helpled build the tension in the movie.The best part in the movie for me,and that too by a distance,was when Bale goes to report a hit n run and he's told that the license plate is that of his own car.Brilliant movie.This movie is one of the many reasons why Bale is going to turn into an icon in the future..there are simply no two ways about it.

Thankyou Vlakto:D

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
The Counterfeiters, the true story set in a nazi concentration camp, this drama centers on history's biggest counterfeit operation. In The Counterfeiters, prisoners must choose between aiding the Third Reich in their money-making scheme and their own well-being... Foreign movie Oscar winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)