Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (77 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Too weird? It's not weird, it's stupid lol. Girl killing 10000 people with a shit script and no story.
if it was a guy you might feel different. :p

either way, that’s the point of it, it’s his take on a modern kung fu/samurai flick, I wouldn’t watch it a lot but when I do, it’s enjoyable

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Andrey Tarkovsky. A Cinema Prayer
A very conventionally structured documentary, going through Tarkovsky's career chronologically. It nevertheless manages to capture Tarkovsky, and what makes him special, really well. A must-see for the fan.

Miles Davis: Birth of the Cool
Another run-of-the-mill biographical documentary. This one, however, never scratches beneath the surface. Interesting if you don't know much about Miles, but not for the fan.

The Leftovers
Great premise, filled with interesting ideas, that ultimately doesn't add up to anything. There are so many distractions that you almost forget that there's nothing behind the curtain.

A Hidden Life
It's almost great, but never quite gets there. It's a step in the right direction for Malick considering his latest misfires, but ultimately feels repetitive and almost hollow considering its runtime.

Onward
Subpar Pixar film with more two-dimensional characters than you'd expect from them. It's not entirely bad, however.

Booksmart
I get the appeal, but it's not for me. It's fun at times, but I don't entirely buy the characters.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
The Nightingale- watched it again. Possibly my favourite film from 2019. Depressing and disturbing movie but a must watch. 9.5/10

1917- didn't blow me away. No pun intended. Well made film but was far from epic. 6/10

True History of the Kelly Gang- again didn't blow me away but had some cool moments. Always good to see Russel crowe but hate to see Nicholas Hoult 6/10

Kajaki- really got into this. Could feel the tension. Would recommend if your into war films or films about people being stuck in terrible situations. 7.5/10

Brightburn- meh. 3/10

Don't worry he won't get far on foot- apart from a good performance from Joaquin Phoenix this movie doesn't offer much more. 5/10

Currently watching Honeyboy.
Need more recommendations.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Forgot all about that movie will have to go back and watch it.
The Coen brothers are the best at creating awkward/quirky characters that make you wince and feel nervous.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
John Turturro as Barton Fink is still my favourite creation of theirs. Just a perfect actor for that role.
Barton Fink is most underrated Coen movie easily. Lebowski is most overrated. Fargo my favourite one but I love them all even the ones that are shat on like Hail Caesar. The final scene in that movie was brillant. The Man Who wasn't There, A Serious Man, True Grit, Llewyn Davis, O Brother, Miller's Crossing...solid gold :delpiero: I would hide these guys in my basement when the time comes.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Barton Fink is most underrated Coen movie easily. Lebowski is most overrated. Fargo my favourite one but I love them all even the ones that are shat on like Hail Caesar. The final scene in that movie was brillant. The Man Who wasn't There, A Serious Man, True Grit, Llewyn Davis, O Brother, Miller's Crossing...solid gold :delpiero: I would hide these guys in my basement when the time comes.
:agree:

I always forget that Miller’s Crossing is one of theirs. Such a great one. Gabriel Byrne, Albert Finney, Steve Buscemi, and John Turturro :delpiero:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)