Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (72 Viewers)

Jun 7, 2003
Yesterday i watched "Ivan Childhood" from Tarkovsky. Good movie, this russian director has some good movies. I liked Nostalgia the most. Have to watch The Mirror and The Sacrifice, only movies that i didn't watch beside his short movies.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
My only nitpick with it is his eyelashes. They're a bit distracting. But he sure has a "Batman" jawline fo sho.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm 100% sure the actual suit in the movie is gonna be very different from this prototype in the cam test.

They are already filming. That is not the prototype.

I'm surprised nobody mentioned that his Crest on his chest is comprised of the gun that was used to kill his parents. That is directly from the Kevin Smith Batman story.

This is also going to be a very young batman, even in comparison to the Christopher Nolan trilogy, so the look is going to be more basic.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
After Brazil and Venice we had Tarkovsky: A Cinema Prayer here in Belgrade. I watched it tonight and I loved it. I can't say it's for everyone since I don't know how people would like it if they are not familiar with his work. I watched (almost) all his movies, watched the interviews, read articles, and I gotta say I liked the blend of his stuff placed into 8 chapters covering his life and creations. Some parts were really unknown to me so I enjoyed filled the Tarkovsky puzzle. Other than that I noticed quotes from his Italy conference etc. Overall I really enjoyed it. Also, the audience was totally different, mostly older folks and not retards, so there was no phones, eating and distractions which was a huge bonus. :tup:

Continuing with the movie fest this week, yet to watch another 4 movies in the next 5 days.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Honey Boy - Such a pleasant surprise. I really liked this one :tup: Powerful, emotional and interesting movie. Shia Labeouf was brilliant here, amazing acting, just like the little kid who puts in a powerful performance. Well paced, well thought but... well, the only flaw I saw here was the feeling that the movie ended on 2/3 of the movie. It came out of nowhere and it felt like it missed a piece. Still, I'd easily recommend this movie. If anyone loves father-son movies (even in a fucked up way), I think he'll like this one.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Honey Boy - Such a pleasant surprise. I really liked this one :tup: Powerful, emotional and interesting movie. Shia Labeouf was brilliant here, amazing acting, just like the little kid who puts in a powerful performance. Well paced, well thought but... well, the only flaw I saw here was the feeling that the movie ended on 2/3 of the movie. It came out of nowhere and it felt like it missed a piece. Still, I'd easily recommend this movie. If anyone loves father-son movies (even in a fucked up way), I think he'll like this one.
I really liked it as well. It’s streaming on Amazon if people are interested.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)