Movie Talk (New Films, Old Films... doesn't matter) (145 Viewers)

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Ok, now who breaks the tie? :lol:

Yesterday I saw "A Star is Born" and I liked it. I agree with @Dostoevsky. Although I love Lady Gaga, I can't resist to her voice, and also acts very well, much better than some actresses who are supposed to have studied...
(And I love big noses :heart: ).
Polanski because of Chinatown and The Ghost Writer which are great.

She was amazing in the movie. Like a true natural. Her voice is also incredible, but those songs are at least decent compared to those that she's making IRL.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Bohemian Rhapsody looks like it is going to be damn good. Rami Malek was as close as they could have gotten to the legendary Freddie. He's getting serious Oscar buzz already.

As the biggest Queen fan in the United States, I will be watching this movie in the theaters.

Probably several times.

- - - Updated - - -

She was amazing in the movie. Like a true natural. Her voice is also incredible, but those songs are at least decent compared to those that she's making IRL.

I can't wait to see this, as I adore Lady Gaga.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018

Ale-Alejandro, Ale-Alejandro :maddy:

I read that she suffered doing the last scene, because at that moment her friend (who had been her manager) died, she had cancer and had been sick for a long time. So the last song sings it with that extra feeling that has made it so natural.

Bohemian Rhapsody looks like it is going to be damn good. Rami Malek was as close as they could have gotten to the legendary Freddie. He's getting serious Oscar buzz already.

As the biggest Queen fan in the United States, I will be watching this movie in the theaters.
(Rami :tuttosport:)

This biopic looks very predictable (yes, it's a biopic, I know), it doesn't seem that the film is going to tell anything special. But I love Queen a lot, so I'll go to the cinema to see it anyway, and I know I'll enjoy it.

Juvenann

Sep 3, 2018
Maybe if you're a teenage girl from US&A. :boh:
Once a boy told me that listening to Lady Gaga is only possible if I have a teenage mentality, and I told him that voting for a neoliberal government (he did it) is only possible if he's a mentally handicapped person.

So it's scientifically proven one gets cancer from long exposure to Lady Gaga music?
Or maybe she had a boyfriend named lgor :rolleyes:

- - - Updated - - -

New Pet Sematary coming! :tuttosport:

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
Bad times in El Royal is a really good, well made movie :tup:
Started good but rushed and poorly directed around the end. Maybe just me but in a way I thought it tried hard to be like a Tarantino movie.

First Man great watch. Ryan and his wife pulled it off same with all supporting casts. Some of the dialogues hit home run personally.

shout out to @Juventino[RUS]

Völler

Always spot on
May 6, 2012
Un condamné à mort s'est échappé ou Le vent souffle où il veut - I enjoyed it. It was well paced and enjoyable escape. Bresson has got to be one of my favorite directors at the moment. He has some really amazing movies.
Bresson is a master. What's your favorite of his? :)

I think you will find this interesting btw, even if fitting arthouse cinema into a chart is a somewhat stupid exercise. :D

Anyway, it's good for inspiration: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/p...film-diagram-lynch-kiarostami-ozu-1201966364/

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Bresson is a master. What's your favorite of his? :)

I think you will find this interesting btw, even if fitting arthouse cinema into a chart is a somewhat stupid exercise. :D

Anyway, it's good for inspiration: https://www.indiewire.com/2018/05/p...film-diagram-lynch-kiarostami-ozu-1201966364/
I'll check that link tomorrow but there are some unknown names. Wanna know more about them! :D

Bresson is brilliant. My fav? Au hasard Balthazar I'd say. Although both Mouchette and Journal d'uncure de campagne are also amazing.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
You have to watch this movie, at least once. it's so...¿fun onirically? :lol:
The cinematography is gorgeous in that film. The film itself is interesting, and parts of it are done quite well, but it's a little scatterbrained and random as an adaptation of Kivirähk's book.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll check that link tomorrow but there are some unknown names. Wanna know more about them! :D

Bresson is brilliant. My fav? Au hasard Balthazar I'd say. Although both Mouchette and Journal d'uncure de campagne are also amazing.
Pickpocket and A Man Escaped (don't feel like writing the French name) and Journal d'uncure de campagne are his best for me.

Seeing as you like Dostoevsky too, you should watch his film Quatre Nuits d'Un Reveur. Neat adaptation of dear Fyodor.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)